Concentrate on the end (goal), not on the means to that end!

Started by inavalan, May 20, 2023, 02:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

"Concentration should not be upon feeling well enough in the morning to do something he wants to do. It should be upon the thing he wants to do, and away from the physical condition."
"Health should be considered then — and this is important — as a means to a desired end; full productive creative work; full use of abilities; daily enjoyment; helping others. When he focuses upon health itself as such, he overconcentrates."

—TPS1 Session 480 (Deleted) May 7, 1969
Like Like x 2 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

steff74

That's the reason why Neville works fine with the Seth-Material. Conceptionally there are differences, practically Neville told the same than Seth regarding a wish fulfilled.   
Like Like x 1 View List

inavalan

Quote from: steff74 on May 20, 2023, 03:09:43 PMThat's the reason why Neville works fine with the Seth-Material. Conceptionally there are differences, practically Neville told the same than Seth regarding a wish fulfilled.   
Interesting. Do you have a similar Neville quote?

We usually think in terms of "I want money to ...", "I want to be healthy enough to ...", "I want to win the lottery", "I want X/Y to love me", ... Instead of wishing an "end", we wish for a means to an end, which introduces limitations to creation, making the creation more difficult.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

On the same idea:

"Be careful of the suggestion "I will sell all the paintings that I want to sell," for you are setting up conditions and limitations. Either say "I will sell all my paintings," or "I will sell these paintings," referring to specificness. Do you understand the difference?
("Yes.")
Give us a moment.(Pause.)Do not say "so-and-so will buy such-and-such a painting, he has the money," if there is any touch of accusation in the statement "He has money." Do you follow me?"

—TPS1 Session 479 (Deleted)
Like Like x 1 View List

steff74

Quote from: inavalan on May 20, 2023, 11:41:49 PMInteresting. Do you have a similar Neville quote?

https://freeneville.com/live-in-the-end-july-19-1968-neville-goddard-pdf/

QuoteWho knows what you are imagining? No one knows, but you can sit down and imagine, and no one can stop you from doing it, but can you give reality to the imagined state? If you do, yes, a bridge of incidents will appear in your world, and you'll walk across some series of events leading up to the fulfillment of the imaginal state. But don't give causation to any physical step that you took towards the fulfillment of it.

QuoteSo, here, I say: dwell in the end. The end is where we begin, for if I've seen my name on the marquee, that's the end. I don't wait for the incident to take place in my world to move from one to the other to another, leading up to that; I dwell in the end. So, if I go to the very end, what would it be like were it true?
Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

Quote from: inavalan on May 20, 2023, 02:58:13 AM"Health should be considered then — and this is important — as a means to a desired end; full productive creative work; full use of abilities; daily enjoyment; helping others. When he focuses upon health itself as such, he overconcentrates."

Health should maybe assumed/taken for granted. Which would be difficult when someone is currently experiencing such debilitating health issues. But I do get what Seth is saying.
Like Like x 1 View List