Interpreting one’s own dreams

Started by Sena, January 16, 2016, 03:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

For a long time now I have been trying to recall and understand my dreams, but reading the Seth books has given me fresh insights. Any time I wake up in the night, I try to recall my dream. Last night it seemed to me that I was with a "criminal" and I was trying to help him in some way. I am pretty sure that I didn't help him commit any crimes; I was trying to help him sort out his life. When I woke up I had difficulty understanding this dream. Was I the criminal? I have done a few things in my life I now regret, but it was not pleasant thinking that I might be the criminal in my dream.

I am currently reading 3 of the Seth books. This morning I picked up "Seth Speaks (A Seth Book): The Eternal Validity of the Soul" on my Kindle, resuming where I had left off yesterday. This is what I read:
https://books.google.lk/books?id=nJ3gbUruWE4C&pg=PT175&lpg=PT175&dq=seth+jane+roberts+honorary+guard&source=bl&ots=tCu3vHgWB1&sig=RmhYsD7ot4hAfVNtzTAcCLsmuL0&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=seth%20jane%20roberts%20honorary%20guard&f=false

"If you firmly believe that your consciousness is a product of your physical body, then you may attempt to cling to it.

There is an order of personalities, an honorary guard, so to speak, who are ever ready to lend assistance and aid, however.

Now this honorary guard is made up of people in your terms both living and dead. Those who are living in your system of reality perform these activities in an "out of body" experience while the physical body sleeps. They are familiar with the projection of consciousness, with the sensations involved, and they help orient those who will not be returning to the physical body.

These people are particularly helpful because they are still involved with physical reality, and have a more immediate understanding of the feelings and emotions involved at your end. Such persons may or may not have a memory of their nightly activities. Experiences with projection of consciousness and knowledge of the mobility of consciousness, are therefore very helpful as preparations for death. You can experience the after death environment beforehand, so to speak, and learn the conditions that will be encountered.
This is not, incidentally, necessarily any kind of somber endeavor, nor are the after death environments somber at all. To the contrary, they are generally far more intense and joyful than the reality you now know."

I now wonder whether, perhaps (a big perhaps), I might have been trying to help someone in my dream who has already passed on into a non-physical reality? (The bold type is my own emphasis).

John Sorensen

Trust your feelings.
We often doubt our dream experiences.
If something feels real and true to you, then most likely it is.
The literal events of dreams make no kind of logical sense, but the feelings and emotions we experience in dream states are the same when we wake up. There is no translation needed.

Wren

I'd like to share part of a dream I had last night: I had a new (younger) boyfriend, who was attractive, well-educated and intelligent. In the dream we hung around together, him being attentive and giving me hugs (a little too squeezed at times! Ooof  ;D ) and towards the end of the dream he pulled out a "kit" made of red cloth, with a book inside, and it was about a 'Unified Theory of Everything'. I thought to myself that I must find out more about this, I don't want to feel I know less than my bf.

Anyway, when I woke up I did a quick internet search. Now, I struggled with physics at school, being more of a humanities student, but I do know that scientists have tried to find such a complete theory and I used to know someone who had a copy of 'My Big ToE' (by Thomas Campbell) and was very taken with it. Maybe my Inner Self is directing me to look more into this - since I felt I knew less than my 'boyfriend'.

Sena

Wren,
Thanks for sharing your dream with us. I have heard of Thomas Campbell's books, but I haven't read them. The Seth books do in fact present a "unified theory of everything", although I admit that reading the books is sometimes hard work. It seems to me that you have to wade through a lot of less meaningful material to get at what is really meaningful. I am currently reading "The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events: A Seth Book".

I had taken a "break" of several weeks from reading the Seth books. Yesterday I was feeling a bit low due to financial and personal difficulties. I had an interesting dream early this morning. I was in a house we lived in a few years ago. I was actually in the back garden, and I think the back garden represents the unconscious. A strange man approached me. I was scared of this man and woke up.

Later in the morning I had an "impulse" to read a Seth book, and I started reading the above book. I found that one of the themes of this book is "trusting your impulses"!

Later I thought that perhaps the man who came into the garden might actually have been Seth.

John Sorensen

I had a dream this morning the cat had fallen down some kind of well thing and could not get out.
I was most relieved when I woke up to see that he was fine of course. There are no wells / hole or anything around this area like that. But the dream was quite distressing.

Sena

Seth's views on the interpretation of dreams are quite different to those of Freud, which have in any case been discredited in many quarters. Seth takes into account the past and future lives of an individual, as will be evident from the following extract:

"There is a floating quality about one portion of the memory.....This happens more often than is recognized, because usually you simply discount the feeling of strangeness, and drop the part of the memory that does not fit. Such instances involve definite bleed-throughs, however. By being alert and catching such feelings, you can learn to use the floating part of the otherwise-recognizable memory as a focus. Through association that focus can then trigger further past or future recall. Clues also appear in the dreaming state, with greater frequency, because then you are already accustomed to that kind of floating sensation in which events can seem to happen in their own relatively independent context.........Dreams in which past and present are both involved are an example; also dreams in which the future and the past merge, and dreams in which time seems to be a changing ingredient." (The bold type is my emphasis)

This is an extract from "The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events (A Seth Book)":
https://books.google.lk/books?id=e_I1GV-rY1gC&pg=PT91&lpg=PT91&dq=seth+jane+roberts+through+association+that+focus&source=bl&ots=zlm3wXt7q3&sig=M8_xqKGrWBBTvbPdrRP3UMN9dYs&hl=en&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=seth%20jane%20roberts%20through%20association%20that%20focus&f=false

Wren

Quote from: senafernando on February 25, 2016, 10:26:03 PMThe Seth books do in fact present a "unified theory of everything", although I admit that reading the books is sometimes hard work. It seems to me that you have to wade through a lot of less meaningful material to get at what is really meaningful. I am currently reading "The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events: A Seth Book".

Yes, Seth is presenting a 'unified theory of theory of everything'. I wonder if he makes any reference to this?

I also started re-reading Mass Events! ;D This part about communication between the inner and outer egos struck me:

'There must be a psychological chamber between these two portions of the self, however - these seemingly undifferentiated areas, in which back-and-forth translations can occur. Dream periods provide that service, of course, so that in dreams the two egos can meet and merge to some extent, comparing notes like strangers who perhaps meet on a train at night, and are amazed to discover, after some conversation, that they are indeed close relatives, each embarked upon the same journey though seemingly they travelled alone.'

The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events, 1995, p.104

BethAnne

Quote from: Wren on February 27, 2016, 03:29:20 PMI also started re-reading Mass Events!

At this time I think there are a lot of Mass Event dreams because there is so much to sort out. 
Sometimes I think people live "simple lives" because there is so much stuff going on in our dreams.

BethAnne

I don't know if this would go here but it is a Grand Experiment in Mass Events!

The behavior of our network of random sources is correlated with interconnected human consciousness on a global scale             Coherent consciousness creates order in the world       
Subtle interactions link us with each other and the Earth

When human consciousness becomes coherent, the behavior of random systems may change. Random number generators (RNGs) based on quantum tunneling produce completely unpredictable sequences of zeroes and ones. But when a great event synchronizes the feelings of millions of people, our network of RNGs becomes subtly structured. We calculate one in a trillion odds that the effect is due to chance. The evidence suggests an emerging noosphere or the unifying field of consciousness described by sages in all cultures.

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

BethAnne

Quote from: John Sorensen on January 16, 2016, 07:47:08 PMWe often doubt our dream experiences.

I think what you watch or read right before you go to sleep has a lot to do with what you dream.
I've noticed that since I've Detoxed from Mainstream Media my dreams are a lot "cleaner".  While I live a very quiet life most of my dreams are about working with groups of people on projects.  Often I'm exhausted when I wake up.

John Sorensen

Quote from: BethAnne on February 27, 2016, 09:26:08 PM
Quote from: John Sorensen on January 16, 2016, 07:47:08 PMWe often doubt our dream experiences.

I think what you watch or read right before you go to sleep has a lot to do with what you dream.
I've noticed that since I've Detoxed from Mainstream Media my dreams are a lot "cleaner".  While I live a very quiet life most of my dreams are about working with groups of people on projects.  Often I'm exhausted when I wake up.

It can, but having a clear focused intention, like a 1 minute meditation before you go to sleep is far more powerful than all the media networks in the world combined.

That is, choosing your focus before you fall asleep.

Sena

Quote from: John Sorensen on February 28, 2016, 04:25:59 AM
Quote from: BethAnne on February 27, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

It can, but having a clear focused intention, like a 1 minute meditation before you go to sleep is far more powerful than all the media networks in the world combined.

That is, choosing your focus before you fall asleep.
I find that reciting a mantra (mentally, not aloud) on going to bed is useful. There are of course many mantras, some of them "esoteric". The one I currently use is "Supersoul now". Supersoul is a term I picked up from Ian Lawton's book. I think it is more-or-less synonymous with Higher Self.

BethAnne

I totally agree with you guys.  My sleeping ritual is to sit across from my Guide and we have a chat about what's going on.  Then I often have intense healing dreams where things are worked on.
My young neighbor, however, plays Zombie video games before bed and wonders why he has so many nightmares.

John Sorensen

Quote from: BethAnne on February 28, 2016, 08:39:00 AM
I totally agree with you guys.  My sleeping ritual is to sit across from my Guide and we have a chat about what's going on.  Then I often have intense healing dreams where things are worked on.
My young neighbor, however, plays Zombie video games before bed and wonders why he has so many nightmares.

As a horror fan , I too have often watched horror movies late at night, played horror themed video games, before sleeping - but without any nightmares, as the movies /games for me are just pure joy. They are like Willy Wonka or the best Disney movies, full of incredible visionary worlds and unlimited imagination.

Sena

I had an unusual dream last night. It was in a sanatorium for people suffering from tuberculosis. The odd thing was that it was about the younger male patients having sexual relationships with the older female patients. They felt that it was their last chance to experience the joys of love. (There were no anti-TB drugs before 1950).

In my present life, I volunteered to work in a TB hospital soon after I qualified as a doctor. In the meantime I had fallen in love with my present wife, who was then a nurse nearly 8 years older than me. Once we got married she would have had to transfer to the TB hospital so that  we could be together. I decided that I didn't want her to take the risk of catching the disease. So I got myself transferred to the city where she was working.

I suspect that in a previous life I may have been in a sanatorium and died of TB as a young man.

Seth on dreams (NOPR, p.193):
"In any case, interpretation involves but one part of the task as you try to consciously assess a dream's meaning. The real work of the dream is done during the event itself, on deep psychic and biological levels.....The dream's happening affects your entire physical condition, and so has this constant therapeutic effect.....It is one of the most efficient natural therapies, and the inner framework in which much of your physical body building actually takes place."

A dream involving a disease is interesting because of the "therapeutic effect" of a dream mentioned by Seth. To my knowledge, this is unique in esoteric or New Age literature. The TB bacterium is unusual because it is not lethal in itself. It is the reaction of the patient that determines the lethality or otherwise.

BethAnne

I suspect that in a previous life I may have been in a sanatorium and died of TB as a young man.

I suspect we do sort of "rotate" around issues by reincarnating in positions that gives us different angles.  Do you think your wife was your nurse then?  :)

All the past lives I've been picking up seem to have a theme with the same cluster of people.  I think this time around I'm going to Jump Ship.
;D

it is not lethal in itself. It is the reaction of the patient that determines the lethality or otherwise.
Now that is interesting.  As a doctor do you consider your patience Mental Health as you are treating their illness?  Have you ever read anything about the Navajo Sand Paintings?  Pretty similar to Tibet. 
Are you a Western style Doctor?

Sena

Hi Bethanne. I strongly feel that my wife must have been there with me in that life, but whether she was a nurse I do not know.
I qualified and worked as a Western style doctor, but I am now retired and not practicing. With my beliefs now tending towards those suggested by Seth, I am not sure whether I would be able to practice, as most patients expect to be given medication.

Deb

Quote from: senafernando on April 22, 2016, 11:33:54 AMI suspect that in a previous life I may have been in a sanatorium and died of TB as a young man.

This was very interesting for me because I've been a paranormal investigator in my past, spent quite a bit of time investigating a TB hospital in Louisville, Kentucky (Waverly Hills Sanatorium) and so have researched and learned a bit about TB, the sincere but barbaric treatments at the time, the eventual understanding of it's nature. Colorado, because of it's arid climate, became a destination for TB sufferers and there are quite a few places that were impromptu TB sanatoriums. I've had some interesting experiences at them, especially Waverly Hills. Your story evoked a lot of impressions I've had at Waverly Hills, many of which I've gleamed from a documentary (with loads of poetic license taken) from the Booth Brothers, Spooked, The Ghosts of Waverly Hills Sanatorium. But my experiences there were real and personal.

And your suspicions feel right to me.

BethAnne

Deb, I was thinking of you when I saw this video.  Aside from the "preaching" what do you think about the noise?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcg5Pd2Zs2U

Deb

Quote from: BethAnneDeb, I was thinking of you when I saw this video.  Aside from the "preaching" what do you think about the noise?

Thanks Beth for bringing this to my attention and drawing me in. I've been so swamped with work and other things I've not had the time I want to spend on the forum lately.

Well, being the evp lover that I am, and having listened to hour after hour after hour of recordings, it's definitely interesting. I'm not sure why the claim of it being the most authentic evp. Evps are classified, type A being clearly a voice saying something you can understand, B is recognized as a voice but the words aren't clear... and so on. But I've never heard one called authentic before. I'd love to get my hands on the original recording of this. It sounds to me like someone shouting/screaming, male, or even a call of the wild like an animal vocalizing. I've heard foxes screaming and it's enough to stop a heart. It bothers me that the audio was enhanced and filtered—that right there causes problems. Tampering or at the very least, distortion.

Inter-dimensional conduit? Dante's Hell? Wow, lots of speculation there. The power of JC... sorry, it's just too much for me. I met a lot of different people when I was doing the paranormal investigation stuff and you wouldn't believe what some would say to make it all seem so dangerous, sensational. Some people would go to extremes trying to prove that the most mundane and explainable things are paranormal, demons, satan... I don't understand the mentality. To the point of refusing to even consider reason (such as my experience at the Birdcage in Tucson). They're cutting the foot to fit the shoe.

Quote from: Wren"If you believe in demons you will meet them - in this life as enemies, and in other realms of consciousness as devils or 'evil spirits'."

Session 677

I don't believe in demons, Satan, etc. I do believe in energy, residual energy and beliefs. I can even accept thought forms and thought projections like Seth talked about. There are even theories in paranormal investigation (and the best investigators, in my mind, are those that are impartial and skeptical) that things like cold spots, manifestations or whatever are caused by the observer. I suppose that could go for evps as well. If I can get my hands on some of my old evps (they're on yourlisten.com but they won't let me access them, they keep putting up advertising that won't go away unless I upgrade to a paid account), I'll share them. I mostly put up Class A ones—no point in putting up something no one can understand. :)

BethAnne

They're cutting the foot to fit the shoe. 
What a great saying!  I totally get what you mean and I try to use that as a baseline with odd experiences.  The Truth is more important than the sensationalism.   ;D
I don't believe in a Satan either.  Fundamentalism trying to simplify the Polarity of the Universe with fear.  Now thought forms.  I'm sure people's fears have created quite the quilt of negativity around the planet, blanketing us with anxiety.

John Sorensen

Evil gets a bad rap. Are their evil people or people who do really demented and sick things? Sure, but I'd say they were evil actions rather than evil people. No baby is born a serial killer any more than they are born a hamster.
It's funny how demons and such get labeled evil. Seems like species-ism to me. I love on shows like buffy the vampire slayer how demons are not evil by nature, but have free choice like other sentient beings.
I love the art of Dante's inferno which to me is quite beautiful even while depicting hellish states.
Mankind's stories, archetypes etc are qualities of the psyche and depict symbolically the states and stages of human growth. They are meant to help people by giving them a framework to work with, fear mongering of all types including twisting the meaning of often beautiful and scary stories to control people is gross misunderstanding of the purpose of the universe and conscious self aware existence. It's an activity that is doomed to fail over and over again as any personality will take measures to reorient itself towards growth and away from fear in this life or another.

The idea that evil is a magical force that makes people do things to me is silly and childish, and you tend to find that attitude from people unwilling or unable to own their actions and face their own fears which are often projected outward and externalised in the form of an enemy, demon, Devil etc.

"Face everything, deny Nothing" is an expression I am fond of. It means to own everything you do and. It means not making shitty convenient excuses or blame others for who you are or how you are.

"You get what you focus upon"

BethAnne

The idea that evil is a magical force that makes people do things to me is silly and childish
You'll have to check my blog on the "Witchcraft" on the Navajo Rez.  Went to Crow Canyon with a group this week and it inspired me to check into Native beliefs which led to JC Johnson's videos.  Living so close I've heard these stories for years and it seems to be a large part of the culture....tho not in ever life. 
http://bethnm.blogspot.com

BethAnne

Sena,  sorry for the thread drift.  I'm horrible about that!  ;D
But what I've been wanting to ask you, Do you feel that dreams have helped you as a doctor or dealing with the body?  I've read that in many ancient/primitive cultures dreams were extremely important and often were consulted and discussed as a group first thing in the morning so the Tribe would have guidance.  Did you ever get into your patients dreams to get an idea about their health?  Do you feel that your dreams give you guidance on world events?  Do you feel that your understanding of Seth has changed your dreams?
I do a herbal detox every so often and usually have odd dreams.  I didn't realize at first what was going on until one of the dreams was about being the Queen of Hearts.  Her throne in the dreams was made out of a classic car convertible.  ???   The dreams were giving me symbolic feedback on all my organs.

BethAnne

These are some of the petroglyphs from Crow Canyon.  Do you get a sense that they are like dream images?  I was getting nauseous when I got within 5 feet.  When I put my hand on the circle I felt pulled into some sort of vortex.  Does investigating your dreams help you to see the "dream symbols" in your waking life?

Sena

BethAnne, thanks for asking those questions.
QuoteDo you feel that your understanding of Seth has changed your dreams?
Yes. One thing I like about Seth's teaching is that he says dreams can have a beneficial effect even if one does not remember them. Obviously, it is better if one can recall the dream. The gnostic group I attended a few years ago was very dismissive of dreams. They said that only conscious astral projection could give useful information, and I was not able to do that. Since I started reading the Seth books I have had strong hints about two previous existences.
QuoteDo you feel that your dreams give you guidance on world events?
No
QuoteDid you ever get into your patients dreams to get an idea about their health?
When I practiced as a doctor I was mainly following the Freudian model, and that did not give useful results. I think one of Seth's achievements is that he has over-turned the Freudian model. The Freudian model supposes that there are rather nasty things in the unconscious. My interpretation of Seth is that the unconscious is the source of life and energy. I don't think even Jung went that far.

John Sorensen

I get the most delightfully mad dreams when I eat poor quality pizza late at night. No idea why. What sort of dreams? Like Terry Gilliam lunacy is the best description I can think of.

That comment @senafernando  - about being dismissive of dreams was rather small minded of them!
What next, will they be dismissive of an arm or leg perhaps?

I don't understand how some belief systems will deny or avoid any natural human ability, or even vilify it.

BethAnne

I get the most delightfully mad dreams when I eat poor quality pizza late at night.
;D

Sena

The most bizarre dream I had was after eating some rabbit imported from China. I dreamt I was involved in building the Great Wall. At that time I was not thinking in terms of a previous existence.
John, re. you query about Jung on dreams. I have not studied Jung very deeply, but I think his most interesting idea was about the collective unconscious. This could be regarded as somewhat akin to Seth's ideas, but Jung goes on to talk about "archetypes". When I was attending the Gnostic group, I had a very vivid dream in which I saw three of the four animals of the Christian gospels - Winged Man, Winged Lion, Winged Ox, Eagle
  Winged Ox (excluding the Winged Man). These I imagine are examples of archetypes.

BethAnne

I'm fascinated by the archetypes of the Collective Unconscious and Jung.  The same symbols are on the World Tarot Card.
'
In the centre of the World is a dancing figure, rejoicing in the completion of the journey and celebrating not only this completion but also the new beginnings it promises. The dancer has one leg crossed over the other, just like the Hanged man. She is, in a sense, his opposite (i.e. the Hanged Man upright). As the Hanged Man looks infinitely inward, the dancer in the World card looks infinitely outward. In each of her hands she holds a wand or baton, representative of evolution and balance. She is surrounded by a thick, green wreath, symbolic of success, victory, achievement and accomplishment, and tied with the red ribbons of eternity. The red ribbons form the infinity symbol, representing the infinite rewards of positive effort in improving both ourselves and those around us. Within the laurel wreath are stars of light indicating attainment of enlightenment or cosmic consciousness. The figures in each of the four corners of the World card are the same figures that appear on the Wheel of Fortune. Interestingly, the World card is very much associated with the Wheel of Fortune, reflecting the cyclical progression of time and the human experience. The four figures (a lion, bull, cherub and eagle) represent the four fixed signs of the zodiac – Leo, Taurus, Aquarius and Scorpio. These are symbolic of the four elements, four suits of the Tarot, four compass points, four seasons, and the four corners of the universe. And all are within the dancer's sight and power. The planetary ruler is Saturn, the symbol of time.
http://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-card-meanings/major-arcana/world/

Wren

Quote from: senafernando
The most bizarre dream I had was after eating some rabbit imported from China. I dreamt I was involved in building the Great Wall. At that time I was not thinking in terms of a previous existence.

This is fascinating. Could you expand on this? How was the wall being built?   

Sena

Quote from: WrenThis is fascinating. Could you expand on this? How was the wall being built?   
Sorry, I don't remember that many details of dreams. It is more the feeling of being there.

ponygirl

Hi Sena,

I wanted to recommend a book that has helped me quite a bit in regards to dream interpretation/understanding. It's called The Way of the Dream, Conversations on Jungian Dream Interpretation, by Marie Louise Von Franz-Jung's protege. I believe the book is out of print but it can still be ordered used on Amazon.

Sena

Quote from: ponygirlThe Way of the Dream, Conversations on Jungian Dream Interpretation, by Marie Louise Von Franz-Jung's protege
ponygirl, I was in fact able to buy that book in a shop in Sri Lanka a few years ago. It is very useful, but the Seth books provide even more insight into dreams. Seth, for instance, says that it is possible to heal illnesses in dreams.
I just looked that book up on Amazon UK and it costs £23! I paid the equivalent of £3.00 for it.

ponygirl

Yes, Seth offers great insight into dreams as well as Edgar Cayce, in my opinion. However, when I'm looking to get more information on specific symbols and their universal meanings I've found Jung and Von Franz quite helpful.

JimK

One of the books that I ran across years ago before I was aware of the Seth books that was very helpful to me was Dr. Ann Faraday's Dream Power. Also Fritz Perl's work was quite interesting. It's amazing how the path runs from one thing to another -kind of like an evolution or expansion of interest. Pretty cool the way it all works together and simultaneously too.

John Sorensen

I've noticed I get the most Theta brain waves (dream state) typically between 4-5am and 5-6am. If I'm awake at those times but lying down with my eyes closed, I get the most intense vivid imagery, which I always find interesting as its do different than the fuzzy kind of visual you get when you just say imagine something in an ordinary awake and walking around Beta brain wave state.

It's like with the Theta brain waves, you are literally perceiving in a different way. Seeing bright lights with your eyes closed in complete darkness is often an easy way to know you are in a Theta state.

BethAnne

Has anyone used binaural beats for lucid dreaming.  I have not but think I'll give it a try tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt9kJK_PQoc

John Sorensen

I have not used them specifically for that. But I have fallen asleep many times while listening to binaural beats. Just generic ones.

There are specific ones that are supposed to help along lucid dreaming, but I have not used them.
I can lucid dream if I want to, but it's not my main focus, and while its interesting, its not really my thing.
I do think everybody should do some practice with lucid dreaming though the same way I think everybody (who can) should get like a 30 mins or more of walking a day, or some other exercise etc. It's good for you etc, dreams are rather therapeutic, especially for folks who don't meditate or do any other stuff that gets them out of their normal everyday work/sleep/shit/repeat routine.

Sena

I have "suffered" off and on with insomnia since my teenage years. I have always thought of insomnia as something undesirable, and I have taken tablets for it from time to time. I had difficulty getting off to sleep last night and I was tempted to take a tablet. Then I had an intuition that insomnia may not be a bad thing, and that it might precede a significant dream. So I got up and drank camomile tea. I resumed reading a spy story, "Seven Steps to Betrayal" by Michael Hartland. I went back to bed about 2 1/2 hours after my usual bedtime. I focused on my breathing and fell asleep in 10 to 15 minutes. I had a fairly vivid dream involving a car I had previously owned. I was "told" to go and meet a certain person. He is a male person, and I think he may be my "Senior". I did not think he would be judgmental, but I could have a chat with him to review my life.

Deb

Sena, perfect timing. I've been up since 2-something, have also had insomnia off and on all my life. I think when I'm done posting here I'll try to get to sleep, although I'm usually waking up at this time. I just drank some month+-old kombucha that I made, the fermentation is making me a little sleepy and should make for some interesting dreams if I can get to sleep.

I'm interested in hearing how your meeting goes, if you decide to follow through.

Sena

I have been thinking why I am attracted to spy stories and films. In most of these there is a "controller" in the background, a shadowy figure. This person may correspond to the "Oversoul" mentioned by Jane.

John Sorensen

Oversoul, JAMES Oversoul, naturally....

John Sorensen

Quote from: Sena
I have "suffered" off and on with insomnia since my teenage years. I have always thought of insomnia as something undesirable, and I have taken tablets for it from time to time. I had difficulty getting off to sleep last night and I was tempted to take a tablet. Then I had an intuition that insomnia may not be a bad thing, and that it might precede a significant dream. So I got up and drank camomile tea. I resumed reading a spy story, "Seven Steps to Betrayal" by Michael Hartland. I went back to bed about 2 1/2 hours after my usual bedtime. I focused on my breathing and fell asleep in 10 to 15 minutes. I had a fairly vivid dream involving a car I had previously owned. I was "told" to go and meet a certain person. He is a male person, and I think he may be my "Senior". I did not think he would be judgmental, but I could have a chat with him to review my life.

Hey Sena, do you meditate at all?

I used to have issues with getting to sleep at night. But ever since I learned to meditate (like back around the year 2002) I can fall asleep pretty much anytime anywhere. And the times when I genuinely cant to sleep, I can put myself into a state of deep relaxation and still get good quality rest, even if its not full sleep.

Sena

Quote from: John SorensenHey Sena, do you meditate at all?
John, I meditate very little. I did try it in the past when I was with the Gnostic group. Insomnia is not now a "problem" for me.

John Sorensen

I'm not saying you need to medtiate to sleep.

I mean basic deep relaxation techniques will do the same thing.
If you've ever had a full body massage, its very easy to fall asleep the more relaxed you are.

While their are different reasons for not being able to get to sleep, most people I have talked with (who had issues) found it was the never ending running narrative of thought/mind/worry that kepy them awake more than anything.

My father for example had issues sleeping for 5 years after breaking up with his partner.

Sena

Quote from: strangerthings
Quote from: SenaThe odd thing was that it was about the younger male patients having sexual relationships with the older female patients. They felt that it was their last chance to experience the joys of love.

For me, my dreams incorporate things I am familiar with. Your sanitorium experience seems that it made its way there? Isn't it interesting that the focus was on the above quoted part?  (I think that is what you meant?) Did you come to any other thoughts around that? It is like it is saying to me: "You are never too old to find true love. At any age, not matter what your condition is, even if you are in a TB facility, one is never too old to have and experience this true joy and love." OF course that is only my interpretation and it could mean something totally different to you.

strangerthings, your interpretation is certainly a plausible one. For me, the main thing about this dream is that it indicated to me a possible previous existence. It also gave me some idea of how I may have planned my present existence before birth, but the details are too personal to reveal.

Sena

I had two dreams last night that I recall. I woke up in the middle of the night after the first dream. I recalled it clearly and I thought to myself that this is a very interesting dream. I then fell asleep almost immediately. The next dream was before I woke up in the morning. I had been working on my laptop, when something strange happened on the screen. It was as if a new operating system had taken over. I desperately pressed keys including ctrl/alt/delete, but nothing happened. I thought this might be a virus and that I had lost all my data. I was relieved when I woke up and realised itt was only a dream.

The strange thing was that I was now able to recall nothing of my first dream. It is as if my Inner Self had wiped it out. I recall reading something like this in Seth, who said that sometimes the conscious mind may be prevented from recalling a dream for which it is not emotionally ready.

Deb

A good case for keeping a dream journal. I wonder if you had written down your first dream when you woke up, it would come back to you? If your conscious mind had prevented your recollection, I wonder how the dream journal would play a part by helping you recall it.

I'm not good at interpreting dreams other than my own, and even that's sketchy. Have you tried to figure out how your second dream relates to your waking reality? Any symbolism? Or something you're currently experiencing that mimics the feeling you had in the dream?

I've have recurring dreams about having trouble making phone calls for decades. Back in the day, it was about the frustration of not dialing the proper phone number on a rotary phone, then later updated to push button phones, and now cell phones. The equipment is updated, the problem remains the same. I feel it has something to do with a strong need to communicate clearly, or maybe a doubt in my ability to do so.

Sena

Quote from: Deb
Have you tried to figure out how your second dream relates to your waking reality?
Deb, what I take from the second dream is that I am being cautioned to not stray too far from physical reality at present. I need to keep in mind that Seth's teaching was directed mainly to a small group of people, and I can't assume that everything in the books is relevant to me at this moment in time. So I will not be looking for too many "supernatural" experiences.