Author Topic: Sharing a Dream with Another Person  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Randolph123

Is this incredibly rare, or does it happen for people every now and then? It hasn't happened for me for years, but it did concretely once. I was in kind of a disassociated, negative state of mind at the time, to the point where one night I completely left my dreamspace and entered an ex-girlfriend's, who was a good friend at the time.

What's kind of funny is I booted the thought form of her current boyfriend, with him disappearing from the couch, and me appearing. My ex was like, "Ahh...what happened to Bob and how are you here?"

She immediately knew I had changed the dream, as did I.

The next day I called her, not wanting to ask any leading questions. So after a while I just asked, "So...did anything interesting happen last night, maybe when you were sleeping?"

She immediately says, "What, you mean when you booted Bob from my dream and just showed up next to me on my couch, talking completely independently of my thoughts and how I was scripting the dream?"

I was like, "Yeah...that."

John Sorensen

Pretty sure everyone experiences that sort of thing. Whether they remember it or not is another thing.

Offline Randolph123

Pretty sure everyone experiences that sort of thing. Whether they remember it or not is another thing.

What's interesting is we both remembered it. We had to, or else it wouldn't have meant much. Though it felt real, without her remembering it a part of me may have wondered if she was a thought form. Here's something to melt your noggin...

Based on the fact we both woke up when the dream was over...we shared the dream AT DIFFERENT TIMES. Same night, but different times. That hurts my brain.

Offline Sena

• Sethie III
She immediately says, "What, you mean when you booted Bob from my dream and just showed up next to me on my couch, talking completely independently of my thoughts and how I was scripting the dream?"
Randolph, thanks for sharing this with us. This kind of experience is described by Robert Monroe in his "Journeys out of the body". It would seem that you have had an out-of-body experience.

John Sorensen

What's interesting is we both remembered it. We had to, or else it wouldn't have meant much. Though it felt real, without her remembering it a part of me may have wondered if she was a thought form. Here's something to melt your noggin...

Based on the fact we both woke up when the dream was over...we shared the dream AT DIFFERENT TIMES. Same night, but different times. That hurts my brain.

The time thing makes sense to me is you think of the "dream realm"  or whatever world you want to use having no time at all. you could in theory have that dream ten years ago, or ten years from now and from the dream perspective it could still be the same "time" for both of you.

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~earth spirit~
    • Urban Farming
I was like, "Yeah...that."

That is an awesome story, just amazing. Wonderful validation for all the Seth stuff too.

I've had dreams that I was convinced the other party would remember, but so far that hasn't happened. I'm looking forward to that day. I've felt at times the contact I've had with people in some dreams was so real that they'd have to remember it. I've had this secret desire for years to spend a week at the Monroe Institute... with all the work they do with dreams and astral travel. I actually had a chance, through a coincidence, to visit the Institute last year.

I do have to say when I was about 10, my cousin was sleeping over and I told her I wanted us to get together in a dream so we could continue our fun together. I had concocted this plan of us both going to sleep, then I would find a door into her dream and knock on it so she could *let me in.* I don't recall the plan working.

John Sorensen

Maybe it did and you don't remember it.

Or maybe it just hasn't happened yet, or is actually still happening, but have you looked there lately?

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~earth spirit~
    • Urban Farming
Or maybe it just hasn't happened yet, or is actually still happening, but have you looked there lately?

Damn you're good.
I'll have to think about that for a bit. No, I haven't revisited that instance with my cousin until today. Maybe tonight I'll get my answer.

Offline Dandelion

• Sethie II
I have had an ongoing dream situation that sort of relates to the shared dream idea.  A close relative and I keep having similar dreams during the same time period.  For instance, if I've been dreaming about us traveling together, then she is also dreaming about us traveling together.  When we compare details, they are not exactly the same but there will be many similarities in the mode of transportation, the geography, and the activities.  This actually went on for years before we even discovered it.  One of us just happened to mention a mysterious woman relative that we have in this dream world and the other recognized this relative.  When we started discussing the details, many of them matched up, such as the fact this relative lived in a Victorian style house that had a secluded feel to the property in spite of it being located in a small city.  I can't remember any specific contradictions in the details, although there were differences in what each of us remembered, but that was partly because we visited this relative at different times and were focused on different things in the dreams.

For some odd reason, I've never been into analyzing dreams, but these seemed different (and they're definitely more entertaining than my other dreams).  In the dreams, we have the same family relationship, and many other aspects and people are the same in both these dreams and our lives, with a few significant differences, such as we travel a lot together in the dreams.  I've never felt like I've actually been in her dreams or that she is actively participating in mine.  It's not like we're having a single dream that we're both in.  Nor have the dreams felt like they were predictive.  The time period is similar to my current life, although much more flexible time-wise, of course.  For a while I had a "close friend" relationship (in my dream life, not my waking life) that I was exploring backwards, going from a "current" state of being very close friends all the way back to how it started. 

My speculation is that these are our probable selves living a probable life, one that is very close to our current lives.  And we both enjoy visiting this probable life.  This is a fairly recent idea, so it'll be interesting to see if and how it affects the dreams.

Offline BethAnne

• Sethie III
Interesting dreams.  So cool that you found out after years.  Probable lives sounds like a good explaination.

Offline Batfan007

• Sethie II
The I impression I got was that the two of you shared a time period where you both lived or probable life/lives.

That's usually more common in my experience although you could both be creating your own space to explore that may not relate to any physical lives at all but still appears in physical terms due to the camouflage nature of this reality / system.

Offline BethAnne

• Sethie III
For years I have had dreams of Phil Collins to the point I would know what was up with him then it would be announced public.  In the dreams he was NOT happy that I was there for the first few years because the connection scared him. 

I would love to meet him and apologize!  LOL
I've had several psychic say that I'm his dream muse and then I wondered if any of his songs were about his scary dreams.  I also know about 6 people who  have crossed paths with him.  He and my father have the same birthday and our birthdays are 1 year. 1 month. 1 week. 1 day apart.  11.11???
After my experiences with Larry (in my timeloop thread)  I would use Phil's music to ground me.  At that time I didn't comprehend that I might be bugging him by doing that.  Once I did I stopped.

When I "Zoom", which is what I call getting into an altered state using music to access the Divine I wondered if I was connecting PC to the Divine also?  Was I "taking him Home"?

Take Me Home Lyrics
Take that look of worry
I'm an ordinary man
They don't tell me nothing
So I find out what I can
There's a fire that's been burning
Right outside my door
I can't see but I feel it
And it helps to keep me warm
So I, I don't mind
No I, I don't mind
Seems so long I've been waiting
Still don't know what for
There's no point escaping
I don't worry anymore
I can't come out to find you
I don't like to go outside
They can turn off my feelings
Like they're turning off a light
But I, I don't mind
No I, I don't mind

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:38:43 AM by BethAnne »

Offline LarryH

Quote from: BethAnne
For years I have had dreams of Phil Collins to the point I would know what was up with him then it would be announced public.

BethAnne, I know someone who has been having dreams of Eric Clapton for decades with the same phenomena of dreaming about his life events before they are publicly known. There have been numerous synchronicities between them as well.

Offline LarryH

Years ago, I participated in an online dream group (8 people). We would post our dreams, compare, and assist one another with interpretation. We found that frequently there would be common threads or details in our dreams from the same night. A few examples:

One person posted that she had dreamed of a fairy and large over-sized musical instruments while I had dreamed of a fairy and tiny miniature musical instruments.

Two people dreamed of riding an aqua beach bike.

On the night where one person dreamed of being in the passenger side of a white car that was driving itself and out of control, I dreamed of being a passenger in a black car that was also driving itself, though in control. I asked the other person if his life seemed out of control, and he confirmed that. On the other hand, my car was a beautiful concept car (what they called 'dream cars' back in the day), and I was completely trusting in the car's ability to take me where I needed to go. I interpreted the color as being associated with the night (further confirmed by the 'dream car' symbolism), while the other person's white car was in reference to his waking life.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):