How important is the real

Started by Bora137, February 11, 2023, 06:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bora137

Earth plane is like a school, a gym for consciousness, a dream and so on. But we all experience and witness the true horror of life on the news and elsewhere - in this 'school'. So my thought is that this sacrificial plane of horror and pain is so terrible in some respects because it is like a firewall or a failsafe filter protecting the higher levels of consciousness which are the inner sanctum that no negativity can be allowed to breach. That is way earth can be so bad.

inavalan

I believe too that our life on Earth is a school, but that the pain is caused by our individual ignorance, and although the ignorance is inherent, serious pain isn't by design.

It seems that most of us don't know what we're here to learn, and how to go about that.

The process is relatively simple: observe around, interpret it, learn form it, then again, the same lesson if you haven't learned it yet, or other lessons. The beauty of things is, as I understand it, that you don't need to learn how to specifically solve your problems, but just wish for them to get solved, without worrying about how. You, with your thoughts and poor focus, create your problems in the same way: you wonder about negative turns of events, then they happen.

A balanced life, as learning process, implies your thoughts creating a problem, then observing it, wishing for its favorable outcome, experiencing it or not, then interpreting the lesson. This happens over and over, both when awake and when asleep. When asleep this happens much faster than when awake, because the non-physical environment is much more malleable.

When you do it consciously and skillfully, it is like surfing the waves: peaks are followed by troughs, and troughs by peaks. They don't have to be of high amplitude, but you need them because otherwise there wouldn't be lessons to learn.

When lucid and confident in your skills, you might decide to test your limits, and go for bigger waves, and obviously if you're too cocky you might learn a more painful lesson.
Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

Bora137

I wholly agree inavalan. Our false beliefs (we are mortal) create our fears, create our painful reality. We have unfortunately created a morbid illusion within what could be a very enjoyable experience in physical reality.

I have touched moments when I know I create reality. At these points I feel I have shaken myself out of the illusion and am merrily amused by how everyone else is still operated by the illusion. But yes I agree the majority are stuck in the illusion and so are daily recreating it.

Still as Seth says and you posted recently inavalan various forms of consciousness pass through the human plane. I think, like I say, to be filtered and purified in order to reach higher and protected planes.

Can I ask, do you feel you have always been awake, or like me were you fully immersed in the illusion and the woke up?

Like Like x 1 View List

inavalan

Quote from: Bora137 on February 25, 2023, 05:16:39 PMCan I ask, do you feel you have always been awake, or like me were you fully immersed in the illusion and the woke up?

If I understand your question, you're asking about "spiritual awakening" ...

I don't consider myself "awake". I never even thought in such terms.

For much of my life I wasn't interested at all in more than the physical reality. Then, at some point I needed to understand why I am here, what I am supposed to do in this life. Then, it took a while until I found the path I am on now. I believe that this path implies individual growth, evolvement, and it is infinite. I tend to believe that practically all those who believe that they "know the truth" fool themselves.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

Bora137

I agree we find a path but like you say down here the truth cannot be known we sort of stumble on following vague signposts. If ever I get lost which happens a lot I return to the central choice between love and fear which is my most trusty compass.

strangerthings

"sacrificial plane of horror and pain"

@-__-@

Dayum girl

lol

Bora137

Ye perhaps I've over egged it there lol
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Mik

@Bora137

To your original #1 comment here.

1) Stop watching/hearing/reading the news. A harmful use of time. You'll be much happier.

2) Have faith in your own ability to construct a good Earth for yourself.

3) There is no guarantee we will learn the lessons in this specific Time-Life-Cycle. Nor is it  necessary (Not a bad idea, though.) --- With infinite lives in infinite Now time, we get infinite do-overs.

I wish You Peace, if that is right for you.....

(Joy and) Happiness,
     Mik.

PS. Most individuals in thier Time-Life-Cycles do learn most, if not all, of the lessons they came to learn. This is True if they read Seth, Me, You, Their Parents, Edgar Caycy, or Dr Seuss.

As Seth says, (paraphrased):
Before birth a structure is created (by each individual self) and put in place to help everyone do that.

Mik

@inavalan

I have seen that you are very good at knowing where to find specific Seth material. That is definetely not my strength.

Could you please help and  find, (and provide), the actual quote I just paraphrased from memory for Bora137...or send me in the right direction. I believe I even saw it once in one of your posts.

If you would, that would be great. Thank you in advance. If you don't want to - I fully understand. Thank you anyway.

Either way, have a wonderful day.

(Joy and) Happiness,
    Mik.

inavalan

Maybe sifting through the result of this search you can find what you're looking for:
"before birth"

Mik

Mik

Hello Bora137,
   I haven't found the quote I was looking for yet. But I thought I would offer this about the news.

The news is unfortunately driven by sensation and profits. It is meant to scare and upset you.

Good things that happen every day that hardly ever make the news:

-Happy people getting married.
-Healthy children being born.
-Businesses successfully experiencing their second year.
-Parks being opened, reopened, and dedicated.
-Lives saved in hospitals.
-New Medical Treatments discovered every day.
-Recovered patients leaving the hospital.
-Eagle Scouts helping the community with projects, charity and gifts.
-Children starting school.
-Children playing out of school in the snow.
-The delight of kids participating in sports: playing games, winning and losing - but enjoying it just the same.
-Children graduating high school.
-Students starting college for the first time. 
-People learning new and exciting things in every grade and college course.
-Teachers dedicating their lives to their students.
-Students graduating college.
-People starting new jobs everyday.
-People buying new, or, new-to-them cars.
-People giving their old cars to charities.
-People buying their first house.
-People paying off their mortgage.
-Pretty sunny days.
-Flowers and vegetables growing.
-New art and exhibits in museums.
-Beauty everywhere.
-Friends meeting, going to dinner having fun.
-Friends meeting at church and great events happening there.
-Couples making love for the first time.
-Exciting birds flying into and out of the area.
-People having a great time in a city, state or federal park.
-People helping strangers for no reason or gain.
-New inventions that change lives.
-Family reunions.
-People making new friends.
--- Etc., etc., etc..
 ! The list goes on and on. The world is brimming over with good things. !

Why aren't these things on the news?

Why watch news that doesn't include the good stuff?

Just a thought and a question.

As always, I wish for you, and everyone . . .

(Joy and) Happiness,
    Mik.

inavalan

About 20 years ago, I was surprised to hear a tv anchorman stating that a journalist's mission is to interpret the events for the people, to educate the audience, not just to report on news. I disagreed. From that time, I noticed more and more that the news try to manipulate the public opinion. Some of them do it for financial reasons,  others political reasons, others believing they are right. I would stick to just reporting based on the public's will to know.

Regarding the list you put together ... I think that it reflects your beliefs about what is good, and you would try to make people better (to manipulate them) by your standards (that you think to be the right ones).

You could do a poll on one of the "social" platforms about the subjects you listed, to find out how many people would follow vs. not follow each subject. I wouldn't watch most of them, although I don't have anything against most of them, but would feel like a waste of time, plus I would feel that somebody tries to manipulate me, and I dislike that.

By the way, for example "Lives saved in hospitals" isn't news, because that's what hospitals are supposed to do, but medical errors, or corruption are news that people should be aware of, even if they aren't widely spread. That's why it's called "news", because it isn't the "ordinary".

I believe that the news should refrain from induce fear, anger, hate, but also shouldn't hide unsavory events.

EDIT: This reminds a dialogue from the movie "Two weeks notice":
Hugh: You always say I have a responsibility towards those less fortunate.
Sandra: Everybody is less fortunate than you... So just give the money to someone who's not gonna spend it on collagen.
Hugh: You only want me to be generous to those you approve of.

Mik

That was a heavily abridged list of alternative possible positive topics that might be suitable to report on, rather than as compared to, only negative and sensational items which is currently 95% of our news.

And my major point was to NOT WATCH perpetually negative news when clearly the information is cherry picked to be sensational and negative --- for the purpose of generating greater profits (and/or meet an agenda, as you pointed out) while ignoring almost all possible good news. That is because negative news generates sales/traffic.

The reason to not watch: Where a person focuses their attention; that's what they're going to get. Not watching the news would increase the quality of many people's lives.

And I disagree (some more, as it seems): I think many people would really like to hear a feature about people that are being saved in the hospital.

You are correct: those ideas are mine alone that I came up with in about 8 minutes. I would really like for people to add what they think would make good news that is worthy of being seen/heard/read. Thanks in advance.

(Joy and) Happiness,
    Mik.

inavalan

Quote from: Mik on January 18, 2024, 02:24:24 AM... I think many people would really like to hear a feature about people that are being saved in the hospital.

As I said ... Run a poll about that. I vote: not interested. As you said, I prefer not to focus on hospital activity, because I want to "be healthy", and not to "be sick and successfully healed".

People are quite different, and unexpected. Who am I to decide what is good and bad for others? The majority doesn't know better either.

Anyway, I prefer to talk on this board about Seth, and Seth related stuff. This is why I like to let Seth speak more than paraphrase what Jane put in her words.

For example, what did you understand from the paraphrase you posted, and for which you wanted to find a quote? I don't understand what you meant.

Quote from: MikAs Seth says, (paraphrased):
Before birth a structure is created (by each individual self) and put in place to help everyone do that

LarryH

I subscribe to two positive news sources:
Sign up for the weekly email from humanprogress with links to interesting developments.

Another source of daily inspiration is the last few minutes of any of the three major US networks' nightly news (6:30 Eastern time), all of which attempt to finish off with positive or inspirational stories.

That being said, I watch the whole half-hour of one of those network news sources (CBS) because I like to stay informed about world and national events and can stay positive despite that.

Mik

Larry,

Thank you for that information, I'll look into the two first sources.

I try to not watch any form of TV to avoid ads and other forms of influences from outside. (Both through people around me and other sources of information, I am still exposed to much World happenings). So I'll avoid the news. But thank you for the knowledge.

(Joy and) Happiness,
    Mik.

inavalan

"You create your own reality" is the basic tenet of the Seth material.

This also means that your reality isn't created by others, and also that you don't create others' reality either.

Everyone joined this learning framework to learn, practice, and master creating his own reality.

The "individually and en masse" means that you create your own individual reality, and that each group creates its own group reality. It doesn't mean that the group imposes its reality on yours, nor that you impose your reality on the group's.

The outer reality you experience is the materialization of your inner reality. You can change what you experience only by changing your inner reality (beliefs, thought, emotions).

If there were no challenges, we wouldn't learn anything, and waste our sojourn here. This doesn't mean that suffering is good or necessary, but that suffering is a gauge of our current ability to create reality. This applies both to our direct and indirect suffering.

Mik

You are right. The fact that we all create our own reality is the basic tenant of all reality, not just Seth's writing.

(Joy and) Happiness,
    Mik.

inavalan

Quote from: Mik on January 18, 2024, 04:50:49 PMYou are right. The fact that we all create our own reality is the basic tenant of all reality, not just Seth's writing.

(Joy and) Happiness,
    Mik.

There are more people that believe differently.

You see, your paraphrase doesn't say exactly what Seth says, and might lead to different interpretations.

As an identity, be it an individual or a group, you create your own reality; and there is an endless number of distinct realities.

When you say "we", you leave room to the belief in a single and objective reality, which I believe not to be what Seth described, and what I believe too.

My bringing attention to this tenet was intended to address your post about better news. Those news don't affect your reality. Asking others to change them means that you delegate the creation of your reality to external forces, which contradicts the basic tenet: it doesn't work, no matter how it might appear to be. It is like trying to slim down your image in the mirror, instead of losing weight.

Mik

Hi, you might want to go back to the beginning of my first post in this sequence.

There were three main points:

If the news is bothering you don't watch it. My rationale argument was: "the news rarely includes good things" (of which the world is full of wonderful good things) "because 'good news' is not , or rarely, profitable."  -- So why watch it?

I encouraged her to have faith that she could create a world that was good for her personally.

That most iterations of people in thier (current) time-life-cycle learn most of the lessons they came here to learn. [But that there is no rush, or demand, that they do so.]

Peace.

And as always...
I wish for you, and everyone,...

(Joy and) Happiness,

Invalan, I don't know what you personally are looking for in Seth writings. I hope you find it. At the very minimum - I hope you claim/create Joy and Happiness for yourself.

Mik.

Mik

I forgot to mention: by seeing yourself as currently slimmer, you assist what 'you' believe to be the truth, and thereby assist yourself to lose weight.

We each create our OWN reality with what we believe and what we think. I believe in Seth terms that is "The Most Basic Truth".

(Joy and) Happiness,
    Mik

inavalan

Quote from: Mik on January 18, 2024, 08:11:46 PMI forgot to mention: by seeing yourself as currently slimmer, you assist what 'you' believe to be the truth, and thereby assist yourself to lose weight.

We each create our OWN reality with what we believe and what we think. I believe in Seth terms that is "The Most Basic Truth".

(Joy and) Happiness,
    Mik

You seem to not understand what I mean, and probably I don't understand what you mean, so I'll stop here.

DavidKay

Quote from: Mik on January 17, 2024, 03:59:33 AM@Bora137

To your original #1 comment here.

1) Stop watching/hearing/reading the news. A harmful use of time. You'll be much happier.

This has been very true for me.  Very, very true.  With all going on in the world, following the news has not been good for my mental health.  Once I unplugged from the 24 hour news cycle and any other news cycle, my life became much more pleasant.  I used to call this "sticking my head in the sand" and I have to say that the view is fine in here.
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Mik

Invavalan, here is what I mean

Quote from: inavalan on November 08, 2022, 01:36:01 AM
Quote"Now I have told you time and time again, my friends, that you construct your physical universe and your private environment in line with your inner expectations, for they mirror perfectly the deepest areas of your own inner reality.

This is perhaps the closest I can come in handing you anything that approaches a basic truth. All of our material follows from this, and any other information contained in the material follows and flows out of this primary statement."

—TES6 Session 253 April 25, 1966

I originally got this from a conversation with a tree in a swamp, not Seth. But it is really nice and affirming to me that Seth says this.

Again I wish for you, and everyone, . . .

(Joy and) Happiness,
    Mik.

Mik

Thank you for the affirmation DavidKay.

(Joy and) Happiness,
   Mik.
Like Like x 1 View List

Mik

@inavalan

I suspect I see our basic different point of view: correct me if I'm wrong about your point of view please.

Simplified:

It appears you seem to think that because we create our own reality, that interacting with other entities in their time-life-cycle has no effect on us.

My perspective: I disagree.

Am I close?

(Joy and) Happiness,
    Mik.

inavalan

Quote from: Mik on January 20, 2024, 01:16:11 AM@inavalan

Simplified:

It appears you seem to think that because we create our own reality, that interacting with other entities in their time-life-cycle has no effect on us.

No. My perspective is from the opposite side of a paradigm; a different reference. I think that that's what Seth / Jane describe.

But, I don't want to influence you, nor anybody else. I just state my views, preferably pointing to quotes from the Seth material as channeled by Jane. Then, everybody interprets those through their current beliefs.

I believe that these discussions should be more about learning how to learn, than about explaining what we learned. That explaining should be just informative.

EDIT: As I wrote before,  "we create our own reality" is misleading.

Mik

I think people have a right to know how I learned what I learned; considering how non-mainstream it is.

But I also think I can add a great deal to this conversation because I have information and experinces that are similar, and/or, identical to Seth teachings in many areas.

Saying/sharing what you have experienced provides a different perspective that might be educational for some (or many). A different perspective, and phraseology, might help someone who does not grasp the specific words that another uses.

I value helping people very highly.

I ordinarily, if attempting to share or teach, attempt to speak to the question at hand and the level of understanding as I perceive of the person that I am (attempting) communicating with. 

What a person always needs to know is what they need to know NEXT.

I'm sure sometimes when people read what I write they say "No that can't be right." And that is GOOD. Each person must find, and define, thier own path for themselves.

I have no doubt that sometimes I choose the wrong level of complexity to speak to and share. But that's the risk in a format like this. And we all take it.

I am not Seth, and people clearly know this. I typically speak such that everyone knows that I speak from my own authority, not Seth's. I have gone to some effort so that people can perceive that. Even at some risk of sharing very personal things to do so.

When a journalist selects who they are going to quote, and what specific quotes they are going to include in their article: they are showing THEIR  personal understanding of the situation, and often their own bias (be it intended or unintended).

I look forward to your reply.

(Joy and) Happiness,
        Mik.

Mik

Quote from: inavalan on January 18, 2024, 09:14:30 PM
Quote from: Mik on January 18, 2024, 08:11:46 PMI forgot to mention: by seeing yourself as currently slimmer, you assist what 'you' believe to be the truth, and thereby assist yourself to lose weight.

(Joy and) Happiness,
    Mik

You seem to not understand what I mean, and probably I don't understand what you mean, so I'll stop here.

Now that we've discussed ways of changing personal beliefs, do you disagree with what I said - that you quoted of me (above)?

(Joy and) Happiness, 
    Mik.

Mik

This is back to my original concern and suggestion of "Do not watch the news".

Quote from: inavalan on November 30, 2023, 01:57:22 AMIn Inavalan's post he included a long Seth quote (I think the point of the post was regurading "how we create reality"), an abbreviated version follows:

" .........

I would state furthermore that indeed Ruburt did have occasion to be angry at the chiropractor, since with an emotional fear unthinking suggestions such as his, made with only the flimsiest of evidence, can be most harmful and destructive. And in an unwary, emotionally upset personality, particularly if under stress, such a suggestion could cause a harmless and protective nodule to be changed by the strong powers of adverse expectation, or rather expectation poorly used, into the form of what is feared;  . . . .  so could suggestion turn a relatively harmless formation like Ruburt's into an arthritic condition.

Now obviously the unthinking suggestion alone is not responsible, or would not be responsible, for such circumstances. They would have to fall upon fertile ground; and given great enough emotional and subconscious fear an individual would need no outside suggestion.

...... I removed some important information in relation to the Seth quote's overall implications, but, I'm selecting specifically for the issue of (Not) watching the news, [Mik] .......

Despite Ruburt's understanding, his intellectual understanding of his fear of arthritis, he was thrown into an understandable and regrettable emotional state, with which he grappled with at least some success. But you see here what under other circumstances could have been the final straw, so to speak, the word of authority that would say "Your fears are justified." In such an instance and under certain conditions such an individual would have his deepest dreads, therefore, fastened upon him.

He would be convinced so of the diagnosis, that a disease that he might have escaped would be brought to physical manifestation. I am going into this clearly because the consequences that Ruburt escaped have often not been shaken off by others."

--- TES3, Session 98

[If you found the quote interesting you might want to go back and review the full original.]

For many people the news has an authoritarian quality to it, yet, is extremely biased towards sensationalism, profits, political bias, Etc. Nothing good, the majority of the time.

My personal point is, if the news worries you, then you're applying energy, focus and expectations that it is real, and, that it affects you personally. Which 99% of the time it doesn't affect you personally. Except to make you fear. Or if you internalize your worries and fears, it might make you ill in various ways.

By investing energy, fear, and focus into the situation you may make the world situation worse, as well. So if you are unable to control your worry, and, are unable to provide positive energy into the situation, you almost have an obligation NOT to watch the news.

You will be happier and the world will be better off.

However, if you can find something you can actually do about it, and then do it, and it's important to you - Then that's another way to change reality. (Action is a form of applied belief, also, positive action often reduces worry.)

For me, I attempt to avoid the news, but, I often focus on giving positive energy, giving love, to everyone, to the Earth, the Universe, and the Universe of Universes. (My personal challenge is in not doing it all the time and often enough.)

I can see this clearly helps the people around me and sometimes those I meet. I assume it helps the Earth and the Universe and Universe of Universes. It definitely helps me.

But for anyone that worries about the news then DO NOT WATCH IT! You will be happier and probably healthier.

Possibly, try to volunteer out in the world and help somebody: that too can make you happier.

We must each find our own path to what works for us.

Anything that increases our worry is probably not the right path, UNLESS that is part of your learning you have chosen to do in this life. Then it may be unavoidable. (Anything Is Possible, so maybe not.)

[ I am aware I skirted the issue of each person having an individual reality and their external reality may have little to do with another's. But the point is still valid even so.]

(Joy and) Happiness,
       Mik.

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List