Traveling with insurance and my place in the universe

Started by Bumblebee, October 09, 2015, 09:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumblebee

I had a hard time trying to find a title that would summarize this post. It is about my latest self discoveries, good and bad.

I've always been the kind of person who believes that we live in a safe world, even before reading Seth. And I'd say that except for 2 very uncomfortable situations that turned out ok in the end, nothing bad ever happened to me. I normally never get any kind of insurance because I just don't think about it.

I am leaving for a month trip and my last week will be in Ethiopia hiking in the high lands. I am going alone with a local guide. It dawned on me that if something happens I will have to be evacuated by helicopter. It also dawned on me that my parents are already freaking out because I am going there. So I just took an insurance for medical emergencies. Now I feel ashamed and feel I am not living up to my beliefs. I took the insurance to reassure my family, yet if I am honest with myself,  it is also to reassure me. It is my first trip alone in Africa, and I've never been to Ethiopia. Every trip I made to that continent have always been full of revelations and uncovering old beliefs that I take for reality, therefore very emotionally charged. I feel confident and excited to go there alone this time, as I understand more and more each day that I am creating my reality, yet I am also scared shitless to do so. It seems I still have some understanding left to do. :)

Lately, NLP (neuro linguistic programming) has helped me realize that I am an essential part of this universe- that is a biggy for me! I've always thought that I was a mistake and therefore lived accordingly; I had to be pleasant in every way possible, not make any waves, as I was already very lucky that I was allowed to breath; I never reached for my ultimate goals as I didn't feel I deserved them. I was also afraid that my guilt of existence was essential for all my best qualities (patience, understanding of others, etc.), so I felt kind of stuck with it if I wanted to remain kind to others. Now, I am seeing life through different eyes. A world of new possibilities has opened, small things like saying no to my boss or going to Africa by myself, and bigger things, like creating those conferences on beliefs that I've been trying to do but always stalled as I thought I wasn't good enough to dispense them. :) I feel like a baby learning to walk, and I find this feeling exciting and fascinating. For the second time in my life (the first time being when I read NOPR), I feel like Neo who took that red pill in the Matrix, except I am quite pleased at what I am discovering. :)

silverflow

That is all so very wonderful Bumblebee!  May you have many many more adventures!

oh, and btw, it seems having that insurance is so very inconsequential....good to help parents feel better.  :)

Peace
Follow Your Bliss

Deb

Quote from: Bumblebee on October 09, 2015, 09:13:26 AMSo I just took an insurance for medical emergencies.

Bumblebee, I know what you mean. But some of us here (I'm one) are relatively new to Seth and we have to live on that border between what we've been living our whole lives and with what Seth says. And no matter how much sense he makes, there's still, at least for me, that niggling little doubt in the back of my mind. And it doesn't hurt to do something that make someone who loves you feel better. Sometimes I look at insurance as insurance that something won't happen. :)

And the Matrix, well that's still just about my favorite movie ever. I didn't understand some of the subtleties of the movie until I started reading the A-H and Seth stuff. At the end of the movie, when he finally "gets it" seemed so trite and silly the first time I saw the movie, but I understand better now. Maybe it's about time I watch it again...

You will have WONDERFUL travel experience, I can't wait to hear more about what you discover (in the world and about yourself) after this adventure!