A new Seth book

Started by wadihicham, January 13, 2024, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wadihicham

Hi There,

Just wanted to inform you that there is a new Seth book titled "Key Points and Illustrations of Seth Speaks". The title itself is quite self-explanatory. I have just begun reading it.

The book may be an opportunity for discussing the main concepts presented by Seth.

Here is the amazon link :

Illustrated Seth Speaks   

Best regards, H. Wadi

inavalan

This gave me an idea: if I could reach Seth with a suggestion, that would be for him to have dictated through Jane, or another, a "Seth for Dummies" book. :) Maybe he did it in another version of physical reality (?) Maybe there is one already, by another author, but that it isn't recognized as such?
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

wadihicham

Maybe "Seth for the Bitter" would suit you better.

inavalan

Quote from: wadihicham on January 14, 2024, 08:33:37 AMMaybe "Seth for the Bitter" would suit you better.
Uncalled for.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

wadihicham

For me this book is a little bit like Christie's cliff (downloaded from this forum) notes that I like to browse from time to time. It's a practical way to revisit Seth concepts, hoping to deepen one's understanding.
Also, it is maybe a good place to start for someone new to Seth in order to have a first idea. That's why I shared about it in the forum.

H. Wadi 

inavalan

You, likely, misunderstood my post ... There is a series of books "For Dummies", that attempts to present a subject in a simpler form, for those who might find it difficult to understand. It isn't about the readers being "dummies"; it isn't an insult. My suggestion wasn't meant as an assessment of the book you brought to attention, nor of you.

I looked on Amazon at the preview of that book, and it isn't something that I intend to give more consideration to. This is mainly because of the way I approach learning about reality, about myself, about what I should do. I look at others' opinions only as possible sources to be interpreted by myself using my inner guidance. Although everything can be symbolically interpreted, I prefer to select the sources that seem richer. I look even at the Seth Material as a source for interpretation, not as something to be intellectually approached.

When doing such interpretations, the first step is to leave aside all your beliefs and expectations in order to reduce the distortions they inherently induce.

wadihicham

That's true, I misunderstood your post. Very sorry for that.

Yes maybe you are right, maybe I'm trying too much to understand the material intellectually.

Ideally, one should have an experience akin to an awakening or an out-of-body experience to truly advance in understanding, but in the absence of this (for me), I only have my intuition and reason to figure out the meaning and try to connect Seth concepts.
But perhaps I am not aware of certain things, and I would be sincerely curious to know more about your approach if you wish to share it.

Concerning the beliefs and expectations, yes one should leave them aside as much as possible but that's not so easy for example concerning the concept of time. For me I cannot imagine reality without time. The same with causality... 

inavalan

You can run searches on the Seth search engine. It is very powerful even if you run only simple queries.

For example, this is quite a meaty quote:

"Cellular memory can be changed at any point. Present beliefs can insert into the past new memory, both psychologically and physically. The future is in no way predetermined on basic levels. This does not mean that the future cannot be predicted sometimes, for in practical terms you will often continue with certain lines of probability which can be seen 'ahead of time.'"

—The Nature of Personal Reality; Part Two: Chapter 14: Session 654, April 9, 1973  © 2011 Laurel Davies-Butts

wadihicham

Yes, that's true the Seth engine is a very useful tool.   

Mik

Quote from: inavalan on January 14, 2024, 03:55:20 PM"
You, likely, misunderstood my post ... There is a series of books "For Dummies", that attempts to present a subject in a simpler form, for those who might find it difficult to understand. It isn't about the readers being "dummies"; it isn't an insult. My suggestion wasn't meant as an assessment of the book you brought to attention, nor of you.

I looked on Amazon at the preview of that book, and it isn't something that I intend to give more consideration to.

"

Inavalan, How many people do you normally insult, upset or offend in a single week? I am truly impressed and amazed. WOW!

(Joy and) Happiness,
      Mike