The return of Christ personality

Started by Sena, May 12, 2016, 07:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

Quote from: Joelr
There is no evidence that Jesus has an Earthly brother except in ACTS which is fiction created by the church to add facts to Jesus's life
"Explanations of the true relationship of the 'brothers' of Jesus within his immediate nuclear family fall primarily into three categories. The first, called "the most natural inference" of the Gospel text by the Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church, is that the brothers of Jesus were the children of his parents, Joseph and Mary": See the family tree at Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothers_of_Jesus#Degree_of_consanguinity_between_Jesus_and_his_brothers

It is the doctrine of the Virgin Birth which is a total lie fabricated by the Church. If it was a Virgin Birth, Jesus should have been female.

Sena

Jesus taught vengence, death to non-believers, it's ok to rape a slave girl, and many many mean and violent ideas, not just love. Not even close.
And the doctrine of Everlasting Hell, which was not there in the Old Testament.

LarryH

Quote from: Sena
And the doctrine of Everlasting Hell, which was not there in the Old Testament.
I recently heard in a Coast-to-Coast interview a pretty logical argument against an eternal Hell: If you take the most evil person in history (say Hitler, for the sake of argument), as much suffering as he caused, it is still finite suffering. But eternal damnation is infinite, thus infinitely more suffering than this person caused.

Deb

If it was a Virgin Birth, Jesus should have been female.

Heh, heh, heh, great point Sena. I guess by the same token, Eve would have to be a guy, right? But I don't suppose miracles follow the rules, that's what makes them special.

That book is full of speculation and has not passed peer review by the pHD history community. The actual field of biblical studies have pointed out that Mark might have already been written when Paul wrote his letters because Paul references only revelation and scripture.

There is no evidence that Jesus has an Earthly brother except in ACTS which is fiction created by the church to add facts to Jesus's life.

Peer review by the PhD history community? Do they really know the absolute truth?

Being the heathen that I am, I tend to take everything in the bible and attributed to Jesus with a salt lick. I also consider anything that Jesus supposedly said as hearsay, and anything written about Jesus and those times has to be speculation. You wrote "might have already been written"—"might" would be speculation, don't you think? As far as I know there is still no solid proof of anything in this area. While I'm not researching Christian history, I would think that if there was some major recent proof discovered it would be in the news.

Some interesting points are made here in this 20 year old article:
https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/did-jesus-exist/

And to be fair, there is no proof that Seth ever existed either, right? But that doesn't stop me from enjoying and benefiting from the books and messages within. No hell or brimstone either.

chasman

"Jesus was teaching lots of things. In Matthew he said he does not come for peace but with the sword for non-believers and he will cast them into an eternal lake of fire.

Jesus teaching only love is a new-age idea that isn't based in reality at all.

In Mark Jesus sens a disciple to a town and he says:
"Whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you.... It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city." In other words - Any city that doesn't "receive" the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah.
Jesus taught vengence, death to non-believers, it's ok to rape a slave girl, and many many mean and violent ideas, not just love. Not even close.

Just pick up a bible and read the new testament."

This is very upsetting.
I have not been a Catholic for many decades now.  No organized religion at all.
But for a long time  I have believed in the utter goodness and lovingness of Jesus.
And now I wonder.
Is it possible you are  wrong?
I'm only wondering.
What if Jesus really was all the good things.  But  people wrote things about him that were not true.
Even in the new testament.

chasman

I like your  post very much Deb.

chasman

"Jesus taught vengence, death to non-believers, it's ok to rape a slave girl, and many many mean and violent ideas, not just love. Not even close."

(I'm able to type on my laptop, much better than on my phone, so here goes.)

Joel, ouch.
that's very harsh.
but if its true, than I need to forget my previous belief in the excellent loving wonderful awesome nature of Jesus. I thought he was the great teacher of love.
if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.
my God, would be a loving forgiving God. always. to everyone.
what if Jesus, really was a good guy. not a hood guy. not a thug. not a dude telling people to hurt and kill each other. (utterly despicable.)
and then his ideas, were corrupted.
his loving message and teachings were hijacked.
and the rest is history.
just wondering. how reliable are your and my sources?
how do we  know what to believe?
I think that the Seth stuff is clearly on a high plane. I think that it is saying love is supreme.
to be loving........ it is the way to be.
ATI is just alright with me (sung to the tune of Jesus is Just Alright With Me, of course).

Joelr

Quote from: chasman
"Jesus taught vengence, death to non-believers, it's ok to rape a slave girl, and many many mean and violent ideas, not just love. Not even close."

(I'm able to type on my laptop, much better than on my phone, so here goes.)

Joel, ouch.
that's very harsh.
but if its true, than I need to forget my previous belief in the excellent loving wonderful awesome nature of Jesus. I thought he was the great teacher of love.
if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.
my God, would be a loving forgiving God. always. to everyone.
what if Jesus, really was a good guy. not a hood guy. not a thug. not a dude telling people to hurt and kill each other. (utterly despicable.)
and then his ideas, were corrupted.
his loving message and teachings were hijacked.
and the rest is history.
just wondering. how reliable are your and my sources?
how do we  know what to believe?
I think that the Seth stuff is clearly on a high plane. I think that it is saying love is supreme.
to be loving........ it is the way to be.
ATI is just alright with me (sung to the tune of Jesus is Just Alright With Me, of course).

Looking through the new testament it's clear a lot of the good wisdom people knew of at that time (from Hindu and other established sources)was attributed to Jesus to bring this wisdom to a more modern crowd. So a lot of good stuff is there. But there is a lot of now-outdated knowledge as well. Jesus was a big believer in hell and Satan and non-believers going to hell and suffering for eternity.

the skeptics bible has a section of cruelty in the OT and NT
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

and on intolerance:
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/int/long.html

The stuff about non-judgment and love and all the good stuff was also in Hindu and other pre-Christian religions as well as in Judiasim in some forms. It was also in the Gnostic Christian religions that were wiped out by the orthadox church.

It's believed the gospels are not actually historical but that is all we have as far as information on Jesus goes. If you want to imagine Jesus as some hippy, love is all you need guy then why not? What does it matter?

Joelr

Quote from: Deb
If it was a Virgin Birth, Jesus should have been female.

That book is full of speculation and has not passed peer review by the pHD history community. The actual field of biblical studies have pointed out that Mark might have already been written when Paul wrote his letters because Paul references only revelation and scripture.

There is no evidence that Jesus has an Earthly brother except in ACTS which is fiction created by the church to add facts to Jesus's life.

Peer review by the PhD history community? Do they really know the absolute truth?

Being the heathen that I am, I tend to take everything in the bible and attributed to Jesus with a salt lick. I also consider anything that Jesus supposedly said as hearsay, and anything written about Jesus and those times has to be speculation. You wrote "might have already been written"—"might" would be speculation, don't you think? As far as I know there is still no solid proof of anything in this area. While I'm not researching Christian history, I would think that if there was some major recent proof discovered it would be in the news.

Some interesting points are made here in this 20 year old article:
https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/did-jesus-exist/

And to be fair, there is no proof that Seth ever existed either, right? But that doesn't stop me from enjoying and benefiting from the books and messages within. No hell or brimstone either.

The thing about "peer review" in the historicity field is significant. To go from masters to pHD the entire several years are all spent learning how to verify sources to make the most accurate work possible. Then when a work is completed it must be combed over very carefully by other PHD people who check sources and so on.
Why is this important? Well I used to not care about that and I read all these books on early Christianity and I had all this information that I would discuss with people. Then I started paying attention to what actual scholars had to say and I realized all the "historical" books were largely made up nonsense designed to sell books.

So the field itself isn't perfect but they take all historical information and very carefully weigh sources and this and that and try to come to a reasonable consensis of what actually happened. And when they all agree then it's likely that that is what actually happened historically. Or at least that is our best guess. On the flip side, ANYONE can write a book and make up sources and actually completely lie and it's been done. I've seen articles explaining why one particular book (a book on Ceasar being Jesus) was completely made up and the author would just use complete denial and never even went to any school or used any source to write his book.

Another guy - Bart Ehrman wrote a book on Jesus and Richard Carrier wrote a piece on it exposing many many lies Ehrman used. So because of how many people out there will write books on subjects and claim to be "experts" it's important to have some type of standard.
So real historians are the ones who have the time to check sources and do the work. I started reading history thinking information was easy to get and everyone tells the truth but I was so wrong.
So when it comes to historical information I think it's important to see how a work fares with peer review.

Right now we know Mark was the first gospel but we don't know if Paul knew of the Mark gospel or if Paul was referencing some other scripture when he mentioned scripture.
We do know ACTS is fiction, there are several good peer reviewed books on that topic. Acts says Jesus had a brother but we are pretty sure that Acts is a fiction made up by the church mach later, to give Jesus and Paul certain features they wanted him to have (like a brother)
In the Paulean letters is where the other reference to "brother" is but many scholars believe this is a reference to "brothers in the lord" type brother.

That is the extent of the "brother" thing.

chasman

thank you for your reply Joelr.
what do you think about Hell and Satan?
do you think they exist?

Joelr

thank you for your reply Joelr.
what do you think about Hell and Satan?
do you think they exist?

Well I am a mythicist meaning I believe the latest work by pHD Richard Carrier proves the Jesus story was 100% mythology.
The demonology - hell/Satan - comes from the same place the dying/rising messiah demigod comes from, originally Zorastrinisim then into several other religions then came a Jewish version which was Jesus.

If you read this blog post:
https://www.richardcarrier.info/archives/13890

you will see that all of Christianity is taken from pagan sources which originated from Zorastrianism. So that included Satan and hell. Judaism didn't have any afterlife or evil Satan god before the Persian invasion, then suddenly you see that stuff appearing in the OT. The Persians were the Zorastrianism people.

So I believe the idea of Satan and hell is a pagan idea (we know it is) and the only connection to reality is that it's a metaphor.
Do bad things and bad things might happen to you. Promote violence and eventually you will get violence.
That is a general rule, not 100% because peaceful people also meet violent ends as well. So nothing is 100% but it seems like a good metaphor.
Hell and Satan are one of the things I mean by "outdated", it's ancient demonology that no longer serves us because most people don't believe that stuff is literal anymore.

chasman

thank you.
fascinating. I skimmed that article.
wow. so much I have absolutely no clue about.
I'm looking forward to reading more.
thank you again.

Michael Sternbach

Hey folks,

Good to "see" you. Haven't been around for awhile.  :)

Just for the record, Christ's Ventriloquists, if anything, lends support to the statements Seth makes towards the end of Seth Speaks. For one thing (running from memory), he does say there that Paul was overly zealous in his approach to spreading the new religion and consequently messed up. And Zuesse's book (which I haven't read yet, though I am surely going to) seems to greatly illustrate and elaborate on this important point.

Seth also emphasizes that the story around the Crucifixion was primarily a psychic event, meaningful in its own right, while much of it didn't occur on the physical level. That again seems consistent with Zuesse's hypothesis, according to which the content of the Gospels was partially contrived for 'political' reasons.

But Zuesse does NOT suggest that the story of Jesus had no foundation in reality whatsoever, rather, he hints (in the introduction) at those mentions of Jesus in sources outside the Biblical Gospels. Just saying that those sources didn't have any appreciable impact on Christianity overall. Again, he seems quite in keeping with Seth's view.

Some such (Gnostic) texts are at odds with the story of the Crucifixion, much like Seth's version of the historical events. So more power to him.

However, I learned quickly that there is no safer way to upset even a moderate Christian more than by questioning the reality of the Crucifixion.  ;D Whereas personally, I always cared more for Jesus's teachings, as they have come down to us also outside the Biblical Gospels, most note-worthy in the Gospel of Thomas. Great wisdom in there, IMO! And it strikes me as weird that some devout Christians refuse to even look at this and certain other apocryphal texts.

I may have additional remarks to make once I have read Christ's Ventriloquists, and reread the relevant chapter of Seth Speaks.

For the time being, I just applaud Seth and Jane Roberts for their psychic foresight as well as courage to present what now looks like a more accurate picture of what actually happened in those days, published at a time when there was basically no critical discussion allowed yet regarding it.

Deb

Quote from: Michael Sternbach
I may have additional remarks to make once I have read Christ's Ventriloquists

Please do! At this point all I can think is that the whole Christ story was for the most part a fabrication, as well as the quotes, actions and history attributed to him. Seth does indicate that there was a Jesus person who did exist in reality, but the facts around his existence and history are for the most part legend. Which is what I personally feel and can accept.

Even such a basic tenet as the Golden Rule, attributed solely to Jesus in my upbringing, has historical roots beyond the scope Christ and Christianity.

Joelr

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule#Ancient_India

I would wait and see what scholarship has to say about Eric Zuesse's work. Check out the reviews from scholars to see how accurate his work is.

LarryH

I do not recall a source for this tidbit, but I once heard or read that one of my favorite quotes attributed to Jesus, defending an accused woman about to be stoned, "He who is without sin, let him throw the first stone," was not in the earliest known version of the gospels - it was added later.

Deb

Nice one Larry! There are a lot of great adages from the bible. I've always loved adages in general because they contain eternal truths in just a few words. Another favorite of mine is the "first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will be able to see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

People still seem to have trouble with that one.  ;)

Sena

Another favorite of mine is the "first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will be able to see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."
Deb, not sitting in judgement on other people is a clear message from Seth.

Deb

Yes, true. And to not judge ourselves, to trust that who and what we are, as individuals, have a purpose. Charity begins at home, right?

I had the weirdest thought today that the return of the Christ personality could be Seth. I'll have to think about that some more. Judging by all the Seth Facebook groups and pages and members, his message is certainly stronger and more widely spread than ever before. World wide. Having that many Seth readers (who actually understand the materials and the messages) has to be good for humanity as a whole, don't you think? The trinity of Seth, Jane and Rob made the seed planting a possibility, and the message continues to grow far and wide. Laurel marrying Rob was no accident either, she's much younger than Jane and Rob and I think it was pre-planned in F2 that she would continue to carry the torch after Jane and Rob passed. Laurel helped Rob publish books after Jane passed, so she knows the process.

Ron put this up on FB, it caught my attention:

"Physically speaking, man's purpose is to help enrich the quality of existence in all of its dimensions. Spiritually speaking, his purpose is to understand the qualities of love and creativity, to intellectually and physically understand the sources of his being, and lovingly create other dimensions of reality of which his is presently unaware."

Dreams, Evolution I, Session 901

Sena

I had the weirdest thought today that the return of the Christ personality could be Seth.
That is a distinct (and exciting) possibility.
Seth would not have said so explicitly, as that would have been blowing his own trumpet.
This is a gospel quotation:

"And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. He who has ears, let him hear. To what can I compare this generation? They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others."

http://biblehub.com/matthew/11-15.htm

Michael Sternbach

Yes, true. And to not judge ourselves, to trust that who and what we are, as individuals, have a purpose. Charity begins at home, right?

I had the weirdest thought today that the return of the Christ personality could be Seth. I'll have to think about that some more. Judging by all the Seth Facebook groups and pages and members, his message is certainly stronger and more widely spread than ever before. World wide. Having that many Seth readers (who actually understand the materials and the messages) has to be good for humanity as a whole, don't you think? The trinity of Seth, Jane and Rob made the seed planting a possibility, and the message continues to grow far and wide. Laurel marrying Rob was no accident either, she's much younger than Jane and Rob and I think it was pre-planned in F2 that she would continue to carry the torch after Jane and Rob passed. Laurel helped Rob publish books after Jane passed, so she knows the process.

Ron put this up on FB, it caught my attention:

"Physically speaking, man's purpose is to help enrich the quality of existence in all of its dimensions. Spiritually speaking, his purpose is to understand the qualities of love and creativity, to intellectually and physically understand the sources of his being, and lovingly create other dimensions of reality of which his is presently unaware."

Dreams, Evolution I, Session 901

That's an interesting view, but I don't think it to be correct in a literal sense. Seth's description of the return of the Christ entity is too detailed for that.

Personally, I imagine that this individual will have a broad understanding of all the major spiritual and esoteric bodies of knowledge, and that would include the Seth material to be sure, so foundational to many of the more modern spiritual approaches.

Rather than limiting himself to any particular system (traditional or modern), he will demonstrate how they all refer to certain common topics, although sometimes looking at them from different perspectives. Based on that, the utter folly of waging war over divergent religious views should become entirely obvious to any but the most ignorant human beings. (Okay, ideally speaking.)

I further assume that the reincarnated Christ will also show ways to reconcile the spiritual with the scientific view, along the lines suggested by the Seth books.

All this seems to me in keeping with Seth's announcement that the reincarnated Christ will provide humanity with a much needed new 'metaphysical system of thought.'

Thoughts? (No pun intended.)
Cool Cool x 1 View List

Deb

Quote from: Michael Sternbach
That's an interesting view, but I don't think it to be correct in a literal sense. Seth's description of the return of the Christ entity is too detailed for that.
. . .
Thoughts? (No pun intended.)

Shhhhh. I'm still enjoying the new perspective that Seth may be the Returned One. I've been too busy with work to do much more than think about that, but I intend to go over what he said about that topic with this new perspective in mind and see if anything looks different now. Little tidbits keep coming to mind. I could certainly be chasing after a red herring, but right now it has captured my imagination and I like that. And as far as I can tell, what you said in your post does not contradict that possibility.

I should also probably read this topic again from the beginning. Ouch, by far it is the most popular topic in the history of this forum. 23,707 views, 290 replies. This will be 291.

chasman

hey Deb,
     just felt like chiming in.
this is my opinion. it is the way I see things right now.
I am not able to quote from the Bible and Scripture. I will probably make misteaks (har har de har).
but I hope the general gist will be clear, of how I see things.
I could be wrong about some things. but this is what I think anyway............

Seth was more advanced than Jesus.
Seth taught about and described love stuff.
a loving creative benevolent life energy force. all that is.
he did not talk about being God fearing.
he talked about love.
he did not talk about the threat of hell, and eternal damnation, and the devil if you did not believe in God and follow the commandments.
he talked about this Earthly existence being a school for all of us. we are here as students learning how to use energy. we are here to learn how to use energy in constructive ways. not destructive. constructive.
thats my thinking.
it would be interesting to hear a conversation between Jesus and Seth.
what would Jesus have to say about Seth's ideas regarding hell and eternal damnation?
wow, I would so love to know.
I just so prefer and love the idea of an all loving God force, compared to a mean punishing angry God.

Sena

Yes.
Quotehe did not talk about the threat of hell, and eternal damnation, and the devil if you did not believe in God and follow the commandments.
He corrected Jesus's mistakes.

Sena

but I intend to go over what he said about that topic with this new perspective in mind and see if anything looks different now. Little tidbits keep coming to mind.
"Now: the message of the Christ entity was, in religious terms "You are all children of God—the 'sinner' as well as the saint." Indeed, according to the original Christ thesis, while a man could sin, no man was identified as a sinner. He was not identified with his failures or limitations, but instead with his potential.

The Christ entity knew the vitality, power, and strength of myths. That vitality allows for different readings, of course, and through man's changing development he reads his myths differently, yet they serve as containers for intuitional knowledge.

Christ's thesis was inserted into a Jewish tradition dealing deeply with guilt, and the new thesis was meant to temper that tradition, and to spread beyond it. Instead, while carrying the belief in man's potential, Christianity smothered the thesis beneath a slag heap of old guilt. Guilt can be used to manipulate people, of course, and it is a fine tool in the hands of government, religion, science, or any large organization that wants to retain its power.

Christ dealt with myths, once again—potent ones that stood for inner realities. Christ clothed those realities in colorful stories geared to people's understanding. I am using the name here, Christ, as one person for the sake of discussion, for that entity touched many lives, each leaping into a kind of super-reality as it joyfully played its part in the religious drama."

—TPS4 Deleted Session January 9, 1978

Deb

he talked about love.
he did not talk about the threat of hell, and eternal damnation, and the devil if you did not believe in God and follow the commandments.

Thanks for chiming in, I'm with you as far as avoiding quoting the bible. And this too is just my personal feeling, since I'm certainly no biblical scholar. Just the opposite actually.

I agree that Seth is more advanced than the character we understand to be Jesus from the New Testament, but my feeling is that everything the NT says about him has been completely fabricated to fit various religious agendas over the millennia. Words attributed to having been said by him were not even written down until decades(?) after his 'death.' Seth's teachings feel more entity-level to me, beyond the scope of one individual consciousness. Wise and benevolent with knowledge way beyond this plane of existence.

There may have been a man Jesus, I have no reason to doubt that, he had new ideas and was more loving in his teachings about ATI than what the Old-T Rabbis were maintaining, but any truth about the man has been dressed up and remade and disguised. Or as Seth said about his own teachings, the teachings of Speakers over the ages:

Rob: "I was just wondering why a body of knowledge like this couldn't have accumulated over the centuries, slowly."

Seth: "It has. But it has been taken into various doctrines and religions that have grown up about it until it is almost unrecognizable. Bits of it appear here and there, scattered, distorted and misleading. It comes naked and everyone must put clothing on it, which usually ends up as either nonsense or armored dogma."

The Early Sessions, Book 1, Session 34

An interesting twist to the Jesus story came through Facebook today. I'll add it in a spoiler because it's long and no one may be interested in reading it. But basically, it adds Jesus stories from Indian, Japanese and Muslim folklore. There's actually a "Tomb of Christ" in Japan, supposedly recognized by Israel (whatever that means).

Sorry but you must log in to view spoiler contents.

chasman

thank you very much for your reply Sena.
thank you for all you wrote Deb.
I love reading everything you write.
here are a couple more thoughts of mine.
the Christian Jesus, God the Father stuff is riddled with hypocrisy.
God loves us, and is all forgiving.
but, he'll send you to hell forever, if you don't believe in him, and obey him.
that is sooooooooo bad.
the Seth description of the almighty higher power All That Is, is super excellent.
All That Is, is "all that".
do you get my play on words? "all that"

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/all-that

"superior, as good as it gets"

edit:  more thoughts.
its the utter meanness that I find so awful beyond words to describe though.
what kind of a God is that mean. that unforgiving. that messed up, that he (or she or it) sends you to hell forever? I think its absolutely awful.

Sena

what kind of a God is that mean. that unforgiving. that messed up, that he (or she or it) sends you to hell forever?
It all boils down to money. The Catholic Church became powerful because it was able to attract a lot of money in donations. You could be saved from hell if you gave money to the Church. This was called an "indulgence".

" .....in the later Middle Ages growth of considerable abuses occurred. Greedy commissaries sought to extract the maximum amount of money for each indulgence. Professional "pardoners" - who were sent to collect alms for a specific project - practiced the unrestricted sale of indulgences. Many of these quaestores exceeded official Church doctrine, whether in avarice or ignorant zeal, and promised rewards like salvation from eternal damnation in return for money."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence

chasman

wow. thank you very much Sena.
just amazing.

strangerthings

What a bummer I deleted all my postings 🙄

Ahhh live and learn....🙃

I cant encourage enough to hear out Neville Goddard !

———

I learned in the world of vision and dreams (where God/Entity) talks that the letter "O" in the bible and in language, is .... "Inner Fire". ( you know how in the bible is states something like , "O, lord" or something to that nature)

I have learned more but it would require me to go through my journals and perhaps one day I will for sharing purposes.

I was also taught (from same place) that Jupiter represents the Imagination.  That blew my mind but yet, made complete sense!

I am always being taught things and do not always remember because I put myself through a lot of stress 😬 and .... well.... getting to "know thyself" is a reckoning that is.... beyond my wildest dreams! 

I honestly feel that I am always in classes LOL

This physical life is certainly ... not all there is!

There is 100% no disbelief in me when in the other worlds ... we are being taught, however, are we listening yet?

lol

Im also of the belief that Christianity is SO CLOSE to being in shambles right now.

The pope teaches from the serpents head mouth ( viper thing) and he has that creepy thing behind him with some kind of alien looking monster coming out from it with "Jesus"?????

That aint no Jesus! Nor does it inspire love and your very own Divine Right To Rule!!!!!

I dont know WHAT THAT IS!

And yes, I do understand that the serpent is wisdom, "Be thou as wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove"... and well that freakish thing behind the pope is not gentle like at all. It looks like pure torment! 🥱🥱🥱

Hell is YOUR OWN creations. Its a mind set - a state of mind. Think how many people are literally miserable right now. Thats hell.

Neville teaches Satan is the DOUBTER. The doubter that you create your reality. The doubter that creeps into your mind and has you questioning all the lovely things, or to doubt anything when you feel one way Satan comes in (your doubting self) to play around with your beliefs. Testing your faith in yourself!

Test the faith he says ...along with Paul.. test it and SEE. 🤗 meaning, test your operant power, create reality, etc.

Which we are all here I assume doing just that with the Seth material.

Seth says the 12 fragments of you orbit Christ the Inner Self, Neville says the 12 disciples are your disciplines to master and orbit Christ. (Not exact words I am paraphrazing)

It has NOTHING TO DO with the zodiac if thats your operant power you have the WRONG God simply because , YOU Are the Operant Power.

You move the stars, you tell your thoughts what to think.

They have ZERO power over you.

💪🏻💪🏻🔥🔥💪🏻💪🏻❤️❤️🤗

Not everyone will listen to Neville, cool fine I get it. However, lol, when you start experiencing certain things, Neville will help you. And then the Seth material can be woven back in little by little and it all just WORKS.

Seth was very tricky and very sneaky with where the information is put out in the books, how he says things and describes things...lol And my experiences have grown and I can now understand so much better than before finding Neville, I can say we are truly truly powerful, divine, awesome, all that fun good stuff. We do not give ourselves IMHO, nearly enough credit on a private individual basis. Pride and ego get in the way, as well our beliefs about the word God. IMO

I had no choice but to come to terms with the word Jesus, Christ, God, Entity.

I went through 6 years of my experiences and I was very stressed out 🤪

Why? Because I DESPISE CHURCH PROTOCOL and I was NOT religious!!

Down with the blue bloods!!!!!
(church protocol)

IMHO the jealous God, 😏 is you. Your Outer Being. Do you like being told what to do? Do you enjoy someone else towering over you demanding your attention? Or better yet, "worship me or else!" ( governments, authorities, movements) I am going to guess that is a big fat no! Thats all that is in its most simplest form. The tricky part imho is the ego (outer man/ outer being) doesnt want to hear the inner man/inner self. Quite a pickle teehee and boohoo howdy can we react. And over react ! Do as I say not as I do 😆

Neville Goddard does an excellent job at explaining all of it. How the bible is salvation history not LITERAL. You will never find the ark of the covenant buried in dirt some place because it is within you! You will never find anyone buried in a physical location because all the "people" in the bible are states of mind. All the names have etymologies and "definitions". Period. The bible is told in ways that these writers have experienced. They have each done an amazing job.

The key point in creating reality once you learn how, is not just be about you! If you know someone stuck in their story rewrite it as they speak. Dont hear their story hear them in the outcome they desire. Also, FORGIVE, everyone. That is not their inner self doing things, it is a state of mind they are learning and expanding from. If you know anyone hungry and broke, lift them up with your operant power! And forgive all the horrors of all the world. Besides, what people do isnt our business. Whats so great keeping people enslaved to a state .... in your mind. Free them! For you are the center of your world, and the world is all of us each, pushed out. ( pushed out.... all your nightmares and loveliness are literally unfolding in your world, including how you see people)

Seth says we have a spiritual drama , a cosmic spiritual drama we are playing out.

You think Seth is tricky? Your Entity is even MORE tricky!!!!!! 🔥😂🤪🥳

🤓 Thanks for reading this if you did. I know its a lot typed out hahaha 🤷🏼‍♀️

"If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you've always had."

[I edit for typos 😁]
Like Like x 2 View List

Joelr

he talked about love.

Thanks for chiming in, I'm with you as far as avoiding quoting the bible. And this too is just my personal feeling, since I'm certainly no biblical scholar. Just the opposite actually.

I agree that Seth is more advanced than the character we understand to be Jesus from the New Testament, but my feeling is that everything the NT says about him has been completely fabricated to fit various religious agendas over the millennia. Words attributed to having been said by him were not even written down until decades(?) after his 'death.' Seth's teachings feel more entity-level to me, beyond the scope of one individual consciousness. Wise and benevolent with knowledge way beyond this plane of existence.

There may have been a man Jesus, I have no reason to doubt that, he had new ideas and was more loving in his teachings about ATI than what the Old-T Rabbis were maintaining, but any truth about the man has been dressed up and remade and disguised. Or as Seth said about his own teachings, the teachings of Speakers over the ages:

Rob: "I was just wondering why a body of knowledge like this couldn't have accumulated over the centuries, slowly."

Seth: "It has. But it has been taken into various doctrines and religions that have grown up about it until it is almost unrecognizable. Bits of it appear here and there, scattered, distorted and misleading. It comes naked and everyone must put clothing on it, which usually ends up as either nonsense or armored dogma."

An interesting twist to the Jesus story came through Facebook today. I'll add it in a spoiler because it's long and no one may be interested in reading it. But basically, it adds Jesus stories from Indian, Japanese and Muslim folklore. There's actually a "Tomb of Christ" in Japan, supposedly recognized by Israel (whatever that means).

Sorry but you must log in to view spoiler contents.

All that stuff is after the 1st century.
Besides the Persian influence Christianity looks to be a combination of common Hellenistic religious ideas with Judaism. These savior religions were influencing all religions in that area and time.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Hellenistic-religion

"This led to a change from concern for a religion of national prosperity to one for individual salvation, from focus on a particular ethnic group to concern for every human. The prophet or saviour replaced the priest and king as the chief religious figure. "

"With few exceptions, each of these religions, originally tied to a specific geographic area and people, had traditions extending back centuries before the Hellenistic period. In their homeland they were inextricably tied to local loyalties and ambitions. Each persisted in its native land with little perceptible change save for its becoming linked to nationalistic or messianic movements (centring on a deliverer figure) "

So it wasn't just Judaism but most religions in the Mediterranean were established early and then from 300B.C to 300A.D incorporated a savior demigod, apocalyptic ideas and all that familiar stuff.

The popular teachings of Jesus that we know were already being taught before Jesus. One example is Hillel the Elder:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillel_the_Elder

So I'm not sure why Seth talks about the religion as if it was real? It's basically another version of Osirus or Romulus.

I was wrong about Bart Ehrman, he's an excellent historian.
Like Like x 2 View List

Sena

Quote from: strangerthings
Seth says we have a spiritual drama , a cosmic spiritual drama we are playing out.

You think Seth is tricky? Your Entity is even MORE tricky!!!!!! 🔥😂🤪🥳

🤓 Thanks for reading this if you did. I know its a lot typed out hahaha 🤷🏼‍♀️

strangerthings, that is a very interesting idea. If my Entity were simple and straightforward, life would be boring!
Like Like x 1 View List

strangerthings

Wow wow wow

I was looking through Seth today as I was posting and I came across this I had not registered in my consciousness to ego ... until a few minutes ago!

——

" It seemed he went from one extreme to another, being against Christ and then for him. But the inner vehemence was always present, the inner fire, and the recognition that he tried for so long to hide."

I dont know what to say! LOL

😍🔥🔥🔥😍

You WILL NEVER FIND Christ buried in dirt or entombed in a physical location of some country!
Never never never and no one will convince me otherwise!

Christ is WITHIN you. Christ is you the Inner Man. Man as humanity. Not man as male.
This is not up for debate for me. Ever again. LOLOL 🥳🤪🤗🤗🤗

Entity Inner Self True and Faithful Self a portion of ALL THAT IS.
"Arise O Sleeper"

Man wow!

I am a bit blown away right now 🤣

Deb

So I'm not sure why Seth talks about the religion as if it was real? It's basically another version of Osirus or Romulus.

My take is that Seth treated religion as a creation of man, dramatic distortions with some seeds of truth beneath. I got the impression that all the religious dramas around the person known to Christians as Jesus were made up or attributed to him incorrectly in order to build the desired narrative. Seth also often used language that "we" understand, at our level. I also have no doubt that Jane had blocks and hangups about religion, causing more distortions. Rob seemed to be the one more interested in it.

I now see the Christ "personality" as an entity, not a religious figure, but was made into one by Christians. Jesus, Saul and John and others would be incarnations of the entity, if they did exist at all. I could also see Jesus as a speaker, again if he even existed. If a return is coming, it would be yet another incarnation of that entity. It's been hinted it will be a remake of Saul, getting a second chance to work it out. IDK.

"Any problems that were not faced in this life will, however, be faced in another one. "

Roberts, Jane. Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul (A Seth Book) . Amber-Allen Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Joelr

My take is that Seth treated religion as a creation of man, dramatic distortions with some seeds of truth beneath. I got the impression that all the religious dramas around the person known to Christians as Jesus were made up or attributed to him incorrectly in order to build the desired narrative. Seth also often used language that "we" understand, at our level. I also have no doubt that Jane had blocks and hangups about religion, causing more distortions. Rob seemed to be the one more interested in it.

I now see the Christ "personality" as an entity, not a religious figure, but was made into one by Christians. Jesus, Saul and John and others would be incarnations of the entity, if they did exist at all. I could also see Jesus as a speaker, again if he even existed. If a return is coming, it would be yet another incarnation of that entity. It's been hinted it will be a remake of Saul, getting a second chance to work it out. IDK.

"Any problems that were not faced in this life will, however, be faced in another one. "

Roberts, Jane. Seth Speaks: The Eternal Validity of the Soul (A Seth Book) . Amber-Allen Publishing. Kindle Edition.

I get what you are saying. The historicity of Jesus and the myth is that dying/rising savior demigods were a popular religion that started out as a Greek creation (Hellinism) and made it's way into all of the religions in the region. The concept is a son or daughter of a sky-father type god who is a personal savior to all members who believe in him. The "savior" aspect is through baptism and belief into the religion you get into the afterlife.
Oddly enough the idea of a "soul" and heaven as a place where sould originate and end is also a Greek creation that other religions adapted.

So this is a bit different than how Seth spoke on it. Maybe it was a distortion by Jane like you mentioned.

I was shocked to learn some of these historical facts when I started reading scholarship about the period - This is not what we are taught growing up in church! Scholars don't run around shouting "hey all your religions are myth" because it would piss off people. Especially people who donate heavily to universities but are religious. So it's kind of kept hush hush. You have to read PhD historians books.

"During the period of the Second Temple (c. 515 BC – 70 AD), the Hebrew people lived under the rule of first the Persian Achaemenid Empire, then the Greek kingdoms of the Diadochi, and finally the Roman Empire.[48] Their culture was profoundly influenced by those of the peoples who ruled them.[48] Consequently, their views on existence after death were profoundly shaped by the ideas of the Persians, Greeks, and Romans.[49][50] The idea of the immortality of the soul is derived from Greek philosophy[50] and the idea of the resurrection of the dead is derived from Persian cosmology.[50] By the early first century AD, these two seemingly incompatible ideas were often conflated by Hebrew thinkers.[50] The Hebrews also inherited from the Persians, Greeks, and Romans the idea that the human soul originates in the divine realm and seeks to return there.[48] The idea that a human soul belongs in Heaven and that Earth is merely a temporary abode in which the soul is tested to prove its worthiness became increasingly popular during the Hellenistic period (323 – 31 BC).[40] Gradually, some Hebrews began to adopt the idea of Heaven as the eternal home of the righteous dead.[40]"

They way it's understood in the history field is MArk was the first gospel and the others were just reinterpretations of Mark. Mark itself was written using Pauls letters, Psalms, Kings and some other outside sources to create a savior God myth combined with Judaism.
So in that aspect Seth is way off. Again, maybe Jane had ideas that conflicted with Seth? I don't know what to make of it?
Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

So this is a bit different than how Seth spoke on it. Maybe it was a distortion by Jane like you mentioned.

Actually when I was reading your post, I could see the similarities between what Seth said, and what the religions have distorted it into. (Seth Speaks: "While your religions are built around an enduring kernel of truth, the symbolism used was craftily selected by the inner self in line with its knowledge of those root assumptions you hold as valid in the physical universe.")

I also reread Chapter 17 in Seth Speaks, where he talks about, among other things, religious symbolism and Speakers. Seth said:

Their message was as "pure" and undistorted as possible. It was for this reason however, through the centuries, that many who heard it translated it into parables and tales. Now, strong portions of Jewish scriptures carry traces of the message of these early Speakers, but even here, distortions have hidden the messages.

And:

So the religions have their sky-father god, while in the Seth materials it is non-physical ATI and the entity/soul. Religions have the son/daughter of the god, while in Seth it is us, as physical offshoots of our entity soul ("You are one manifestation of your own soul.")

As far as I'm concerned, the rest of the stuff, the baptisms and other religious ceremonies, the rules to get into heaven, punishment by an angry god, and let's not forget tithing— were all made up. In order explain the unknown or better yet, control people. And ensure a steady income to those who can convince people it's all true.  ;D
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

strangerthings

Seth: "It has. But it has been taken into various doctrines and religions that have grown up about it until it is almost unrecognizable. Bits of it appear here and there, scattered, distorted and misleading. It comes naked and everyone must put clothing on it, which usually ends up as either nonsense or armored dogma." [/i]

So the religions have their sky-father god, while in the Seth materials it is non-physical ATI and the entity/soul. Religions have the son/daughter of the god, while in Seth it is us, as physical offshoots of our entity soul ("You are one manifestation of your own soul.")

As far as I'm concerned, the rest of the stuff, the baptisms and other religious ceremonies, the rules to get into heaven, punishment by an angry god, and let's not forget tithing— were all made up. In order explain the unknown or better yet, control people. And ensure a steady income to those who can convince people it's all true.  ;D

When I saw this baby... I had not put Seth's knowledge into my understanding...I could not comprehend it all

Here I am thinking when first seeing this baby...coming not birthed...I thought...ufos...a ufo baby....For real wth does that mean 🤣 Thats what I was thinking at the time.

Because it happened learning what Seth is teaching. Before NLP. Granted the more I was rearranging the mental furniture using NLP, the more it happened, then more dreams and more visions....and 5/6 years later...Neville...🤣

Seriously, for a 100% non religious person I was BAFFLED. I poked fun at the bible, they sounded insane, murdering, vampires, pedos, you name it I had a name! I have despised church all my life. My mom literally had to drag me by my ear and hair to go. I was the little girl running the hallways and sneaking into closed doors and scopin out this church lol... sunday school? Sooooo not for me.

Then she made me go to "big church"...zzzzzzzzz snore fest doodle fest lalalala... no idea what they were saying I just knew from day one church is not for me. When I was forced to get baptized by brother John (Cuz thats not hilarious now all unto itself lol ) .. I sprained my ankle in that stupid tub thing.. slipped and twisted it...lol... I was so mad lol  Ahhh kodak moment in my mind 😁🥰 my little child self thought they were all nuts calling me a sinner... pish posh I rebelled all I could. I think the only time I enjoyed it was when I got candy for finding a verse faster than everyone else lololol I just wanted the competitiveness and candy.  (I was big into dancing and sports) 

LOL

So, for me? Ha

Imagine my surprise ...🤪

Its been me all along, and I will shout from the highest mountain "I love my Beloved!"

"Armored dogma"

Exactly!

We do love our muck. "Armored muck!" 😂 guard it for life! Insanity! Hold tight to it! For "dear life".

That phrase armored dogma had me bust out laughing in total agreement. I remember when I guarded my muck for all its precious worth. I thank it for the lessons now. 2x4's have become a specialty of mine hahahahaha

Armored dogma ... "Do as we say not as we do, or else!"

Ppppttthhhhhh

Now Neville and Seth make so much sense and I weave them together like making a basket.

For me it just fits. Both lead you to yourself. Inside.

"Come, eat my bread and drink of the wind that I have mingled, forsake the foolish and live." – Proverbs 9:56

strangerthings

Tithing!

This brings us to that much abused statement of the Bible on tithing. Teachers of all kinds have enslaved man with this affair of tithing, for not themselves understanding the nature of tithing and being themselves fearful of lack, they have led their followers to believe that a tenth part of their income should be given to the Lord. Meaning, as they make very clear, that, when one gives a tenth part of his income to their particular organization he is giving his "tenth part" to the Lord - (or is tithing).

But remember, "I AM " the Lord." Your awareness of being is the God that you give to and you ever give in this manner.Therefore when you claim yourself to be anything, you have given that claim or quality to God. And your awareness of being, which is no respecter of persons, will return to you pressed down, shaken together, and running over with that quality or attribute which you claim for yourself.

Awareness of being is nothing that you could ever name. To claim God to be rich; to be great; to be love; to be all wise; is to define that which cannot be defined. For God is nothing that could ever be named.
Tithing is necessary and you do tithe with God. But from now on give to the only God and see to it that you give him the quality that you desire as man to express by claiming yourself to be the great, the wealthy, the loving, the all wise.

Do not speculate as to how you shall express these qualities or claims, for life has a way that you, as man, know not of. Its ways are past finding out. But, I assure you, the day you claim these qualities to the point of conviction, your claims will be honored. There is nothing covered that shall be uncovered. That which is spoken in secret shall be proclaimed from the housetops. That is, your secret convictions of yourself- these secret claims that no man knows of, when really believed, will be shouted from the housetops in your world. For your convictions of yourself are the words of the God within you, which words are spirit and cannot return unto you void but must accomplish whereunto they are sent.

[Neville Goddard - At Your Command pg 16]

https://archive.org/details/NevilleGoddardWorkbooks/1939_at_your_command/mode/1up

You do not give tithing to the church armored dogma... its given to YOU 😂
Fancy that!
It makes so much more sense to me. For me it helps wash away the dirt.

My thanks for reading if you did 😁

You ARE the One you have been waiting for!

Sena

My mom literally had to drag me by my ear and hair to go. I was the little girl running the hallways and sneaking into closed doors and scopin out this church lol... sunday school? Sooooo not for me.

Then she made me go to "big church"...zzzzzzzzz snore fest doodle fest lalalala... no idea what they were saying I just knew from day one church is not for me. When I was forced to get baptized by brother John (Cuz thats not hilarious now all unto itself lol ) .. I sprained my ankle in that stupid tub thing.. slipped and twisted it...lol... I was so mad lol  Ahhh kodak moment in my mind 😁🥰 my little child self thought they were all nuts calling me a sinner... pish posh I rebelled all I could. I think the only time I enjoyed it was when I got candy for finding a verse faster than everyone else lololol I just wanted the competitiveness and candy. 
St, thanks for sharing your experiences. I was brought up Roman Catholic, so no baptism in tubs for us. An uncle of mine was an RC priest. He came to visit us when I was 25 years old. He was quite a nice person and I enjoyed meeting him. At the time I was reading "Heart of Darkness" by Jospeh Conrad (The movie "Apocalypse Now" is based on it). When my uncle saw the book, he told me I should not be reading books like that! What it means is that anyone who calls himself Christian does NOT want us to know the truth about life.
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

[Neville Goddard - At Your Command pg 16]

https://archive.org/details/NevilleGoddardWorkbooks/1939_at_your_command/mode/1up

You do not give tithing to the church armored dogma... its given to YOU 😂
Fancy that!
It makes so much more sense to me. For me it helps wash away the dirt.
St, thanks for that Neville Goddard link:

QuoteThis brings us to that much abused statement of the Bible on tithing. Teachers of
all kinds have enslaved man with this affair of tithing, for not themselves understanding the
nature of tithing and being themselves fearful of lack, they have led their followers to
believe that a tenth part of their income should be given to the Lord. Meaning, as they
make very clear, that, when one gives a tenth part of his income to their particular
organization he is giving his "tenth part" to the Lord - (or is tithing). But remember, "I
AM " the Lord." Your awareness of being is the God that you give to and you ever give in
this manner.

Therefore when you claim yourself to be anything, you have given that claim or
quality to God. And your awareness of being, which is no respecter of persons, will return
to you pressed down, shaken together, and running over with that quality or attribute
which you claim for yourself.

Neville's idea of God is very similar to Seth's idea of All That Is. If anyone thinks of All That Is as being "up there", that would be incorrect.
Like Like x 1 View List

strangerthings

The Bible

Seth:

"The Bible is a language that you no longer understand. Words used told a story, yet certain words had a different meaning than the literal interpretation of the word. Certain key words in other words, if you will forgive me, were highly symbolic, and if you read the Bible along one surface line then you read a story highly ambiguous, called by many, but if you understood the meaning of the Word, as divorced from the literal interpretation of the Word, then you read an allegory and the allegory was highly important.

It is too late this evening to go into the allegory of the Bible. I have, to some extent, done some work on this in my own book, thus far. People in the Bible often were the personification of certain human characteristics. If, for example, a point were to be made along these lines, the following could happen— Say that you wanted to express the human characteristics that can lead to disaster, that can lead a man to betray another. Now, you are familiar with morality plays so in our story we take the term deceit and we give it a name and we make a person out of deceit and we call it, for example, Judas."

—TECS2 ESP Class Session, December 22, 1970

I want to add that Jesus called Judas "Friend" right before Jesus' command is followed through.
"What you MUST DO do it quickly."

The old self artfully dies. Willingly. Becoming and expanding into ........
👇👇👇👇
https://archive.org/details/NevilleGoddard003/the_story_of_judas
🤠

Neo dove into his counterself Mr Smith, rewrote the code.
Then multiple counters of Neo appeared as he expanded most powerfully.
Counter gets the Oracle eye, The All Seeing Eye lol and Neo IS Superman, born Superman just had to think his way into the egg.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

----

No one will ever find anyone buried in a physical location from the bi-b-le because it is all WITHIN you.
You... are.....the One..... you have been waiting for.

Be-tray: to reveal the hidden mystery of who Jesus is.(or some thing hidden)

BE THE TRAIT. REVEAL WHO YOU REALLY ARE TO YOURSELF. TEST THE FAITH.

Jesus is the sacred feminine, your Divine Human Imagination.
"I and the Father are One." - Jesus

Por-tray: to express in words or picture, what is thought, felt, imagined.
Por-trait: the outcome expressed from thought. See portray.
Trait: a characteristic, an aspect of a, person, place, thing, that generally stands out in a distinguished way.
Por:  forth
But, BEtray is YOU revealing your hidden, distinguished, PORtrait of yourself, others, and the world you live in.

LIVING BE BEINGNESS. Draw it forth! From within! Arise O sleeper!

portraien, "to draw, paint" (something), from Anglo-French purtraire, Old French portraire "to draw, to paint, portray" (12c.), literally "trace, draw forth," from por- "forth" (from Latin pro-; see pro-) + traire "trace, draw," from Latin trahere "to drag, draw" (see tract (n.1)). Meaning "depict in words, describe" is from late 14c. Related: Portrayed; portrayer; portraying.
Latin protrahere was "to draw forth" but in Medieval Latin also "to draw, paint."

Betray=To draw, to speak, what is hidden, to BE what is hidden.
.... you should see the definitions they like to throw our way for "betray" 🤣...🙄
tryin to keep the SAME LIE perpetuating!

Nope not gonna fly anymore 🤓

ALL   THAT   IS
   I AM  THAT  I AM

❤️🔥🔥🔥❤️

Joydivided

Quote from: voidypaul on May 14, 2016, 02:33:13 PMHi Beth,
              the new Christ will be male . This society is not sufficiently advanced enuf to accept a woman , sad but true .  He will be a poor man, naturally , he is not here for the rich + famous except to kick their asses back into human gear. What on earth do you mean by Him being the matrix itself ? 

Hi Deb,
          ''Although I'm the least religious person I know ''

Yes i can understand your dislike of the run of the mill religions but do you understand the inner religiosity of the self ?

I can hear you pulling at your hair + screetching , what the fck does he mean , this is a Seth site .  But my dear this inner religiosity exists in Seth himself + even Seth 2 hahahhahahahahahahahaha , i bet thats gonna fck with your mind but I'm going to be cruel + leave you to dwell on it for a while as i also asked this question of LenKop + i  want to hear his reply before i answer y'all + actually seeing that i have posed the question what do any of you think of my most far reaching statement hahahahehehehehehhohohohoho ??????

the not so peaceful + stirring the pot , paul

Hello, new here so I am not sure how to engage in conversations yet. Interesting conversation, I wondered, how do you know the second coming is male and that he will be a poor man? Does Seth say that?
Thanks.

Admin edit: To separate the author's question from the quoted text.
Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

Hi Joydivided, welcome to the forum! I just have a moment to respond here. It looks like you figured out how to take a quote, but for some reason it appears twice and your question became entwined with the second quote. I'll fix that for you and then will return later to respond to your question. Voidypaul is no longer posting on the forum, I wonder if he explained himself in this topic?

I have to say this has been the most popular topic ever in the history of this discussion forum!

I'll be back. :)

Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

strangerthings

Hi @Joydivided

Dang ... how much I wanted to type "joy division" lol

Its a band thing  8)

Anyway voidy isnt around anymore

However

I would like to know why male as well.

Hope we get to exchange some great inticing back and forth.

Aye! Very popular topic.

Btw Seth does NOT  say that. Ugh if I am remembering correctly off the top of my head Seth said at the time its what people accepted. (Male)
Like Like x 1 View List

Bora137

Yes way back 2000 years ago. I can't recall him saying it about the second coming

Deb

@Joydivided I've been thinking about this. While I don't recall Seth saying specifically the return of the Christ personality can only be male, and I don't like to speculate what someone else "meant," voidypaul may have been basing his comment on these quotes below. While Seth did use the general term "man" (as in mankind, which includes women), in these quotes he uses he and his, which are more specific. These are all from Seth Speaks, Session 586, July 24, 1971. They are not necessarily in order. I added bold for emphasis. Seth also does mention distortions, and so Jane's religious background could have also contributed to these male-dominated quotes.

"The third personality, mentioned many times by me, has not in your terms yet appeared, although his existence has been prophesied as the "Second Coming" (Matthew 24). Now these prophecies were given in terms of the current culture at that time, and therefore, while the stage has been set, the distortions are deplorable, for this Christ will not come at the end of your world as the prophecies have been maintaining."

"The third personality of Christ will indeed be known as a great psychic, for it is he who will teach humanity to use those inner senses that alone make true spirituality possible. Slayers and victims will change roles as reincarnational memories rise to the surface of consciousness. Through the development of these abilities, the sacredness of all life will be intimately recognized and appreciated."

"(9:20.) He will not come to reward the righteous and send evildoers to eternal doom. He will, however, begin a new religious drama. A certain historical continuity will be maintained. As happened once before, however, he will not be generally known for who he is. There will be no glorious proclamation to which the whole world will bow. He will return to straighten out Christianity, which will be in a shambles at the time of his arrival, and to set up a new system of thought when the world is sorely in need of one."

"Now there will be several born before that time who in various ways will rearouse man's expectations. One such man has already been born in India, in a small province near Calcutta, but his ministry will seem to remain comparatively local for his lifetime.

"Another will be born in Africa, a black man whose main work will be done in Indonesia. The expectations were set long ago in your terms, and will be fed by new prophets until the third personality of Christ does indeed emerge.

"He will lead man behind the symbolism upon which religion has relied for so many centuries. He will emphasize individual spiritual experience, the expansiveness of soul, and teach man to recognize the multitudinous aspects of his own reality."

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

inavalan

Quote from: Deb on April 30, 2022, 09:12:54 AM...
"The third personality of Christ will indeed be known as a great psychic, for it is he who will teach humanity to use those inner senses that alone make true spirituality possible. ..."

"He will lead man behind the symbolism upon which religion has relied for so many centuries. He will emphasize individual spiritual experience, the expansiveness of soul, and teach man to recognize the multitudinous aspects of his own reality."
These are the ideas that attracted my attention from the above quotes ... using inner-senses, seeing through (interpreting) the symbolism, focus on individual spiritual experience.

A 2nd Coming isn't necessary in order to work on those.

Even more, people should stop hoping that somebody (divine or not) will solve their problems and make them be happier. That hope prevents them from progressing.

He/she is an artificial problem created by our emotions, bad rationalizations, bad focus.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

strangerthings

Bora137

Quote from: inavalan on April 30, 2022, 02:26:10 PMEven more, people should stop hoping that somebody (divine or not) will solve their problems and make them be happier. That hope prevents them from progressing.

The whole message of this dude will be YCYOR according to Seth. So the focus will be on the individual to create the reality they want. In part I think Seth was/is preparing the way for this mindset. People aren't to look to God or science or Christ or the government or their doctor or fate or what their parents said or the newspapers or the internet told them. Power is returned to the self, this is the core message as far as I understand what Seth says about Christ II

Age of Aquarius

Like Like x 1 View List

Bora137

...and also The Star

"As The Star follows The Tower card in Tarot, it comes as a welcome reprieve after a period of destruction and turmoil. You have endured many challenges and stripped yourself bare of any limiting beliefs that have previously held you back. You are realizing your core essence, who you are beneath all the layers. No matter what life throws your way, you know that you are always connected to the Divine and pure loving energy. You hold a new sense of self, a new appreciation for the core of your Being" https://www.biddytarot.com/tarot-card-meanings/major-arcana/star/

Of course it's onymous that it follows The Tower but makes sense.