The return of Christ personality

Started by Sena, May 12, 2016, 06:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

Quote from: strangerthings on April 30, 2022, 02:19:18 PMPlus Christ is the inner self.

Would you explain in a few words what you meant?
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

Joydivided

Quote from: strangerthings on April 29, 2022, 11:07:24 PMHi @Joydivided

Dang ... how much I wanted to type "joy division" lol

Its a band thing  8)

Anyway voidy isnt around anymore

However

I would like to know why male as well.

Hope we get to exchange some great inticing back and forth.

Aye! Very popular topic.

Btw Seth does NOT  say that. Ugh if I am remembering correctly off the top of my head Seth said at the time its what people accepted. (Male)

Yes, joydivided was somewhat inspired by joy division :)
Like Like x 1 View List

Joydivided

Quote from: Deb on April 30, 2022, 08:12:54 AM@Joydivided I've been thinking about this. While I don't recall Seth saying specifically the return of the Christ personality can only be male, and I don't like to speculate what someone else "meant," voidypaul may have been basing his comment on these quotes below. While Seth did use the general term "man" (as in mankind, which includes women), in these quotes he uses he and his, which are more specific. These are all from Seth Speaks, Session 586, July 24, 1971. They are not necessarily in order. I added bold for emphasis. Seth also does mention distortions, and so Jane's religious background could have also contributed to these male-dominated quotes.

"The third personality, mentioned many times by me, has not in your terms yet appeared, although his existence has been prophesied as the "Second Coming" (Matthew 24). Now these prophecies were given in terms of the current culture at that time, and therefore, while the stage has been set, the distortions are deplorable, for this Christ will not come at the end of your world as the prophecies have been maintaining."

"The third personality of Christ will indeed be known as a great psychic, for it is he who will teach humanity to use those inner senses that alone make true spirituality possible. Slayers and victims will change roles as reincarnational memories rise to the surface of consciousness. Through the development of these abilities, the sacredness of all life will be intimately recognized and appreciated."

"(9:20.) He will not come to reward the righteous and send evildoers to eternal doom. He will, however, begin a new religious drama. A certain historical continuity will be maintained. As happened once before, however, he will not be generally known for who he is. There will be no glorious proclamation to which the whole world will bow. He will return to straighten out Christianity, which will be in a shambles at the time of his arrival, and to set up a new system of thought when the world is sorely in need of one."

"Now there will be several born before that time who in various ways will rearouse man's expectations. One such man has already been born in India, in a small province near Calcutta, but his ministry will seem to remain comparatively local for his lifetime.

"Another will be born in Africa, a black man whose main work will be done in Indonesia. The expectations were set long ago in your terms, and will be fed by new prophets until the third personality of Christ does indeed emerge.

"He will lead man behind the symbolism upon which religion has relied for so many centuries. He will emphasize individual spiritual experience, the expansiveness of soul, and teach man to recognize the multitudinous aspects of his own reality."

Hi Deb, thanks for your reply. I am still not sure how to write on here, but I think this message will be posted.
Like Like x 1 View List

strangerthings

Quote from: inavalan on April 30, 2022, 04:51:42 PM
Quote from: strangerthings on April 30, 2022, 02:19:18 PMPlus Christ is the inner self.

No but I will quote Seth:

"Each of the twelve represented qualities of personality that belong to one individual, and Christ as you know him represented the inner self. The twelve, therefore, plus Christ as you know him (the one figure composed of the three) represented an individual earthly personality — the inner self — and twelve main characteristics connected with the egotistical self. As Christ was surrounded by the disciples, so the inner self is surrounded by these physically oriented characteristics, each drawn outward toward daily reality on the one hand, and yet orbiting the inner self."
—SS Part Two: Chapter 14: Session 560, November 23, 1970

Like Like x 1 View List

strangerthings

I will add that through my own experiences I find this more true than not.

Deb

Quote from: Joydivided on April 30, 2022, 05:49:51 PMHi Deb, thanks for your reply. I am still not sure how to write on here, but I think this message will be posted.

Joydivided you're doing fine posting! You can also take a "partial" quote if you want to just respond to something specific. Just highlight the text of interest and a button will appear between the Quote and Quick Edit buttons saying "Quote selected text." When you click that button the text will appear in the Quick Reply box. There are also formatting buttons above the QR box. Not too different than working in Word or something like that. Just ask if you have questions!

Like Like x 1 View List

inavalan

Quote from: strangerthings on May 01, 2022, 01:41:30 AM

"Each of the twelve represented qualities of personality that belong to one individual, and Christ as you know him represented the inner self. The twelve, therefore, plus Christ as you know him (the one figure composed of the three) represented an individual earthly personality — the inner self — and twelve main characteristics connected with the egotistical self. As Christ was surrounded by the disciples, so the inner self is surrounded by these physically oriented characteristics, each drawn outward toward daily reality on the one hand, and yet orbiting the inner self."

This search
offers some good context about the symbolism (Christ, inner-self).

This gives a deeper interpretation (than the physical story) to events like the Crucifixion and the 2nd Coming. Crucifixion represents the physical man's forgetting his non-physical part aspect, forgetting his inner-self existence. The 2nd Coming represents the physical man rediscovering his non-physical aspect, rediscovering the existence of his inner-self, inner-senses, inner-world.

It is also interesting how Seth mentions that in other realities the same process was illustrated with different symbolism.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

strangerthings

Quote from: inavalan on May 01, 2022, 03:12:01 PM

This search
offers some good context about the symbolism (Christ, inner-self).

This gives a deeper interpretation (than the physical story) to events like the Crucifixion and the 2nd Coming. Crucifixion represents the physical man's forgetting his non-physical part aspect, forgetting his inner-self existence. The 2nd Coming represents the physical man rediscovering his non-physical aspect, rediscovering the existence of his inner-self, inner-senses, inner-world.

It is also interesting how Seth mentions that in other realities the same process was illustrated with different symbolism.

Yes

Joydivided

Quote from: Deb on May 01, 2022, 03:03:17 PM
Quote from: Joydivided on April 30, 2022, 05:49:51 PMHi Deb, thanks for your reply. I am still not sure how to write on here, but I think this message will be posted.

Joydivided you're doing fine posting! You can also take a "partial" quote if you want to just respond to something specific. Just highlight the text of interest and a button will appear between the Quote and Quick Edit buttons saying "Quote selected text." When you click that button the text will appear in the Quick Reply box. There are also formatting buttons above the QR box. Not too different than working in Word or something like that. Just ask if you have questions!

Cool, thanks Deb!

Joydivided

Would you explain in a few words what you meant

Try this to deepen your awareness of the presence of the innermost self, the Divine Self . A 28 minutes meditation which can be listened to on their website or downloaded. It's free and as far as I am concerned a priceless gift to humanity. It was through Sanaya that I first heard of Seth, she was an avid student of his work.

https://www.orindaben.com/pages/home/New_Light_Coming/

Sena

Quote from: strangerthings on May 01, 2022, 01:41:30 AMand Christ as you know him represented the inner self.

St, thanks for highlighting this quote. Presumably this means the inner self of every human beings. Christ is already here, so it is rather meaningless to talk about the "return" of christ in 2075 or thereabouts.
Like Like x 2 View List

Deb

Quote from: Joydivided on May 01, 2022, 06:11:35 PMTry this to deepen your awareness of the presence of the innermost self, the Divine Self

@Joydivided somehow your last message got embedded within the quoted material in your message above (reply #309). I just fixed it, I thought some members would miss your message. I want to help you understand why that happened.

If you look at a message before you click POST, you'll see some words in brackets. These are called Bulletin Board Code. There's an opening code and a closing one. So if you take a quote, just make sure you write after the closing bracket (the one with the slash). I'll give a few examples here so you can see what things look like "behind the scenes."

This is what a quote looks like:
[quote author=Joydivided link=msg=22523 date=1651450295]Try this to deepen your awareness of the presence
of the innermost self, the Divine Self [/quote]

[b]This test will be bold.[/b]    [u]This text will be underlined.[/u]

The software puts the codes in for you, so if something doesn't look right (you can use PREVIEW to see your message before posting it), it usually means one of the codes is either missing something or in the wrong place. Does that make any sense?
Like Like x 1 View List

Joydivided

Quote from: Deb on May 02, 2022, 05:19:30 PM
Quote from: Joydivided on May 01, 2022, 06:11:35 PMTry this to deepen your awareness of the presence of the innermost self, the Divine Self

@Joydivided somehow your last message got embedded within the quoted material in your message above (reply #309). I just fixed it, I thought some members would miss your message. I want to help you understand why that happened.

If you look at a message before you click POST, you'll see some words in brackets. These are called Bulletin Board Code. There's an opening code and a closing one. So if you take a quote, just make sure you write after the closing bracket (the one with the slash). I'll give a few examples here so you can see what things look like "behind the scenes."

This is what a quote looks like:
[quote author=Joydivided link=msg=22523 date=1651450295]Try this to deepen your awareness of the presence
of the innermost self, the Divine Self [/quote]

[b]This test will be bold.[/b]    [u]This text will be underlined.[/u]

The software puts the codes in for you, so if something doesn't look right (you can use PREVIEW to see your message before posting it), it usually means one of the codes is either missing something or in the wrong place. Does that make any sense?

Cheers for that Deb :)
Like Like x 1 View List

strangerthings

@Joydivided

Thank you

I listened to a little bit of it. I listen to it normally as an audio file first, then if I approve I try.

How did you find her ?

Bora137

Return of the personality - does this mean reinvestment of the soul in the same incarnational self? It's something I have wondered about if you can choose one of your incarnations and return in that in a different earth spacetime, with a different set of contracts and purposes, not the same body obviously but nearly identical because you would be projecting into the physical plane the same idea of yourself as you did previously?
Like Like x 1 View List

strangerthings

@Bora137
Good question.
Im also thinking we don't get off that easy lol
I think it is us now. Our true personality shining through.
In a sense.... our inner self makes a break through the psychological prison.  (?)

According to Seth, there are "twelve main characteristics connected with the egotistical self" and we have "the twelve represented qualities of personality that belong to the inner self" and that "the inner self is surrounded by these physically oriented characteristics, each drawn outward toward daily reality on the one hand, and yet orbiting the inner self."

Sounds like my very own solar system lol

Christ is surrounded by 12 disciples. Seth does not go into the 12. No one does. Except for Neville Goddard lol well... and that book a lot of us  cringe at  ;D  including me. However, I tend to think of them now as 12 states of mind. 12 honed disciplines orbiting the inner self.

He makes a lot of sense to me however!

I tend to think that each of us, right now, that is the focal point. We are the ones here now "aware". It is our turn now to shine!

In case anyone wants it:
https://ia800402.us.archive.org/33/items/NevilleGoddard003/The_Twelve_Disciples_by_neville_goddard.pdf
Like Like x 1 View List

strangerthings

Some might get this some might not. But I have for years wondered about the word - disciple. The "le" of the word is added to change how it is represented. Drizzle, fickle, tickle etc. However, sometimes I wonder if it is an intentional add on to mean something else with certain words.

When I see the word "disciple" I see a word the reads like the language in the movie "Arrival". Read from both sides right to left and left to right , moving towards the center, simultaneously. To the innermost. The inner.

So I see disc and pi and the word the or el (god).

Then I realize ... hey they had discs on their heads! Even in heiroglyphs!

So if we train the 12 qualities of mind that orbit our inner self ... perhaps we too shall be a "living god". With a pi disc!

Weird huh lol
I think its so cool!