Seth on learning and why we are here

Started by Deb, January 22, 2015, 10:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

This came from Lynda Madding Dahl's Facebook page a few weeks ago:

"In greater terms, positive and negative have little meaning, for the physical experience is meant as a LEARNING one."

* In your system of reality YOU ARE LEARNING what mental energy is, and how to use it.
* YOU ARE LEARNING responsibility--the responsibility of any individualized consciousness.
* YOU ARE LEARNING to handle creative energy; and since you are still in the process of doing so, you will often misdirect it.
* YOU ARE LEARNING how to form reality from your own beliefs, while having at the same time the freedom to choose those beliefs--to choose your mental state.
* You are not your consciousness. It is something that belongs to you and to the soul. YOU ARE LEARNING to use it.
* YOU ARE LEARNING to be co-creators.
* YOU ARE LEARNING to know yourselves. At the rate you are going, it will take you some time.
* YOU ARE LEARNING to handle the energy that is yourself, for creative purposes.
* In physical reality YOU ARE LEARNING that your thoughts have reality, and that you create the reality that you know.
* YOU ARE LEARNING to use the creative energy of which you are a part, and you are indeed quite isolated, so you cannot do much harm, in your terms.
* In this existence YOU ARE LEARNING to handle the inexhaustible energy that is available to you.
* You are consciously aware of certain events, and unconsciously aware of much more that in one way or another YOU ARE LEARNING to bring into conscious focus.
* YOU ARE LEARNING to be gods as you now understand the term.
* YOU ARE LEARNING now, in a three dimensional context, the ways in which your emotional and psychic existence can create varieties of physical form.
* YOU ARE LEARNING to BE as completely as possible.
* In one way, YOU ARE LEARNING to create yourselves.
* YOU ARE LEARNING how to transform the imaginative realm of probabilities into a more or less specific, physically experienced world.
* In your particular camouflage universe, YOU ARE LEARNING energy transformation.
* YOU ARE LEARNING to use your consciousness to become conscious co-creators of your own reality.
* In rational, intellectual terms alone, and using the terms the way [they are] usually used, YOU ARE LEARNING a lot from someone who has no reality, and that is a good trick on your part. Finding yourselves is something else.
* MAN IS LEARNING to create new worlds. In order to do so he has taken on many challenges.

From Seth Speaks; The Nature of Personal Reality; The Seth Material; The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events; Dreams, "Evolution," and Value Fulfillment, Vol. 1; Conversations With Seth, Vols. 1 & 2

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Pinky

This is a mighty good list of reminders of why we're here, Deb.  I needed this--thank you!

Bumblebee

eyelive4ever2

Earth time wise, in my 20s when I had been reading Seth books awhile, I met a man working right next door. He was very quiet. We talked about something and he invited me to his apartment. Once he was having a get together and while I was standing there listening I felt a bit of fast energy enter my body. I immediately looked this man's way and he was staring at me as if that energy was a message that he had sent.
While reading Seth books I had an experience while landscaping. A co worker fell down in front of me holding his side as if it hurt. I yell out to see if he wants a doctor. Then immediately I feel all this extra energy fill up my body. Somehow this was a message to me to go to this man. So I put my hand on his body and tell him to relax. Then he almost immediately stands up not in pain anymore.
Once my son was the age of 5. I named him Laughing. While at a church day care one day apparently another child had screamed into one of his ears too loudly. Laughing could not stop crying, so this day care called me to pick him up. After picking him up, I sit down with him for about 5 minutes. I wish/image/pray that he be perfect again, that his pain go away. In about 5 minutes I felt this small bit of really fast energy leave my abdomen and go his way. Immediately he stopped crying.
Once a boy was sneezing and coughing. As I walked by him I threw the thought to him that he felt well. His sneezing and coughing immediately stopped.
Once I fell down on one of my knees on a wooden porch. My whole body hurt something awful. I decided to hold my knee and then say to myself "go back the way you were" over and over. In about 5 to 10 minutes all my pain went away. No bruises or swelling or achiness later. YEA !!!!
Had a wart on my hand once. Thought I would see flat skin instead. At the end of the day I had no wart, just flat skin.
Felt an energy being walk into my body. I had no resistence. This being said something, then just disappeared. Felt an energy being enter my motel room and then circle it. Seems like this being was raring up to zoom through me as fast as possible. Then I felt this being zoom through me. Felt an energy being walk up to me very slowly. Then I felt a round warm center of this being enter me, then disappear.
Woke up one morning with an energy being spooning me and another running across my body like a cat.
Then I moved into a small travel trailer and all these sensations stopped. I am back into an apartment again and wishing that all these experiences and more will begin again. I think that I am constantly being pulsated on this earth to teach others this type of information.

The Unknown Reality Vol 2:
Page 472  "You flow in wave like fashion into the physical particlized versions that you call corporal existences.
Page 506  "be bold enough to discard old dogmatic comfort blankets..."
Page 531 "When man realizes that he creates his own image...."
Page 546 " the soul cannot be broken down or built up, dsetroyed or expanded, yet it can change affiliation and organization, and its characteristics, while ever remaining itself.
Page 557 "there is a great correlation between what you think of as creativity, altered states of consciousness, play and spiritual development.......Physically, play develops body mechanisms. It also flexes the great capabilities of your minds."
Page 558 "You would not be alive, in your terms, if first you did not imagine yourself as you are. Play is, in fact, one of the most practical methods of survival. Within its framework lie the secrets of creativity, and within the secrets of creativity lie the secrets of being."
"Play brings you a needed rest from your distorted concepts of selfhood. Many of the world's finest inventions have come when the inventor was not concentrating upon work, but indulging in pastimes or play.
Page 568 "The body is a miraculous organism."
Page 569 "You are surrounded by miracles."
"You make your own reality."
Page 570 "And through the compassion that we have learned, will be able to understand the divine errors that gave us the gift of our birth."
Page 627 "yet that inner order is not the result of laws, but of spontaneous creation."
"......you are that superself--looking out of only one eye, or using just one finger."

Deb

Wow, lots of amazing experiences! It's good that wrote them down (at least here). There are so many things that happen in our lives that are spiritual and out of the bounds of the OLC and most of us don't take notice of them. Just events here and there. But for me, when I finally start thinking of these occurrences, I realize that there are more of them than I've thought. You definitely are a healer, and to be able to share that... how rewarding is that? Yeah.

OK, your quotes from Unknown Reality made me realize I need to start reading those right away. I had gotten into Personal Sessions a couple of months ago but was side-tracked when I took the online Intensive.

Quote from: eyelive4ever2 on February 18, 2015, 04:17:32 PMPage 558 "You would not be alive, in your terms, if first you did not imagine yourself as you are. Play is, in fact, one of the most practical methods of survival. Within its framework lie the secrets of creativity, and within the secrets of creativity lie the secrets of being."
"Play brings you a needed rest from your distorted concepts of selfhood. Many of the world's finest inventions have come when the inventor was not concentrating upon work, but indulging in pastimes or play.

These quotes really struck me -- I need to do more of that. I've been too plugged into getting things done, which is how I tend to be. But I need. to. take. a. break. Thank you.

Mik

Deb, the clip from Lynda M Dahl's Facebook page is magnificent.

Everything else is really good, but that's magnificent.

Thank you.
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Deb

Wow @Mik that was so long ago! And yet I remember sharing that with this group. Thanks for the memories!