Dean Radin and IONS once again

Started by Deb, August 27, 2016, 07:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

"Everyone offers theories about consciousness, but nobody does anything about it."  Dean Radin

Well, IONS (started by Edgar Mitchell, yes, that Edgar Mitchell) is/has been doing something about it. Here's a rather lengthy video of
Sorry but you must log in to view spoiler contents.
explaining experiments showing that consciousness affects matter.

An abbreviated presentation of what IONS does: 
http://vimeo.com/113981492

I hadn't been on the IONS web site for years. Today I found a page on studies on Extended Human Capacities - a few studies on mind-matter interaction. This one, Markov Chain, caught my eye: "it raises the possibility that teleological pulls from the future may sometimes influence present-time decisions and events."

The theory: The probability distribution of the next state depends only on the current state and not on the sequence of events that preceded it (sounds to me like the "your power is in the present" and, of course, probable lives).

Some fun stuff: They have an online game site where you can test your psychic abilities. I haven't tried it yet, but there is a game involving healing and a garden somehow testing intuition. Maybe I'll try that next and update this post if it's interesting.

Another hot topic, Consciousness & Healing, shows studies involving consciousness & healing, intention, distant healing, spontaneous remission (the resulting book is available for free download), mapping the subtle energy field, more.

What a fascinating organization! I'm so glad there are actual scientists studying these things!

JimK

Quote from: Deb"it raises the possibility that teleological pulls from the future may sometimes influence present-time decisions and events."

Interesting. So, if teleological pulls from my future are sometimes influencing my present-time decisions and events, then my present self is the future self of my past selfs and may have a teleological pull on their decisions and events. And this continues and continues and everything is really happening simultaneously. Cool. :)

Deb

YES, wow! I understood what you said, lol.

Your future selves can go back into their past and rewrite history, influence decisions, etc. So the old worry about creating a paradox (ala Back to the Future) is not a concern. It's all plastic, which I guess takes the pressure off of us trying to get everything "right" the first time. Kind of like that erasure tape on typewriters. Backspace, backspace, backspace... :)

Right now I'm sitting on my back patio with my laptop. Roughly a year ago I was doing the same thing, and made a mental "hey there" to my future self, a year in the future. I just remembered that, I wonder... dang, I wish I'd made a note of the date.

JimK

@Deb Thank you for posting the vids they were really quite interesting.  Ha, I liked you follow-up post too!

Batfan007

I recommend everybody watch the film Donnie Darko, or rewatch it. It's these ideas in action.

Deb

Quote from: Batfan007Donnie Darko

OK, I'll look into that.
It sounds familiar,
not sure if I've seen it.