Meditation

Started by Deb, December 28, 2015, 11:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

"You will not find yourself by running from teacher to teacher, from book to book.

You will not meet yourself through following any particular specialized method of meditation.

Only by looking quietly within the self that you know can your own reality be experienced, with those connections that exist between the present or immediate self and the inner identity that is multidimensional.

There must be a willingness, an acquiescence, a desire.

If you do not take the time to examine your own subjective states, then you cannot complain if so many answers seem to elude you. You cannot throw the burden of proof upon another, or expect a man or teacher to prove to you the validity of your own existence. Such a procedure is bound to lead you into one subjective trap after another."     Seth Speaks Ses. 591

- - - - -

Does anyone have a favorite method for connecting with the inner self? Psy time? Meditation?

Sena

It seems to me that the exercises recommended by Seth are different to other varieties of meditation such as Zen meditation (Zazen) or Vipassana meditation (focusing on one's breathing). Mindfulness, however, bears similarity to the Seth exercises:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness
There is a good summary of the Seth exercises here:
http://enlightenmentmadesimple.com/who-or-what-is-seth/
QuoteFeeling Tones
Seth/Roberts describes "feeling tones" or inner tones as sensations or vibrations unique to each person. An exercise is given to get in touch with this tone or energy and become aware of it as a portion of individual essence and experience its power, strength and durability. This exercise is the first given in the book.
Close your eyes, try to sense the deep feeling tone or tones. Do not worry how they should feel, simply tell oneself they exist, then let yourself experience.
If you are used to terms like meditation try to forget the term or its implications for this procedure.
No time limit. It is recommended to take a couple minutes to sense this feeling whenever nervous or upset in order to feel centered and secure. After doing this exercise several times feel these deep rhythms go out from you in all directions, as indeed they do.

Deb

Thanks Sena, I'll take a look at the links. Great to know there's a summary of the exercises, that's very helpful. If anyone is interested, the exercises themselves can also be downloaded here (there are probably a couple of other links around here somewhere).

Quote from: Deb on February 21, 2015, 07:26:53 PMBelow is a link to a PDF, file size 586 KB, 123 pages in length.
It's from Lynda's site, http://sethnet.org/directory/seth-based-articles/a-compilation-of-120-seth-given-exercises.html

Or my Dropbox

Sena

Deb, thanks for that pdf. It seems to me that the difference between Seth's teaching and the various religions is that the religions promise a "final state", whether that state be eternal bliss in heaven or "enlightenment". Seth is telling us how to understand human life better, how to lead a happier and more fulfilling life, and how to spread this happiness to those around us.

Deb

Quote from: senafernando on April 29, 2016, 09:39:27 AMSeth is telling us how to understand human life better, how to lead a happier and more fulfilling life, and how to spread this happiness to those around us.

You're welcome.
I guess that makes perfect sense since Seth does say our power is in the present (total logic), and so there's no better time or place to put all of that to good use: make the best of it and improve not only the quality of our own existence but also all that we are connected with––which turns out to be everyone, everything and all that is. Win/win/win.