Bashar: pain as resistance to the "natural self" (?)

Started by inavalan, January 16, 2023, 05:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

The way I read these quotes, I largely agree. I assume that the "natural self" is in my nomenclature either the "whole-self", or the personality (the incarnation of the whole-self you're currently experiencing).

I noticed that the first quote says "resistance to the natural self", while the second "resistance of the natural self".

I guess these quotes are about the lack of alignment of your ego with that "natural self" 's purposes, most likely because of not being aware of them. Lack of awareness of those goals is caused by the innate ignorance of the ego (which reflects the level of evolvement of your "natural self"), also by its conditioning due to being formed and living in the current society, culture, family.

The first quote sounds a little better than the second, because it feels like the second quote blames you for not wanting to align, or believing that pain is useful, which isn't fair, and it is kind of blaming the victim for the circumstances. It is a negative admonition, so I doubt that it can have a positive effect. Also the use of "what you naturally deserve" is another negative take, both because that gives you the impression of being entitled to something, and also for blaming you for not taking it.

The first quote gives some constructive direction on what to do.

As I said, I largely agree as I understand it, but I believe that for most followers of Bashar those admonitions aren't effective.

I also believe that people should be careful not to give incorrect advice with good intentions. Interestingly, this is in line withe the quote I posted yesterday, that said that "Regardless of our intent, the response we get will dictate what the communication actually means" link. It seems that most of the advice given by channels, gurus, sages doesn't trigger positive effects in their followers, but only wishful thinking.

As I understand these, generally people don't suffer, and aren't in pain because of their holding of the belief that pain and suffering are good for them. There are specific beliefs for each pain and each suffering. Those specific beliefs have to be addressed. It is likely that there are some cases in which people believe (were led to believe) that pain and suffering are good for them, but even in those cases, pain and suffering can't be significantly alleviated only by addressing that belief.

Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.