Light

Started by LenKop, May 21, 2016, 08:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LenKop

One example why the Seth material is as good as it gets.

Dreams, "Evolution," and Value Fulfillment
Chapter 5 - "The 'Garden of Eden.' Man 'Loses' His Dream Body, and Gains a 'Soul.' "
Now: Topic: The light.
There is, as I have told you, an inner (pause) "psychological" universe, from which your own emerges, and that inner universe is also the source of Framework 2 as well. It is responsible for all physical effects, and is behind all physical "laws."
It is not just that such an inner universe is different from your own, but that any real or practical explanation of its reality would require the birth of an entirely new physics—and such a development would first of all necessitate the birth of an entirely new philosophy. The physics cannot come first, you see.
It is not [so much] that such developments are beyond man's capacity as it is that they involve manipulations impossible to make for all practical purposes, from his present standpoint. He could theoretically move to a better vantage point in the twinkling of an eye, relatively speaking, but for now we must largely use analogies. Those analogies may lead you or Ruburt, or a few others, to a more advantageous vantage point, so that certain leaps become possible—but those leaps, you see, are not just leaps of intellect but of will and intuition alike, fused and focused.
The light of your questions (pause) is, in its way (underlined), an apport from that other inner universe. In your world light has certain properties and limits. It is physically perceived by the eyes, and to a far lesser degree by the skin itself. In your world light comes from the sun. It has been an exterior source, and in your world light and dark certainly appear to be opposites.
Ruburt glimpsed some of the principles involved when you were at [your downtown apartments] on several occasions—once when he tried to write a poem about the comprehensions that simply would not be verbalized. I do not know how to explain some of this, but in your terms there is (underlined) light within (underlined) darkness. Light has more manifestations than its physical version (intently), so that even when it may not be physically manifested there is light everywhere, and that light is the source of your physical version and its physical laws. In a manner of speaking, light itself forms darkness. Each unit of con-sciousness, whatever its degree, is, again, composed of energy— and that energy manifests itself with a kind of light that is not physically perceived: a light that is basically, now, far more intense than any physical variety, and a light from which all colors emerge.
The colors of which you are aware represent a very small portion of light's entire spectrum, just physically speaking, but the spectrum you recognize represents only one inconceivably small portion of other fuller spectrums—spectrums that exist outside of physical laws.

(Pause at 9:06.) So-called empty spaces, either in your living room between objects, or the seemingly empty spaces between stars, are physical representations—or misrepresentations—for all of space is filled with the units of consciousness, alive with a light from which the very fires of life are lit.
The physical senses have to screen out such perceptions. That light, however, is literally everywhere at once, and it is a "knowing light," as Ruburt's [William] James perceived.
Now: On certain occasions, sometimes near the point of death, but often simply in conscious states outside of the body, man is able to perceive that kind of light. In some out-of-body experiences Ruburt, for example, saw colors more dazzling than any physical ones, and you saw the same kind of colors in your dream. They are a part of your inner senses' larger spectrum of perception, and in the dream state you were not relying upon your physical senses at all.

(9:26.) When I speak of an inner psychological universe, it is very difficult to explain what I mean. (Pause.) In that reality, however, psychological activity is not limited by any of the physical laws that you know. Thought, for example, has properties that you do not perceive—properties that not only affect matter, but that form their own greater patterns outside of your reality. These follow their own, say, laws of physics. You add on to, or build up your own reality, in other dimensions throughout your physical life.
(Long pause.) The paintings that you have envisioned, for example, exist there, and they are every bit as real as the paintings in your studio. I am not speaking symbolically here. There is indeed light that you do not see, sound that you do not hear, sensation that you do not feel. All of these belong to the realm of the inner senses. The inner senses represent your true powers of perception. They represent, say, your native nonphysical perceptive "equipment." The physical senses are relatively easy to distinguish: You know what you see from what you hear. If you close your eyes, you do not see.
The inner senses, though I have in the past described them by separating their functions and characteristics, basically operate together in such a way that in your terms it would be highly difficult to separate one from the others. They function with a perfect spontaneous order, aware of all synchronicities. In that psychological universe, then, it is possible for entities "to be everywhere at once," aware of everything at once. Your world is composed of such "entities"—the units of consciousness that form your body. The kinds of conscious minds that you have cannot hold that kind of information.
(9:44.) Give us a moment. . . . (A one-minute pause.) These units of consciousness, however, add themselves up to form psychological beings far greater in number than, say, the number of stars in [your] galaxy (over 400 billion of them), and each of those psychological formations has its own identity—its own soul if you prefer—its own purpose in the entire fabric of being.
That is as far as we can carry that for this evening. We need some new carriers for the concepts. But the light itself represents that inner universe, and the source of all comprehension.
End of session.
Session 900

via RDS Zanette, FB, Fans Of The Seth Material

LK

Deb

Len, thank you for putting this up! I think this quote has made me decide to bring that book with me on my trip in a couple of weeks.

Quote from: LenKopThe colors of which you are aware represent a very small portion of light's entire spectrum, just physically speaking, but the spectrum you recognize represents only one inconceivably small portion of other fuller spectrums—spectrums that exist outside of physical laws.

Things like this resonate with me, because I am an artist, among other things, and have also been a paranormal investigator and so have done a lot of research about the visible light spectrum, and as a mere human, the energy/electromagnetic spectrum in its entirety. How much we can observe, how much we know, is currently SO limited, even within the "physical laws" of our existence. Any many of us are not aware of the fact that our observations are so limited. I don't know why, ALL of my life, even as a child, I've found comfort in the idea that we don't know it all and that there is far more beyond our ability to perceive, whether on a personal (micro) or scientific (macro?) level. There are insects and birds that can see into the ultraviolet spectrum and we can't—and yet many people have no idea of our limitations. Anyway, why stop at the infrared and ultraviolet "ends" of our observed color spectrum? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

Quote from: LenKopThe paintings that you have envisioned, for example, exist there, and they are every bit as real as the paintings in your studio. I am not speaking symbolically here. There is indeed light that you do not see, sound that you do not hear, sensation that you do not feel.

This is huge for me, personally, because I envision a lot and the idea that what I've envisioned does exist somewhere is fascinating and I wish I could witness that on a personal level. Plus it makes me feel less guilty for not producing all the paintings I think of.

Seth's attempt to explain light and dark was very interesting for me. I can actually "know" that there is only light (equate light with love) and that darkness is light blocked or impeded to various degrees (shadows). Pure light and love are the natural state for us. We impede that natural state in our innocence or ignorance. Lessons to be learned.

And the idea that every one of us, existing since the beginning of the beginning, has our own frequency, makes a lot of sense to me and explains a lot of things. Bruce Lipton figured this out at one point, explains it in (maybe, can't remember for sure) Spontaneous Evolution.

Quote from: LenKopand each of those psychological formations has its own identity—its own soul if you prefer—its own purpose in the entire fabric of being.

This renews my faith in and hope for our existence.

LenKop

When Beethoven was complemented on how great his music was, he said (and I paraphrase) 'it's nothing, you should hear what's in my head.'

LK