Mary Ennis - Elias material?

Started by Douglas_E, December 02, 2015, 10:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Douglas_E

Mary Ennis claims to be channelling an entity known as 'Elias', who is 'carrying on and clarifying the Seth material'. 'Elias' seems to impart a huge amount of Seth information, that has been reworked through Elias's own interpretation.

What do people think of Mary Ennis/Elias's material? To her credit, many of the transcripts are available for free online.

I'm not sure. I'm still in two minds as to whether she is a conscious/unconscious fraud. Elias defenders say that Elias's information has been of massive value to them, and I don't dispute this, but if Mary Ennis is essentially a walking encyclopaedia of Seth data, then it's hardly surprising that much of the information will be of value?

The reason for my suspicions (apart from the $200 half hour telephone sessions), is the fact that I've come across example after example where Elias is happy to go into intimate detail about something which can never be verified, e.g. 'I can confirm you were a Mayan high priest in 1420AD', but if you ask Elias to verify what you do in your day job today, or other mundane detail, he can't tell you. In fact Mary/Elias's usual tactic is to throw the question back to the person who originally asked, 'and what is your impression?' being a common one. The questioner then furnishes Elias with the required information, which Elias then agrees with.

Similarly, Elias will never risk confirming something that might be verified in the near future, e.g. 'is there life on Mars'. Elias will respond and say that it's not for him to say and 'that is for us to find out'. However, he's happy to tell you about previous civilisations like Atlantis etc.. very strange.

Finally, he's had questioners asking him to read their minds, or perform some miracle for them. He responds by saying that he 'doesn't do parlour tricks'. However, this is contradicted by people who ask Elias to confirm that he interacted with them in some way in a past event. e.g. one lady said she had an experience where a butterfly magically appeared in an elevator she was in a few months earlier, and the lady called Elias to ask if that was Elias manifesting to her. Elias happily confirmed to her that this was indeed him.

Does this not sound a bit suspicious to anyone? If I try to raise these objections in an Elias forum, I tend to get shouted down or banned. All because I dare to question Mary Ennis?

At this stage, I'm thinking she is probably an unconscious fraud. She probably does believe she is channelling 'Elias', but in my opinion I think she is tapping into her own extensive knowledge of the Seth material. I agree that this knowledge is still of great value and I can see how someone might pay for her 'Sethian' advice, but I think that Mary is partially aware that there is an issue on some level, otherwise, why the deception?

Like Like x 2 View List

Deb

Hi Douglas, welcome!

I'd never heard of Mary Ennis before, just looked her up. To tell you the truth, I'm suspicious of anyone who presents themselves as a channeler these days. I think all of these new *channelers* charge a lot of money for readings, recordings, paraphernalia, which always turns me off considering how humble and free Jane and Rob were with the Seth information. I know everyone needs an income, but it seems like taking advantage of peoples' inability to sort out their own problems. Reminds me of gypsy fortune tellers.

You may enjoy this thread--the link will take you to the middle of the thread, but it's sort of about the same thing:

Quote from: SumariDeb on October 02, 2015, 07:57:46 AMRe: Seth and Abraham-Hicks

The following quote from Seth has been repeated many times on this forum.

Do not place the words of gurus, ministers, priests, scientists, psychologists, friends -- or my words -- higher than the feeling of your own being. You can learn much from others, but the deepest knowledge must come from within yourself.

It's from Session 677 in The Nature of Personal Reality. Funny, I just picked up the book to find the page, and it automatically opened to the right spot for me.  :)

my1eden

Elias had some cool stuff a few years ago perceived the "shift" but that has fallen by thr wayside in more recent sessions.

Deb

Some other talk here on the forum brought up the "shift." I need to look into what that is. I think even Wayne Dyer had a movie by that name. My first assumption is a shift in consciousness—for the better. But after recent incidents with mass killings in the US occurring in closer succession, it makes me wonder if we're backsliding as a consciousness.

I'll look into Elias again to see if I can find some information on the shift.

my1eden

The "shift" or paradigm change is the leading talk in the spiritual/scientific world. Bruce Lipton,Gregg Braden, Bashar,Elias  and tons of of others have continued dialog on the subject. I suggest you check out U-tube as well as the Shift foundation if you want extend your interest.

Monica

Quote from: Deb on December 05, 2015, 02:05:42 PMMy first assumption is a shift in consciousness—for the better. But after recent incidents with mass killings in the US occurring in closer succession, it makes me wonder if we're backsliding as a consciousness.

It seems to me like the space between mental state and material result has become compressed, almost to the point where it's undeniably obvious that there's an underlying connection between the two.

John Sorensen

Quote from: Deb on December 05, 2015, 02:05:42 PM
Some other talk here on the forum brought up the "shift." I need to look into what that is. I think even Wayne Dyer had a movie by that name. My first assumption is a shift in consciousness—for the better. But after recent incidents with mass killings in the US occurring in closer succession, it makes me wonder if we're backsliding as a consciousness.

I'll look into Elias again to see if I can find some information on the shift.

The other authors/speakers etc are often talking about a global shift, but Wayne Dyer's book/ movie (the book is better, you can read it in like 2 hours and get the message without the fluff and bad acting of the movie) is specifically about a "shift" in perception, or individual consciousness.

His "Shift" book is basically some distilled ideas from over 30 years or so of his audio lectures, books etc, so there is nothing explicitly new in the book, but it is in my opinion an excellent book, but to me his best book still is "The Power of Intention" which contains all of his core teachings and ideas.

POI is one of my all time favourite books along with the core 3 seth books.

my1eden

Yeah, I read it and it is a great book . If you haven't already read Bruce Lipton, I recommend his work he approaches from a scientific view. Gregg Braden is another favorite of mine although I like his verbal stuff more than the books. U-tube has his "Matrix" on the web. I read Seth Speaks back in the early seventies and he  has remained my primary source ever since.

LenKop

I've read some of the Elias stuff, and some of the Bashar stuff, and Hicks, and Kryon, etc. I always found they paled in comparison to the Seth material. Not that I dismissed them totally, I have a few Kryon books, and enjoyed the feeling I got when reading them. I liked the humour I found in Bashar. Dyer and Badden were enjoyable too., with a sincere gentleness.

I create my own reality, and time is simultaneous, so I write the books as I read them.  :) [size=78%] If I don't like what I'm writing, then I won't like what I'm reading. [/size] ;D  And if I don't like what I'm reading, then maybe I'm not a great writer.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

LK

my1eden

The spooks tell us to live in joy and if you enjoy writing just do it. My in house spook told me "Life is meant to be enjoyed. even if you are hit with a bus."  ;)

John Sorensen

Quote from: my1eden on December 05, 2015, 11:03:28 PM
Yeah, I read it and it is a great book . If you haven't already read Bruce Lipton, I recommend his work he approaches from a scientific view. Gregg Braden is another favorite of mine although I like his verbal stuff more than the books. U-tube has his "Matrix" on the web. I read Seth Speaks back in the early seventies and he  has remained my primary source ever since.

I enjoy most of those mumbo jumbo writers - Bruce Lipton, Sheldrake, Lipton, Braden etc.
Probably Braden is my favourite, particularly his longer audio talks (like a ten hour book) that covers all his usual topics but in one package. I listened to his audio book (long version) about the lost language of god or whatever it was called many times, over and over as there was so much to digest in it.
I've only dabbled in the Elias forum, and liked what I read.

I think at some point I've read the "the early stuff was good, but now they are a fraud!" comment about literally every channeler you have ever heard of.
The issues really is not about channeling at all, but to me about plagiarism if you are taking somebody else's I.P. and repackaging / marketing it as your own and then charging people for it.

There is no doubt that to me that that is an unethical practice.

Deb

Quote from: Monica on December 05, 2015, 08:22:52 PMIt seems to me like the space between mental state and material result has become compressed, almost to the point where it's undeniably obvious that there's an underlying connection between the two.

Good point, that makes sense. Things must be speeding up around the planet (or this dimension or plane, whatever it is).

Quote from: my1eden on December 05, 2015, 05:10:21 PMI suggest you check out U-tube as well as the Shift foundation if you want extend your interest.

Thanks, I'll do so! And BTW I love, love, love Bruce Lipton.

Quote from: John Sorensen on December 05, 2015, 09:14:04 PMPOI is one of my all time favourite books along with the core 3 seth books.

I've read a couple of Wayne's books, it felt to me like he was just rehashing what others have said, but he does did pull a lot of different resources together into one neat package. He was at the Denver "I Can Do It" conference last summer, seemed like a nice enough person, his heart was in the right place. He's affected a lot of lives, for the better. I'll check into the book on your recommendation, since you rate it up there with the Seth books. Maybe I can read it on the plane on my trip next weekend. I recently bought the Big TOE trilogy. I won't be taking that book with me, it won't fit in the backpack. :) Although I have been known to slice a book into sections. I'm rough on books.

Quote from: LenKop on December 06, 2015, 12:23:51 AMI create my own reality, and time is simultaneous, so I write the books as I read them.

You're funny! I've had the thought that Seth was constantly adding new materials to his books.

John Sorensen

Quote from: John Sorensen on December 05, 2015, 09:14:04 PMPOI is one of my all time favourite books along with the core 3 seth books.

[lost the quote thing and I'm too lazy to redo it:]
I've read a couple of Wayne's books, it felt to me like he was just rehashing what others have said, but he does did pull a lot of different resources together into one neat package. He was at the Denver "I Can Do It" conference last summer, seemed like a nice enough person, his heart was in the right place. He's affected a lot of lives, for the better. I'll check into the book on your recommendation, since you rate it up there with the Seth books. Maybe I can read it on the plane on my trip next weekend. I recently bought the Big TOE trilogy. I won't be taking that book with me, it won't fit in the backpack. :) Although I have been known to slice a book into sections. I'm rough on books.

-------

Yeah, a lot of his stuff is his commentaries / insights on various topics. Like for example talking about the Tao te Ching, Bhaghavad Gita etc.

And he moved from just the positive Psychology stuff (Maslow, Frankl and others) into more metaphysical topics similar to Seth, Braden etc as he went along. I like all of his works, but I've mostly enjoyed when he shifted away from just psychology to more talking about meditation and metaphysics, as many of my own experiences where similar to his, and I feel he is a kindred spirit.

Wayne also did some really good commentaries on the work of Neville Goddard, and since Wayne talked about him, I have picked up all of Neville's work, (along with James Allen) which is as fresh and approachable as anything by Seth, except that it appeared several decades before. Some people struggle with the language, but if you can read a Seth book, a Neville book by comparison is very easy to read, and a lot of fun, his writing style is beautiful. Neville is to me like a true Christian Mystic. Neville also gives some of the same exercises that Seth gives in his book, the wording is a little different, but the practice/experience is the same.

What I like about Dyer (other than his stories and sense of humour) is that he is someone who can take complex topics, and mumbo jumbo and make sense of it for the average joe like me, to find what is practical and useful in mystical stuff and apply it to daily living.
In that sense, I like him as much as Joe Dispenza, he also cuts through the ritual and dogma of mysticism and religious practice, to find the heart of particular practices and states of Being etc.

All of the books pictured I recommend for Seth readers, and they are available pretty cheap these days.
Of course Seth is more than enough to read. But I'm obsessive compulsive that way, I read pretty much everything (good) on the topics of metaphysics etc, most of which is not about pie in the sky idealism, but "biological facts" that Joseph Chilton Pearce talks about in his books. Learning how to use our bodies (including brain, heart and nervous system) as Nature intended, rather than living a life unconscious of our own natural abilities and heritage.

bookmark

hey guys, i just found this thread through a google search i was doing for some elias information. Hope you don't mind me stopping by to give my opinion.

As background, I'm a long-time seth reader (more than a decade) and the seth material has become something of a bedrock of my perception and how I view the world. Like many of you (I suspect), the seth material resonates with me in a deep and profound way and I return to it time and time again, always finding myself renewed and re-energized every time I dip into it.

I came across the elias material probably 5 years ago, give or take, and I have found it to be a fascinating and worthy extension of the seth material. The thought that Mary Ennis was subconsciously plagiarizing seth never seemed plausible to me, such is the depth and scope of the material - and I say that as something of a cynic and someone who, like Douglas_E, has scrutinised the material extensively.

Whereas the seth material is more accessible and relatable (partly due, I suspect, to Jane's natural skill as a writer) and radiates a deep truthfuness that one can feel coming off the page, the elias material is of a much more technical nature. It is actually constructed in quite a cold and clinical way, to communicate information with the least distortion possible - and explores areas that the seth material was actually quiet hazy on - or which jane and rob never had sufficient time to reach. Examples of this would be the mechanics of how exactly to acknowledge and accept belief systems in order to create our own choices / the movement of subjective and objective reality and how to reconcile the two / energy centres / precisely how we project and configure energy in accordance with our perception and perhaps most importantly, how to recognise and eliminate the element of duplicity. For me, this information has been invaluable. It was seth who let me remember/recognise the truth that we create our own reality - but it was the elias material that finally enabled me to reconcile this fact intellectually and modify my perception in a real nuts and bolts fashion. Seth provided the instinctive spark of recognition/emotional impetus and elias provided the blueprints (pun intended), so to speak.

Regarding Deb's remark that channelers charging for sessions reminds her of 'gypsy fortune tellers' taking advantage of people - I can understand that point of view but personally I disagree. Firstly, charging for one's time - particularly for an energetically draining service like channeling - is nothing to be questioned. The woman has to make a living. Jane and Rob didn't give their books away for free, either. These sessions have provided over 3000 transcripts of material, most of which are available gratis on the elias site - and many of the recent sessions are available as free audio downloads too. I have got so much out of these sessions and I have never paid a single penny for the privilege! In addition, I would say that the elias material is so intimidatingly precise and tends to use such an unusual, formal style of language, if mary ennis is trying to 'lure in punters' so to speak, she's doing a very poor job! If you book a session with elias, the chances are you're already intimately familiar with the material and know exactly what you're getting into. This isn't 'sexy' channeling, replete with tales of hybrid aliens and reassurances that everything you want is coming your way; this is clear, precise and rather dry detail on exactly how to accept your belief systems and become aware of your own perception.

As to Douglas_E's annoyance that elias doesn't know everyone's personal details - well, the impression I get from reading the sessions is that elias does seem to pick up on the personal circumstances of his interlocutors rather effectively and in the many hundreds of sessions i've read I don't recall anyone 'catching him out' or feeling like they're being duped. I've never read the session in which Douglas_E claims that elias can't 'verify what someone does in their job' but i'd be interested to read it if he can post a link.

Regarding Douglas_E 's mentioning that elias 'doesn't do parlour tricks', yet will manifest occasionally (usually as a blue flash/blue light or as a blue entity in dreams or meditations) to people who are involved in the material, I think we need to draw a distinction. Obviously he doesn't want to become a circus sideshow, but I think giving people some encouragement or playful recognition in their daily life is an entirely different thing. I will leave you with a personal anecdote: about ten years ago, sometime after I had my first contact with the seth material, I had the experience of seeing a whiteish blue glowing orb appear to me, hovering some six feet off the ground and swaying gently from side to side in a smooth, beautiful lilting motion. I was absolutely stunned but I think that experience encoraged me to investigate further the type of information that I saw in the seth material and acted as something of an affirmation that there is more to this reality than we understand. Now, was that elias, paying me a pre-emptive visit, many years before I would ever know of their existence? I don't know, but I can tell you that when I finally read about elias' cheeky habit of manifesting as a blue lightform, I had a big old smile on my face.

Damn, that ended up being a big reply!

John Sorensen

Hi Bookmark, thanks for your interesting post.

I've read a little Elias here and there and a friend of mine is made keen about it, they talk about it often, so I've heard more through that friend than I've read myself.

I never had any issues with any of the material myself.
It's like flavors of ice-cream. I don't have a favourite. I like them all.

bookmark

Hi John. Likewise, i read your posts with interest. Sounds like Neville Goddard is someone I need to check out - thanks for the tip!

Quote from: John Sorensen on March 18, 2016, 12:19:02 AM
It's like flavors of ice-cream. I don't have a favourite. I like them all.

As I read this, I had just sat down with a big bowl of ice cream. I wish I could say it was a mystical syncronicity - but I just really, really like ice cream ;-)

BethAnne

I first read Seth in the 70s and has been my foundation of understanding.  I will definitely check out Mary Ennis.

This is just my 2cents.  I feel that this sort of information is available to ALL.  Some people are just more talented in picking up the Vibe just as everyone can sing but some people are way better than most.  Having had unusual experiences myself it is consuming to sort it out and requires a lot of dedication to "master". 
I also feel that all this Vibe Information is filtered through the channeler so someone with a different mindset will pick up nuances that someone else might not.  I love Ester Hicks and have gotten much value from her information, while at the same time, knowing a bit about her history,  she stays in her comfort zone.  Which is OK.  Think of the massive amounts of information floating through the galaxy that is beyond the brain capacity of one person.

My formula for this stuff is that if it resonates and adds value to your life then whose business is it what you believe?  Same with politics.  I'm a very liberal person but also listen to the conservative view point to come to a workable middle ground.  It's not black/white.

As far as charging.  While I do Tarot readings I don't charge but will accept tips.  I've found that I am repaid by the Universe one way or the other anyway.  For me, this is not a money maker and I don't want that option attached to my sessions.  Nor do I want to be a generic "When will my husband arrive?" reader.  I see it as the "salt" in my spiritual quest and a form of spiritual tithing.

However, having paid almost $1,000  last year for various healings, what I got in return was priceless.  All of these healers where just recommended out of the blue and together they formed a "glove" of total care.  If I had the cash I would have paid ten times.

I have had encounters with gypsy fortune tellers...real and wanna be.  Even those situations were great lessons.  Nothing is wasted in the Universe.   :)

bookmark

Quote from: BethAnne on March 18, 2016, 09:57:50 AM
I also feel that all this Vibe Information is filtered through the channeler so someone with a different mindset will pick up nuances that someone else might not.  I love Ester Hicks and have gotten much value from her information, while at the same time, knowing a bit about her history,  she stays in her comfort zone.  Which is OK.  Think of the massive amounts of information floating through the galaxy that is beyond the brain capacity of one person.

My formula for this stuff is that if it resonates and adds value to your life then whose business is it what you believe?  Same with politics.  I'm a very liberal person but also listen to the conservative view point to come to a workable middle ground.  It's not black/white.

This is a great point and I agree completely. If an 'energy personality essence' (to quote Seth) is going to interact with a human personality, the human personality will always colour the information in certain ways - just as when a singer is singing, our perception of the voice will always be coloured by the acoustics of the space they are performing in.

I think this is partly why I am drawn to the seth material so much - because I identify strongly with Jane and Rob on a personal level too.

John Sorensen

Quote from: BethAnne on March 18, 2016, 09:57:50 AM

As far as charging.  While I do Tarot readings I don't charge but will accept tips.  I've found that I am repaid by the Universe one way or the other anyway.  For me, this is not a money maker and I don't want that option attached to my sessions.  Nor do I want to be a generic "When will my husband arrive?" reader.  I see it as the "salt" in my spiritual quest and a form of spiritual tithing.

However, having paid almost $1,000  last year for various healings, what I got in return was priceless.  All of these healers where just recommended out of the blue and together they formed a "glove" of total care.  If I had the cash I would have paid ten times.

I have had encounters with gypsy fortune tellers...real and wanna be.  Even those situations were great lessons.  Nothing is wasted in the Universe.   :)

What sort of healings / method did they use?

LenKop

I have to say, regarding charging a fee, BethAnne you should charge. As should anyone that is working.

Money is just another form of energy. We have decided to come into this world, and have agreed upon money as an interchangable medium for our goods and services. Why not charge?

Too many in the metaphysical society think that this info should be for free, and its some universal right...blah, blah. Grow up...is my message to them. If the prophet can't eat, then no one will benefit. If the info is wise and true, people will be happy to pay.

We pay the banks just to hold our money, so to pay someone for info that helps us, then every cent is worth it.

If there is a reader, teacher or mystic that is a charlatan, they will be exposed soon enough.

LK

Deb

Quote from: Deb on December 02, 2015, 05:34:17 PMI think all of these current day *channelers* charge a lot of money for readings, recordings, paraphernalia, which always turns me off considering how humble and free Jane and Rob were with the Seth information. I know everyone needs an income, but it seems like taking advantage of peoples' inability to sort out their own problems. Reminds me of gypsy fortune tellers.

Quote from: bookmark on March 17, 2016, 11:05:31 PMRegarding Deb's remark that channelers charging for sessions reminds her of 'gypsy fortune tellers' taking advantage of people - I can understand that point of view but personally I disagree. Firstly, charging for one's time - particularly for an energetically draining service like channeling - is nothing to be questioned. The woman has to make a living. Jane and Rob didn't give their books away for free, either.

Quote from: LenKop on March 18, 2016, 05:44:46 PMI have to say, regarding charging a fee, BethAnne you should charge. As should anyone that is working.
Money is just another form of energy. We have decided to come into this world, and have agreed upon money as an interchangable medium for our goods and services. Why not charge?

To clarify, I agree people should charge for their services, either through money or barter. I do both. There has to be fair exchange, everyone's time is of value. As a wise man once told me, "you're not just giving them some of your time, you're giving them a portion of your life." His definition of exchange: the flow of energy or consciousness given and received as energy, respect, value, appreciation and love. It can also refer to goods, services and money.

Jane and Rob sold their books, I'm glad to buy them. I've been to A&H workshops and bought their books. What I meant by my original remark was that I see a lot of gouging going on out there when it comes to spiritual things (religion not excluded), preying on wounded humans. Psychics charging $150 an hour for a reading, channelers charging $250+ an hour on Skype—that seems excessive to me and they're not always on the up-and-up. And then there's stuff like this:

Quote from: Toronto Sethian on March 24, 2015, 12:38:26 PMNow, you CAN with the Essassani Contact Crystal, available for
purchase EXCLUSIVELY at Daryl Anka's website. At only $177.80 US, this
is a STEAL -- what with Pleiades being 444 light years away, that is
less than one dollar per light year!!!! Imagine! But you don't have to
imagine. Get your alien contact crystal, today!

http://www.basharstore.com/products/essassani-contact-crystal-the.html

But then again, in a capitalistic society, if there weren't people willing to buy these things, they wouldn't exist. :) And a fair price is what the economy will support. Yet, don't get me started on my views of how sports figures and entertainers are excessively valued and financially rewarded as compared to teachers, healers of any type, people that risk their own lives protecting others (police, firemen, military)... yadda yadda.

Bottom line: @BethAnne I also feel you should be charging for your readings*.  :)  I charge for my services, unless it's an animal rescue or humanitarian organization, and then I volunteer my time and work. The reward is greater for me than donating monetarily, because I know the value is going where I intend it to go (another sore subject for me, mismanaged charities, deep pockets and donations not going to the cause, lol).

*When I make it down your way, I will pay you for a reading. With money, or exchange for my jewelry or these journals I've been known to make by hand (my own illustrations). Or whatever. Fair exchange.

BethAnne

exchange for my jewelry or these journals

I would like that very much.   :)
It's not so much I don't believe in charging, I just enjoy the spontaneous readings.  Someone asked a friend who is a pilot why he doesn't get a job with an airline and the answer was because he loved it too much to be work.
However, I am looking forward to putting this online gallery together.  I want to be paid for my art and jewelry.  I found out today the cash to make it happen is on it's way.
We have got to do a road trip to Santa Fe.  When I told Sandra/Bear about you being a Barrister she got the chills.  She is my "Chill-O-Meter" when I need to have something verified.  I have a feeling that the two of you need to meet.  Then we can have lunch at LaBoca where she makes pastries.   
http://www.labocasf.com/la-boca-~-santa-fe.html

I put the information about the Healings on the Medical thread.  If you can't find it I would be glad to share it again.  My eyes went from dark brown to green.  I feel like an authentic person for the first time in my life.
;)
I just added the Healing information on the Food and Body thread.

John Sorensen

Quote from: Deb on March 18, 2016, 06:51:16 PM

Quote from: Toronto Sethian on March 24, 2015, 12:38:26 PMNow, you CAN with the Essassani Contact Crystal, available for
purchase EXCLUSIVELY at Daryl Anka's website. At only $177.80 US, this
is a STEAL -- what with Pleiades being 444 light years away, that is
less than one dollar per light year!!!! Imagine! But you don't have to
imagine. Get your alien contact crystal, today!

http://www.basharstore.com/products/essassani-contact-crystal-the.html

I've looked at some stuff ages ago on the Bashar websites and thought whoa, yeah, expensive.

But then who are his clients? Hollywood types with fat wallets. He'd be silly not to charge high prices. He could probably charge more and people would be happy to pay for it.

Personally I would not.

But it's really no different than say a personal trainer who trains say Matt Damon for a movie getting paid at least 10 or 20 times more than the personal trainer at your local gym. People tend to charge what they feel their services are worth.

I'm not here to "defend" Bashar or anything like. I don't give a shit one way or another. But I did think about his prices quit a bit when I watching some videos a couple years back. And I was also studying marketing as a hobby, and I just asked myself who his customers were, and then it made sense.

There does seem to be a thing, almost an entitlement mentality than when it comes to things like meditation or yoga or readings, channeling etc, that it should be "free". I've never understood this mentality. We pay for pretty much everything in our society in one way or another, even so called "free" or very cheap things are being subsidized by somebodies money.

Deb

Quote from: BethAnne on March 18, 2016, 08:44:26 PMWe have got to do a road trip to Santa Fe.  When I told Sandra/Bear about you being a Barrister she got the chills.  She is my "Chill-O-Meter" when I need to have something verified.  I have a feeling that the two of you need to meet.  Then we can have lunch at LaBoca where she makes pastries.   

That's a great idea! I've driven down a few times, it's about 5-6 hours from here, not bad at all. La Boca looks great too. It may not be until late summer or early fall, I need to stay put until after my June trip. Gotta get my butt hardened for spending 5-6 hours in a saddle, not to mention working on my "form." I must fit in with all those other more experienced riders!

Quote from: BethAnne on March 18, 2016, 08:44:26 PMMy eyes went from dark brown to green.

I find that fascinating. I used to have light blue eyes, they went to green when I was maybe 12. I have no idea why. We'll have to compare eye colors and stories when we get together. :)

BethAnne

Deb

Quote from: BethAnne on March 22, 2016, 12:03:11 PMGreen Eyes are Mysterious and Sexy!

Awesome, I'll take it! :)
I actually had an optometrist one time tell me my eyes are not green, they are blue and yellow mixed together. Duh.

John Sorensen

Perhaps he was an artist referring to his color wheel?
"Just relax, I'm going to paint your portrait now"  ;D

Deb

Quote from: John Sorensen on March 22, 2016, 05:57:47 PMPerhaps he was an artist referring to his color wheel?

Ha ha, yes, maybe that's where he was going with that.  ;D

Deb

BethAnne

Fabulous cat!  Wonder what is going on with his soul!?
My sister has a brown and a blue eye.  She DOES go in two directions!

Sena

Quote from: bookmark
I came across the elias material probably 5 years ago, give or take, and I have found it to be a fascinating and worthy extension of the seth material. The thought that Mary Ennis was subconsciously plagiarizing seth never seemed plausible to me, such is the depth and scope of the material - and I say that as something of a cynic and someone who, like Douglas_E, has scrutinised the material extensively.

Whereas the seth material is more accessible and relatable (partly due, I suspect, to Jane's natural skill as a writer) and radiates a deep truthfuness that one can feel coming off the page, the elias material is of a much more technical nature. It is actually constructed in quite a cold and clinical way, to communicate information with the least distortion possible - and explores areas that the seth material was actually quiet hazy on - or which jane and rob never had sufficient time to reach. Examples of this would be the mechanics of how exactly to acknowledge and accept belief systems in order to create our own choices / the movement of subjective and objective reality and how to reconcile the two / energy centres / precisely how we project and configure energy in accordance with our perception and perhaps most importantly, how to recognise and eliminate the element of duplicity. For me, this information has been invaluable. It was seth who let me remember/recognise the truth that we create our own reality - but it was the elias material that finally enabled me to reconcile this fact intellectually and modify my perception in a real nuts and bolts fashion. Seth provided the instinctive spark of recognition/emotional impetus and elias provided the blueprints (pun intended), so to speak.

Regarding Deb's remark that channelers charging for sessions reminds her of 'gypsy fortune tellers' taking advantage of people - I can understand that point of view but personally I disagree. Firstly, charging for one's time - particularly for an energetically draining service like channeling - is nothing to be questioned. The woman has to make a living.
bookmark (if you are still around), thanks for your interesting comments on the Elias material.
Like Like x 1 View List