ee cummings ghost by Jane Roberts

Started by JimK, October 09, 2015, 02:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimK

The poem I'm thinking of is from the front matter of The God of Jane. It's called "ee cummings' ghost." I really like that one!!

The basic problem I've got is whether to type it directly into a post or to scan the page in the book and add the file as an attachment. And would you think posting it in the Inspiration section here on SOS would be the best place?

I guess I just don't know enough about how to do this the best way. lol 

And finally I'm wondering...would doing that be a copyright violation?

Thanks

JimK

Ha, I think I got it. Looks like the scanned pages work out best...for this anyway. Looks like click on the image to make it readable. That's my shot at it anyway.

Monica

That is a wonderful poem! Thank you so much for sharing it. I shall have to look at getting copies of Jane's own stories and poetry. She really was so talented in her own right.

JimK

I really like Jane's books. I wouldn''t hesitate to recommend all of them. In a way it's like hearing from the other side of a partnership, but different from the norm. I also thought her book of poetry, If We Live Again, was really powerful, too. What a psychic explorer she was. Amazing!!!  My impressions, anyway.

Hey, thanks for throwing me that life-saver, Monica!  :) :)

Deb

Hi guys, I'm currently out of town for an extended weekend, get back Monday night and see I'll have quite a bit of catching up to do!

I think as far as posting poems or other writing, maybe copy and paste into a post would be great. That way people don't have to open an extra file to read it, the search engines can find it (they only see text, not images) and it keeps file sizes down.

I'll get back to things in a couple of days, just didn't want you all to think I'd disappeared... :)

Deb

Quote from: JimK on October 09, 2015, 02:40:01 PMThe basic problem I've got is whether to type it directly into a post or to scan the page in the book and add the file as an attachment. And would you think posting it in the Inspiration section here on SOS would be the best place?

I guess I just don't know enough about how to do this the best way. lol 

And finally I'm wondering...would doing that be a copyright violation?

Jim, I think the poem would be great in the inspiration section as well, or I can just move this topic over there for you if you'd like. Just let me know. I enjoyed the poem! Although most of my life I've not appreciated poetry (spent too much time in high school in forced digestion of T.S. Eliot), I do like Jane's a lot and have actually come to appreciate poetry in general. I've always loved music, and songs are poetry sung, right? Well, unless it's rap.  :o

I don't think you have to worry too much about copyright issues as long as credit is given.

JimK

Hey, Deb, welcome back & hope you enjoyed the break.

Yes, please do move it to the inspiration section and thanks for offering. I know what you mean about poetry. School didn't even start to me getting interested in reading it. But In the last 10-15 years I've found that there is "some" that does speak to me. Examples: a friend since the Vietnam War that I never knew was interested in poetry sent me a book of his before he passed onward - beautiful & straightforward; and then there's Jane Roberts & I like most of hers for the same reasons and more (reasons that is).

Thanks, Deb!!!