Author Topic: Mary Dillman and the Seth Research Project  (Read 2907 times)

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
Mary Dillman has spent more than a decade researching the Jane Roberts document collection archived at Yale University. While continuing archival research, she is also now interviewing people who knew Jane and Rob, including former ESP class members. These interviews, as well as documents, photos and audio tapes, are forming an ancillary collection for eventual use by other researchers.

Mary's web site, Seth Research Project, has several PDFs of lists available for download, including:
a List the Seth Sessions; Index of Personal Sessions; Index of Early Sessions and an Indices of the Seth Books and Jane Roberts books.

An excerpt from her web site:
Quote from: ..Research
My name is Mary Dillman, and my desire is to see the ideas in the Seth material reflected in my world. My personal life goal is to understand and use the ideas to the best of my ability. In doing so I do not feel it necessary to denigrate the truth of others, or insist that my way is the only way. I am merely following my own inclinations and recognizing the authority of my own being. Living the ideas is my way of thanking Jane Roberts, Robert Butts and Seth for the magnificent body of work they produced.

I have been researching the Jane Roberts Papers archived at Yale University Library since 1998. This is an independent project and was started because of an immense desire to follow my dream. It seemed to be my “job” and I was led to it by following my impulses.

The following blog post is worth reading in its entirely—click on the title to visit the page. It tells what her mental process was while trying to decide how to follow her heart to pursue this project, how she had to diligently examined her own beliefs and how she utilized what she learned from the Seth materials to create the reality she is now living. This woman is a true inspiration!

October 25, 1995 was my first visit to the Sterling Memorial Library at Yale, home of the archived Seth material, to look at the Jane Roberts Papers. It was an incredible experience and from that moment I was hooked. I started spending vacation time in New Haven pouring over the material that I loved so much. In my first journal entry regarding the visit, I recorded that I had felt almost overwhelmed to be able to peruse the documents. What a joyous experience! It also seemed extremely important to me that all the Seth material be on computer, in chronological order and with the ability to be sorted by subject. After my first few visits I realized that some of the material I was reading had already been published. This led to further research between visits to Yale to identify which regular and which deleted sessions appeared in the books. It soon became evident to me that my time with the material and in Yale’s library was truly my value fulfillment, and I desired to do it full time.

Then the “but I can’t because” excuses started flowing. I didn’t know how I could leave my job and the security of my days without winning the lottery jackpot. My life was comfortable and I was able to travel to all the SethNets and spend vacations at Sterling Library. In addition to my fairly well-paying job, I always maintained a huge credit card debt. This was a way to keep myself in control and avoid anything totally spontaneous or outrageous. After years of reading the Seth material, was I still afraid of my spontaneity?

Thank you Mary for what you're doing! You realize, of course, you're the only person on the planet that's doing what you're doing...?

You act upon those that you know and those that you do not know in ways that no other individual can ever act.

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
I recently came across some old info on the papers stored at Yale. From an old Facebook post by Laurel, Rob's second wife:

February 8, 2007

Dear SethJaneRoberts Group,

I am posting some information today regarding the Yale University
Archives; some information for Researchers for your information.
This is not a complete listing of information, for that you may want
to visit Yale's web site at www.Yale.edu. Yale has a very large
archive.

Rob has sent many xerox copies of the Seth Sessions and of many of
the Journals of Jane Roberts, and the papers of Jane Roberts and
Robert Butts to Yale University already.

Robert Butts is the owner of his Seth Material, and owns the
copyrights of all of the papers, and of the Seth Material.
He retains ownership of the Seth Material, it is not owned by Yale
University, so questions that you have regarding publication, as
Yale is mentioning here, are something that Rob may answer for
himself.

Yale's wonderful archival work, and painstaking caretaking of the
collection of the copies has been so valuable to so many people
already, you may want to visit Yale at some time.

--Laurel

[Deb: information posted below the original post was just copied & pasted from the Yale Library website. You can see more information on the collection here: http://discover.odai.yale.edu/ydc/Record/3460556 ]

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):