Quantum experiments: Changing the past?

Started by Deb, March 04, 2016, 07:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Can the past be changed by the FUTURE? Bizarre quantum experiment suggests time can run backwards.

@John Sorensen -- jellyfish wisdom?

• Scientists probed the quantum mechanical properties of single particles
• Study found knowing future outcome of particle also changes initial state
• They believe particles change their state due to scientist's knowledge
• This suggests that time could runs both backwards and forwards
• If this proves true, it could mean that what we're doing now has been influenced by decisions made   
   by a future version of us, the study claims

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2946445/Can-past-changed-FUTURE-Bizarre-quantum-experiment-suggests-time-run-backwards.html

BethAnne

I think this kind of stuff is just fascinating.  You really have to reconsider your life.  As someone who has done tarot for over 35 years you become sensitive to events that are just over the horizon.  I've noticed that the energy from HUGE events can be felt as you get closer.

Or dealing with normal life, when you finally go "I give up!  I don't care any more!" it's as if the situation "disconnects" with the issue from the past as if that issue wasn't all that important at all.

John Sorensen

Sena

Quote from: John Sorensen on March 05, 2016, 03:48:39 AM
What kind of events?
Events like the 2004 earthquake and tsunami:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/12/1227_041226_tsunami_2.html
About 3 weeks before this event, our neighbors had dropped in with their 10-year-old son. The little boy had "heard something" at school, and appeared to be really scared. At that time I felt annoyance towards the scare-mongers who had been spreading stories.
The Nat. Geo. article states, "Somehow the animals also seemed to know that disaster was imminent."

BethAnne

These are images from Brainpaint.com based on the math taken from the Global Consciousness Project.   
http://nexusilluminati.blogspot.com/2010/11/global-consciousness-project-meaningful.html

They collect spikes of random generators around the world that seem to pick up the energy of large events that indicate that mass consciousness is aware of this happening.

gitam2

I like this discussion and topic, great comments and posts from folks.
I was reflecting on just this topic this morning, logged on to this forum and then saw this discussion thread. Cool. It seems that quantum physics and some areas of science are starting to "prove" some of the things Seth has channeled about since the seventies.
My 3 cents about this topic is that yes we can change the past, if we believe we can. More precisely, if we believe firmly and exclusively in the "normal" linear model of time, usually from left to right, past, present, future, then we CAN'T change the past. So, we can break out of that linear box of thinking and believe that we we are multidimensional beings not completely subject to linear time. Then, yes, we can change the past. I intuitively feel (know) this is true. So this topic to me gets back to the ever so important topic of our BELIEFS, and how powerful they are in shaping our individual and mass realities.

My suggestion is to allow yourself the freedom to think and feel outside of the linear box of time. You can always go back to the box when you need to, because our shared reality system really relies on it. So in a sense we can live in the mass paradigm but not of it. I find it incredibly freeing to feel (and then experience) that my past errors, fears, shame, guilt, transgressions, and even good times, are not carved in stone. In fact I believe there can be a new type of science built on a premise that time is completely objective. This science could elucidate some principles and/or procedures as to HOW the past can be changed (and many other aspects of how we use time can be improved). This is new science, new psychology, based on a more clearer understanding of what the human being is and what we are capable of. Come on humanity, lets break out of the box!

Comments?   

LenKop

I agree gitam2.

Seth mentions core beliefs and satellite beliefs that we use to create our reality. It would be hard to change the past if we believe we are imprisoned in linear time.

I'd like to add that even time itself might be viewed as a creative tool, rather than this thing that we can float in and out of. After all, what would be the point of ATI creating time if there weren't some kind of creative use to it. Exactly how, or what kind of medium for creativity, beyond what we now know, I'm not sure, but, again, our beliefs regarding time are the only things that are stopping us from using it in other potential ways.

Len

Deb

Quote from: gitam2My suggestion is to allow yourself the freedom to think and feel outside of the linear box of time.

I'm in agreement, especially about the belief part.
I would actually like to do a personal experiment of my own, changing something that happened in my past. I wonder though that if I go back to the juncture of "this choice" or "that choice" or event and choose another path, changing the outcome, will I realize that in my now? Because in changing the past, we also change the future, and our memories of the past. Will I remember the experiment or the old past vs. the new past? Have I done this before and can't remember?

But yes it all comes down to beliefs for me. If I make my currently reality based on what I believe, then I can change my belief about a past incident and therefore change that reality. In order do that, I need to be able to make myself believe.

I think that people who come across Seth, read the books and find they resonate with them are already thinking outside the box. It's just a matter of degree and flexibility of mind. Some people are drawn to the Seth material and then make it, or their interpretation of it, as their new dogma. To me that's not much better than following the official line of consciousness. An open mind is a beautiful thing.

gitam2

Great discussion, I feel. I really like the picture posted by strangerthings, (above) that says a lot of how we can repaint our reality. Also thanks for all of the NLP documents, I'd like to take some more time to review NLP as it is a great tool to reprogram ourselves.

I'm still getting used to this posting format, so I'm not remembering all the great posts.

I've been further exploring this topic and I'll summarize as an answer to the above posts. So we seem to believe that, yes, we can change the past. That's great! empowering..
I'll look at this topic from a couple of angles which helps me elucidate our perception of time and much about our human perception/creation of our reality.
Seth and many others have said the moment point is all there is. So if that's true then everything that happened in our lives and others, all history, even the existence of dinosaurs for example, all exist in this moment point. So there really is no future or past, its all now. Even the dinosaurs (I mention them because I've always been fascinated by them and wanted to see them!). So I'm not so sure its a valuable exercise to think about if I change something that happened in my past, will it affect me now, or, will I remember in the future that I changed something in the past. To me this is still being caught in a linear model of time. I want to be free of that linear model. And yes, I know I need to use that model to some extent as a creative tool (as mentioned in another blog post). (Also, I'm not saying I am "right", I'm just exploring the issue).

So, lets look at the dinosaurs. We all know what they look like (some of them, at least, and at least to some degree), because we've seen pictures, etc of them based on their fossil remains. We've even seen some movies of them, like Jurassic park and even King Kong, remember that! So, to me, this helps me see that THIS is how dinosaurs still exist, in consciousness, in our (and others') consciousness. OK, so can "I" be physically chased by a TRex? Or, see a Brontosaurus calmly munching on green plants? (Maybe the 2nd example is better  ;)). The answer to this depends what I believe this "I" to be, and thus how I believe my reality to be constructed. If I believe myself to be consciousness, then I can see either of those dinosaurs right now, in my consciousness (imagination, mind's eye, whatever you want to call it). So to be free of time, I can believe myself to be consciousness.

If I dream of that Brontosaurus munching then I did see a dinosaur as I really believed it when I was dreaming it. When I "woke up" my mind then may tell me, that was just a dream, dinosaurs do not exist. I want to believe that in the dream I did see (do see) a dinosaur, and that my mind then talked me out of it. You may say that this is like living in a fantasy world, but to me the fantasy is more accurate and often more fun than the normal "reality" I live in (not that its really that bad or anything).

So what is this reality we live in? Many (like a previous post) say our reality is or is like a hologram. Seth has said that we live in a highly focused and specialized "camouflage" reality. This is the (shared) hologram we create to live. To a being that perceives a different range of light frequencies (assuming that such being exist), we cannot be seen by them. So does that mean we do not exist? Of course not. Being seen is not a basis for existence, as we humans tend to think. We are just habitually trained (hynotized) that way. Basically I believe our normal earthly waking reality is a habituated shared set of biologically detected stimuli. Seth has said that our reality is primarily psychological (I'm paraphrasing, it in Mass Events book).

I think that we tend to have a romanticized and simplified idea of what history and time are. When we think of seeing dinosaurs (or seeing Leonardo Di Vinci, for another example) we tend to project our simplified version of reality "back in time" and try to see that Brontosaurus. And we can't do it like that! There is no "back in time", there is no time, time is a psychological construct. So to me this all points to me seeing myself, what I am, what my reality is, in a different way. I'm still forming that and of course using my habituated patterning as a basis of exploration.

I think that virtual reality technology can and will shed more light on how we form our reality. For ex, a vr program could be written that would put us in a prehistoric jungle and we could vividly watch a brontosaurus eating and then maybe even walk up to it and touch it, depending on the sophistication of the vr program and the imagination of the programmer.

I'll stop here for now. Let me know if this triggers any comments or ideas.

Monica

@gitam2

What I think would be a great use of VR, would be to project the feeling tones and abstract thoughts we have and see them transformed into sensory data. It could be an amazing way to do therapy - people could learn to project a different feeling-thought pattern to get a different, tangible result. Also, musicians and artists - especially Sumari - would have such a ball projecting their inspiration for others to interact with. Pretty cool stuff! ;)

Deb

Quote from: MonicaWhat I think would be a great use of VR, would be to project the feeling tones and abstract thoughts we have and see them transformed into sensory data.

That would be incredible, I'd be first in line. I mean, to have instant feedback on how we create, rather than having to rely on our usually slow current reality results or faster dream results which we don't always remember. What a learning tool that would be!

Joelr

Quote from: Deb
Can the past be changed by the FUTURE? Bizarre quantum experiment suggests time can run backwards.

@John Sorensen -- jellyfish wisdom?

• Scientists probed the quantum mechanical properties of single particles
• Study found knowing future outcome of particle also changes initial state
• They believe particles change their state due to scientist's knowledge
• This suggests that time could runs both backwards and forwards
• If this proves true, it could mean that what we're doing now has been influenced by decisions made   
   by a future version of us, the study claims

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2946445/Can-past-changed-FUTURE-Bizarre-quantum-experiment-suggests-time-run-backwards.html

That is an interesting experiment.
To be clear, the results do not change based on what the scientists know or decide or anything in their mind. What changes the state of the particle is if information about the particles state is available to be seen by an observer. That knowledge can change the past state of the particle.