Meditation

Started by Deb, March 16, 2016, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

I thought I'd start a meditation topic in case anyone wants to add any special experiences they've had, or just advice or comments or whatever

Today I downloaded the newest walking/standing meditation from Dr. Joe which is focused on opening/activating the pineal gland. It was a busy day, but I had this really strong need to be out in nature. 25+ mph winds, cold, but I had to do it and the weather matched my mood: stormy. I bundled up and headed for the S. Platte River. Once there, a big cottonwood tree attracted me. I planned to stand under it to begin the meditation, but when I got there I saw that about 10 feet away someone had built a sort of rough wagon wheel out of dead branches, twigs, bark on the ground. It was about 12' across with the center having the perfect amount of space for my feet. What a find!

This guided meditation is awesome, at one point I started getting goose bumps head to toe. Actually it happened more than once. No major metaphysical experiences for me, but this has potential. Walking through the woods was perfect too, the weather kept most people away so I had the place to myself.

When I finally ended the meditation, an hour later, the wind had stopped and it warmed up enough for me to open my jacket and ditch the hood and gloves. The weather once again matched my mood.

Note: Photo shows the wagon wheel, hopefully it's visible. Big tree right, two logs to the left of that, then the wheel.

BethAnne

I'm living vicariously through your photo.  Maybe I'll use that as a visual for meditation.  Had it been there awhile?  Do you feel the power of the place came from being used before like people left their energy there?

I've been doing OMs lately in the mornings while I wait for the sun to come up and that seems to be effective.  I knew it would but I'm lazy. 
;)

When I start a meditation I've "programmed" the meeting place to reflect what I needed to know.  And once I've "outgrown" that need it is impossible to conjure it up again.  For awhile it's been sitting in a lounge chair in the edge of the water at the ocean, but last time the lounge chair took off like a rocket.  ???
Now I'm being visited by a mouse who used to come a couple years ago.  When I ask "Who are you really?" I'll suddenly be in a large chair across from an old man by a fireplace who I can ask questions.

Deb

Quote from: BethAnne on March 16, 2016, 09:29:31 PMI'm living vicariously through your photo.  Maybe I'll use that as a visual for meditation.  Had it been there awhile?  Do you feel the power of the place came from being used before like people left their energy there?

Were you able to see it? If you click on the photo, it will enlarge for you.

It was a very unusual thing to see. The Platte River trail/woods is a popular place for cyclists, walkers, there's a nature center there, constant surveillance by rangers, closes at dusk.

This was right outside the parking lot off a well-trodden dirt trail. I was trying to figure out who would have done that, usually groups of kids don't frequent the area. The wheel had a feeling of intention to it, but I'm not a very sensitive person to energy. My first impression was of ceremony, almost felt like a pentagram (but has too many points for that). It felt good, almost like it was left there for me to use.

I've been pulling the ohm mojo myself lately. Trying everything. Since the last workshop I'm feeling like I'm in limbo and I don't like the feeling. I feel like everything has changed/is changing in my life, none of the old stuff feels comfortable, familiar or right, but I don't have a "new place" yet. I keep trying to just leave myself open so some new opportunities can find their way in. Feeling pressure from this:

"All of you have but one responsibility, and that responsibility is to the self. Not necessarily to the self as you know it, but to the whole self. It is your responsibility, you see, to develop all your abilities. It is your responsibility to materialize within your own system your own potentials."

'The Early Sessions', Book 7, Session 329

and trying to balance it with this:

"Once more, it is extremely important that Ruburt (Jane) keep his mind on his goals, and not burden his conscious mind by trying to figure out circumstances and conditions that are best handled by the infinite intelligence that is within his own subconscious mind.

The way and the means will be taken care of.

They will indeed appear almost effortlessly -- but he must let the burden of worry go."

Session January 22, 1984

The message I got today was that I am being stripped of my identity, everything, peeling my snakeskin, for a completely fresh start. A quantum change, no prisoners. I feel ready, I don't like this limbo feeling. I need to remember to trust the unknown.  :)

John Sorensen

I went through various limbo feelings, on several occasions, some for several months at  time.
It doesn't feel good subjectively, but I just wanted to remind you that it is temporary.

It's like being between paradigms or beliefs.
The old is not quite dead and the new now yet born.
So both coexist until things settle in.

LenKop

I'm getting pressure on my temples lately, while meditating.

I've gone with it, and it recently has spread across my forehead and toward my third eye. I thought I might be having some kind of brain annurism...lol, but that was just doubt, as it only happens during meditation.

Not sure what it means. It clears my mind at least, as it gives me a focal point.

LK

BethAnne

So this is how my meditation is evolving.
For several nights now, instead of my lounge chair on the beach I am in an auditorium on the stage with a semi-circle with others, the seats are full in the audience.  There has been a podium with a mic but empty till last night.

The Mouse is on my lap, scampers over to the podium and becomes a Wise Old Man who starts answering questions from the audience because an EVENT is coming and everyone needs to get up to speed.

This is my subjective interpretation. 
The Stage is Deb's forum and the people in the semi circle are those that post.  The Audience are those that read.
Who knows who the Wise Old Man is but he is in charge.  He isn't a Gandolf figure but a CEO in an Armani suit.

I knew I had tapped into something beyond me because the questions seemed fresh and unexpected to me rather than my projection.

Yes, that Limbo stage is uncomfortable.  Sort of Spiritual Puberty.
:D

Deb

Quote from: BethAnne on March 17, 2016, 11:32:13 AMYes, that Limbo stage is uncomfortable.  Sort of Spiritual Puberty

OMG you're right! I never thought of it that way, but that definitely hits the nail on the head. Ouch!

John Sorensen

Quote from: BethAnne on March 17, 2016, 11:32:13 AM
So this is how my meditation is evolving.
For several nights now, instead of my lounge chair on the beach I am in an auditorium on the stage with a semi-circle with others, the seats are full in the audience.  There has been a podium with a mic but empty till last night.

The Mouse is on my lap, scampers over to the podium and becomes a Wise Old Man who starts answering questions from the audience because an EVENT is coming and everyone needs to get up to speed.

This is my subjective interpretation. 
The Stage is Deb's forum and the people in the semi circle are those that post.  The Audience are those that read.
Who knows who the Wise Old Man is but he is in charge.  He isn't a Gandolf figure but a CEO in an Armani suit.

I knew I had tapped into something beyond me because the questions seemed fresh and unexpected to me rather than my projection.

Yes, that Limbo stage is uncomfortable.  Sort of Spiritual Puberty.

Perhaps I'm taking your words out of context Beth Anne, but in my experience the limbo phase is cyclical rather than a one off thing.

If I think of  spiral, it loops and overlaps itself as beliefs, values and experiences repeat in our lives and different themes etc play out.

BethAnne

my experience the limbo phase is cyclical rather than a one off thing.

I don't know.  Both??
For me it's a feeling of not being Here nor There.  Where you've gone to far past what is familiar and the NEW hasn't kicked in yet.
When I have those feelings I imagine myself doing the Dead Man Float in a swimming pool until it passes.  I tend to over think things and it is difficult for me to be quiet and this helps to just BE.

It seems many people are in this limbo stage right now even if they are not metaphysical.  Maybe it has to do with our US elections.  I'm not really following it because every time I happen across TV/News it's all so incredibly juvenile.   People seem to be at a loss as to what is real.

On a spiritual level it has a strong feeling of things about to make a leap but in a way we can't fathom and it's difficult being in a state of not knowing.  At least for me.  I like to have my ducks in a row....and now I have no ducks!