Then there is A Course in Miracles

Started by eyelive4ever2, July 29, 2015, 12:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyelive4ever2

I have read 4 books describing their own interpretation of A Course in Miracles. One is called The Disappearing Universe by Gary Renard. Gary says that spirits pop up in his living room to talk to him like Seth talked to people. He could hug them. How cool and I am jealous.
Arten and Pursah they call themselves. They say God did not create duality and he did not create the world. So constantly forgive it and it will disappear. Seth says we are playing a game. So it sounds like to me that we are eternal energy beings constantly playing games with our ideas. BUT, our ideas are sick ideas because the game is too hard. We are in a vibrating frequency band so dense that we have forgotten that we are constantly pulsating from a source that is not dense. This denseness of frequencies Which physicists call a collapsed wave function is the result of guilt. We are constantly turning ONE in to two because of the guilt of feeling separate from our source, which we can never be separate from.

Draw a wavy line, then in the middle of it draw what looks like a frequency where the wave juts up and down in amplitudes. That is solidity, the dream, our bodies, the illusion--not separate, but STILL the wave, our source, becoming collapsed, dense, more of a shadow--because of ideas. So we are totally saturated with trillions of waves constantly, which we are turning into frequencies called solidity, which are still part of the wave--which is our source called god. So don't want, or have ideas of wanting anything, feel completely ONE with the wave, totally innocent, and the frequencies will stop--disappearance!!!!

We don't really want to be here because no matter how much fun it might seem to be sometimes, it is no where as much fun as flying in the ONEness of that greater dimension called heaven. So forgive everyone because this is all a game that no one knows they are creating from their own guilt ideas. Fun ideas would not create here. It is boring here when you are an eternal being of energy and light. Makes sense to me. After all, I have read a lot of books written by near death experiencers. Their journeys through that blaze of light and love that they say is more real than here convinces me.
But a true ascended master knows that he or she can never really be separate from God or from anyone. So even though we are vibrating frequencies here, which is the two, this two is constantly bursting forth from the ONE. This is how we are saturated within heaven constantly. We are not separate from anything because waves extend outwards flowing thru everything. That is the nonlocality of our existence and why this is a dream. Just let it all go. Forgive it. Then all those collapsed waves will spread out again, seemingly to disappear.

Deb

Quote from: eyelive4ever2 on July 29, 2015, 12:14:10 PMI have read 4 books describing their own interpretation of A Course in Miracles.

Hi Phyllis, it's nice to hear from you! I just wanted to drop a quick comment, will digest your posts tomorrow most likely, when I'm not so frazzled from a long day plugged into a computer.

Have you read or taken the Course in Miracles? I keep hearing about it, have never looked into it, but maybe I should as it keeps coming into my radar. It must be worthy of attention, so much has been written about it.

Quote from: eyelive4ever2 on July 29, 2015, 12:14:10 PMI have read a lot of books written by near death experiencers. Their journeys through that blaze of light and love that they say is more real than here convinces me.

I've read a lot as well. Someone (I hope it wasn't Esther H) said that the reason "we" feel the after-death existence is so much more real and rich than this one is because we are just a projection or splinter of our whole selves. A return to the whole self makes for a whole existence and this reality pales in comparison. Those of us who have not had NDEs don't know any better, although a lot of us suspect this reality is not the real deal. Did that make any sense at all? I'm fried.

Before I sign off for the night, I don't know if you'd received notifications of responses to some of your previous posts. One in particular stands out in my mind, from BelieveItRealizeIt. I'll add an excerpt here so you can find your way back to it. I have a feeling you'd have a lot to talk about with him. He has a long history with Seth and a blog where he offers downloads of audio versions of some of the books. Definitely a labor of love. I actually had the chance to meet him early this summer. I was on a road trip headed west and just happened to drive through his town. He's a nice guy. I thought his opening line was eye-catching. Or at least one of the more clever pickup lines I've heard, lol.

Quote from: BelieveIt2RealizeIt on May 20, 2015, 02:04:41 AMEyeLive4Ever2 ... Is there an EyeLive4Ever1 or another #1 that you that plan to live forever with, making you #2?

John Sorensen

Quote from: Deb on July 30, 2015, 01:02:50 AM
Quote from: eyelive4ever2 on July 29, 2015, 12:14:10 PMI have read 4 books describing their own interpretation of A Course in Miracles.

Hi Phyllis, it's nice to hear from you! I just wanted to drop a quick comment, will digest your posts tomorrow most likely, when I'm not so frazzled from a long day plugged into a computer.

Have you read or taken the Course in Miracles? I keep hearing about it, have never looked into it, but maybe I should as it keeps coming into my radar. It must be worthy of attention, so much has been written about it.

Quote from: eyelive4ever2 on July 29, 2015, 12:14:10 PMI have read a lot of books written by near death experiencers. Their journeys through that blaze of light and love that they say is more real than here convinces me.

I've read a lot as well. Someone (I hope it wasn't Esther H) said that the reason "we" feel the after-death existence is so much more real and rich than this one is because we are just a projection or splinter of our whole selves. A return to the whole self makes for a whole existence and this reality pales in comparison. Those of us who have not had NDEs don't know any better, although a lot of us suspect this reality is not the real deal. Did that make any sense at all? I'm fried.

Before I sign off for the night, I don't know if you'd received notifications of responses to some of your previous posts. One in particular stands out in my mind, from BelieveItRealizeIt. I'll add an excerpt here so you can find your way back to it. I have a feeling you'd have a lot to talk about with him. He has a long history with Seth and a blog where he offers downloads of audio versions of some of the books. Definitely a labor of love. I actually had the chance to meet him early this summer. I was on a road trip headed west and just happened to drive through his town. He's a nice guy. I thought his opening line was eye-catching. Or at least one of the more clever pickup lines I've heard, lol.

Quote from: BelieveIt2RealizeIt on May 20, 2015, 02:04:41 AMEyeLive4Ever2 ... Is there an EyeLive4Ever1 or another #1 that you that plan to live forever with, making you #2?

The typical western brain washing is that death is some sort of loss, rather than a transition.

Death then of the physical organism is a reuniting of the little "self" with the big "Self".

We kind of see/feel things backwards.

Take the ocean for example, the ocean sends off a tiny little drop of itself for adventure, along the way the drop forgets it was part of the ocean.
When it leaves the place where it learned all new experiences, it rejoins the bigger ocean and remembers that it was always a part of the ocean, which is vast and infinite.

So death then is not a loss, but a gain. It is the tiny nut growing on the tree noticing it is part of the giant tree, the drop of the ocean noticing that is it not only part of the ocean, but made of the same stuff. It is indistinguishable from its source.

usmaak

I'm retrieving a zombie thread here.  I'm not sure what the policy is here on doing so, but this thread is the exact reason why I am here today.

I have a friend who has been trying to get me to read Course In Miracles for a couple of years now.  She's a Sethie as well, but Course In Miracles is her favorite of all of the "teachers".

I have tried several times to get into it, but I find the religious connotations to be very overbearing.  That's largely because of my history with religion.  It's not that I was in some cult or anything like that.  When I was a kid, I had a friend who talked me into going to summer camp with him.  The thing that I did not now, however, is that it was a regular fire and brimstone, tract reading, repent or burn in hell Christian bible camp.  It really messed with my 12 year old brain and changed me.  Even though I'm much older and have grown way past that, it still messes with my head from time to time.  From time to time, I still have thoughts of "what if they were right all along?  What is Seth is the devil, trying to lead me off the straight and narrow?"  To this date, I find it difficult to truly believe anything 100%, and I largely blame that experience.

Sorry.  Off track.  Anyway, my absolute inability to be able to get into CIM is because of this.  I've always run away from anything that uses god or christ or jesus or any of the other religious symbolism too much, and it's all over this book.  My friend tells me to see it as symbolism for the stuff in Seth, but I have not been able to.  I've started it multiple times and have never made it through the first chapter.

Anyone else have issues like this?  If so, how do you get yourself into reading books like this?

And yes, I know that I'm neurotic.

jbseth

Hi usmaak,

You asked if anyone else has any problems with CIM. 

I do, and mostly for the exact same reasons that you listed. For me, there are way too many religious connotations in it.

I bought a copy of the CIM book maybe 15 years ago because everyone was talking about it. Then, when I got it home and started reading it, I couldn't get into it for the exact same reasons that you mentioned above and so I put it on a shelf and haven't touched it since. I should have looked at it first, before I bought it, and maybe that was the lesson that I was suppose to get from it.

How do I get myself to read books like this?

I don't.  There are way too many wonderful books out there, for me to spend my time trying to force myself to read something that bothers me like CIM.  If I have too many problems with a book, then I just figure, it's not for me; and that's very much OK.

I'd rather spend my time reading something that really speaks to me, like a Seth book.

I hope this helps.

usmaak

Absolutely helpful.  It's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

Another author I was unable to read because of this was Wayne Dyer.  Everyone spoke so highly of his books, so I went out an bought all of them (at the time).  I read about 1/4 of one and then set them aside.  They all ended up at a secondhand book store when I moved and was unloading a ton of books.

My friend.  Well, I respect her knowledge on these subjects.  We actually started reading Seth together back in the 80s and she is one of the most knowledgeable people that I know on Sethie stuff.  She wrote a so far unpublished book on these very topics.  I wanted to be able to get into CIM, but I think that it is unlikely to happen.

Seth does speak to me.  Particularly Seth Speaks (lol) and Personal Reality.  While I like all of the subsequent Seth books, none of them are nearly the same for me.  Each book after Personal Reality has more fluff in it.

Deb

Quote from: usmaak
I have tried several times to get into it, but I find the religious connotations to be very overbearing.

I  have to completely agree with jbseth. The CIM has been "all the thing" for quite a while. I tried to get into it, but for me anything that smacks of organized religion is a big turnoff and while I still struggle with the word "God" — I can't stomach the rest of it. I also read some of Wayne Dyer's stuff and while it is nice, my impression is that he pulled together the spiritual teachings of several leaders and so he was just rehashing what he learned from others.

Believe me, I've been on a spiritual search since the age of 5 or so. Nothing has consistently made sense to me other than the Seth materials. I realize that is just my own opinion, but it is what it is and I'm glad to have one. I am currently re-reading Seth Speaks (the audio version) and I am thrilled all over again. Seth Speaks to Me. While Personal Reality and Mass Events have so far been my favorites, SS is currently wowing me.

usmaak

I like Mass Events as well and while I generally skip most of Rob's extraneous commentary, I like reading the stuff about Three Mile Island and Jonestown.  I was in 8th grade when those events occurred, and I remember having very specific feelings about each of them.  I lived in Massachusetts and that seemed entirely too close to Three Mile Island.  I remember them talking about clouds of radiation and not knowing where they'd go.  I have a strong emotional attachment to that event.  When I first started reading Seth, I was drawn to Mass Events, though my first book was actually Dreams and Projection of Consciousness. 

Seth has really been my only teacher.  As I might have mentioned before, I did Abraham for a while.  Something about it felt too staged and fake and all about the $$.  I also read The Secret but again, all about the $$.  Seth was never all about the $$, and compared to Seth, everything else that I've ever read is very badly watered down.  An entire life could be spent just learning to understand and use the concepts given.  Maybe even several lifetimes.