“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”

Started by inavalan, September 16, 2022, 10:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

In other news (unrelated ?):

Quote"Today we reject the idea that corporations have a freewheeling First Amendment right to censor what people say," U.S. Circuit Court Judge Andrew Oldham wrote.

--- https://www.npr.org/2022/09/16/1123620521/fifth-circuit-texas-social-media-ruling

Obviously media interprets the merits of the Texas and Florida laws and the court decisions, according to their colors and mental fortitude.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

Deb

Quote"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance."

Which is to say that intelligence is the ability to recognize your weaknesses.

Interesting article!

The one thing I don't agree with is the author's swapping the word knowledge with intelligence. Knowing and acknowledging the extent of one's ignorance is being honest with oneself. Recognizing our limits and shortcomings is the first step to working with them. But it doesn't automatically elevate a person's ability to understand and use knowledge, problem solve or learn.

Bora137

In order to progress I think it's very important that we understand we understand nothing. This RA quote always amuses me and in part because there is an element of Law of One followers who are so pedantic about what LOO is

Questioner: I am assuming that it is not necessary for an individual to understand the Law of One to go from the third to the fourth density. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. It is absolutely necessary that an entity consciously realize it does not understand in order for it to be harvestable.

Understanding is not of this density.

Brilliant - understanding is not of this density - it's a real jaw dropper for the evangelists and wipes the floor with the theologians  lol

inavalan

Quote"[... 9 paragraphs ...]

In your realm of reality, mistakes are a part of the learning process. They do not even seem to be mistakes until you are "at the next level" of development, or a step higher in your understanding — as when, say, in the sixth grade you looked back and saw a page of your own childish lettering done at the age of five.

I realize it is difficult to understand at times, but even your so-called mistakes have many far-reaching beneficial results that do not show in any isolated fashion. They may add to your understanding of yourself and others. They may be applied beneficially in entirely different areas of your life — so stop disapproving of yourself, of your "mistakes." Try to set your goals and to trust that the proper impulses will come to you to bring them about and that others will be disposed in your direction, for their own reasons. In the meantime, try to live in the present as much as possible.

[... 1 paragraph ...]"

—TPS5 Session 917 (Deleted Portion) May 21, 1980

inavalan

Quote"[... 26 paragraphs ...]

Evil, so termed, is a lack of knowledge, a lack of fulfillment, a lack of growth, measured against that which has felt inward enough to understand more of its nature. Evil is therefore less desirable. The whole process however is toward understanding in which the evil is doubled and erased, but the growth must come from something that is not yet grown, and you cannot call a seed evil because it is not yet the flower.

[... 1 paragraph ...]

Disease is not evil, for example. The murderer kills no one, yet if his intent is to do so then he must face the consequences of his intent. Crime after death is not punished. There is no crime to be punished, but between those last two statements lies a world of understanding, and knowledge that must be attained. And punishment enters in between those two statements as the individual takes the consequence for the action and the intent.

[... 1 paragraph ...]

There is no final judgment, for nothing is final. (Long pause.) There is no judgment because all is in transition toward greater knowledge and understanding. Between those two statements again lies worlds that must be deciphered.

[... 21 paragraphs ...]"

—TES8 Session 397 March 6, 1968

inavalan

Quote"[... 25 paragraphs ...]

The soul creates the flesh. The creator hardly looks down upon its creation. The soul creates the flesh for a reason, and physical existence for a reason, so none of this is to lead you to a distaste for physical life, nor toward a lack of appreciation for those sensual joys with which you are surrounded. Any inner journeys should allow you to find greater significance, beauty, and meaning in life as you know it now; but full enjoyment and development also means that you use all of your abilities, that you explore inner dimensions with as much wonder and enthusiasm. With proper understanding, therefore, it is quite possible for you to become quite familiar now with after-death landscapes and environments and experiences. You will find them to be as vivid as any you know. Such explorations will completely alter somber preconceptions about existence after death. It is very important that you divest yourself of as many preconceptions as possible, however, for these will impede your progress.

[... 4 paragraphs ...]

If your ideas of good and evil are rigorous, unbending, then you do not have the understanding that is necessary for any conscious manipulation in this other dimension. In other words, you should be as flexible mentally, psychologically, and spiritually as possible, open to new ideas, creative, and not overly dependent upon organizations or dogma.

[... 5 paragraphs ...]

If it is your own thought-form, then, in fact, you may learn from it by asking yourself what it represents, what problem that you have so materialized. Now you may hallucinate the same sort of thing after death, use it for a symbol, and undergo a spiritual battle of sorts that would, of course, not be necessary had you more understanding. You will work out your ideas, problems or dilemmas at your own level of understanding.

[... 9 paragraphs ...]"

—SS Part Two: Chapter 10: Session 538, June 29, 1970

inavalan

inavalan

The Gettier Problem - what is knowledge?

https://alhimar.com/gettier-problem/
https://iep.utm.edu/gettier/

https://mygestaltherapy.com/what-is-knowledge-knowledge/

Quote from: What is knowledgeGettier argues that it is possible to have a justified true belief without knowledge, then the JTB (justified true belief) analysis would be wrong.

Like Like x 1 View List

inavalan

Regarding the Gettier Problem picture above ... Obviously, at subconscious level he knew there's a sheep there. It's just that his subconscious materialized it in his reality when he investigated closer: what his inner-senses perceived, became perceivable with his physical-senses too.

Deb

Quote from: Seth on September 18, 2022, 08:13:33 PMI realize it is difficult to understand at times, but even your so-called mistakes have many far-reaching beneficial results that do not show in any isolated fashion. They may add to your understanding of yourself and others. They may be applied beneficially in entirely different areas of your life — so stop disapproving of yourself, of your "mistakes." Try to set your goals and to trust that the proper impulses will come to you to bring them about and that others will be disposed in your direction, for their own reasons. In the meantime, try to live in the present as much as possible.

I like this. Leave it to Seth to tell us to stop judging ourselves and that everything has a purpose.

I've always appreciated this too:

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
~ Henry Ford

Wow that Gettier Problem is a real mind tickler. Along the lines of Schrödinger's cat.