Affirmation

Started by LenKop, September 09, 2016, 08:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LenKop

"Affirmation means saying 'yes' to yourself and to the life you lead, and to accepting your own unique personhood. That affirmation means that you declare your individuality. Affirmation means that you embrace the life that is yours and flows through you. Your affirmation of yourself is one of your greatest strengths. ...
"You do not have to say 'yes' to people, issues, or to events with which you are deeply disturbed. Affirmation does not mean a bland wishy-washy acceptance of anything that comes your way, regardless of your feelings about it.
"Biologically, affirmation means health. You go along with your life, understanding that you FORM your experience, emphasizing your ability to do so.
"Affirmation does not mean sitting back and saying 'I can do nothing. It is all in Fate's hands, therefore whatever happens, happens.'
"Affirmation is based upon the realization that no other consciousness is the same as your own, that your abilities are uniquely yours and like no other's. It is the acceptance of your individuality in flesh.
"Basically it is a spiritual, psychic, and biological necessity, and represents your appreciation of your singular integrity."
The Nature of Personal Reality, Session 672

Are you appreciating your singular integrity? ;) 

LK
Like Like x 1 View List

caaron

Wonderful quotes.  I've recently resumed affirmations and I must say the difference in my life is dramatic.  It is easy to forget who we are and get caught up in the business of physical activities or just sleepwalk through life.  Affirmations force us to remind ourselves who we are and what we want from life--when we do them consciously we not only affirm our individuality but also our awareness and responsibility for our lives...

LenKop

I, too, have been quite disciplined in my affirmations as of the past 4 months and the results are excellent.

I think many might question the power of affirmations, but we are affirming our own lives in every moment, with every thought and feeling. We are creating our reality with our inner dialogue, constantly repeating our personal mantras, and many people don't even realise how automated their beliefs are, and just how repetitious their everday thought processes are.

LK

caaron

Quote from: LenKopI think many might question the power of affirmations, but we are affirming our own lives in every moment, with every thought and feeling. We are creating our reality with our inner dialogue, constantly repeating our personal mantras, and many people don't even realise how automated their beliefs are, and just how repetitious their everday thought processes are.

Exactly right.

Deb

Thanks for this topic, Len. It's an extremely clear, gentle yet strong message. Calming. These days what are referred to as affirmation(s) tend to be positive phrases people say over and over to themselves, which I guess are the verbal/mental versions of what Seth is telling us we need to do inside: self acceptance, self appreciation for who we are; affirming our nature, worth and appropriateness to ourselves. I rarely do that myself so this helped me focus and internalize his message. Too often we look to others to confirm our worth and that's a dangerous thing to do, who knows where they are 'coming from' with their own issues and agendas.

Maybe I need to read this post on a regular basis to remind myself to step back and not only say yes to who I am, but truly appreciate and accept my own unique personhood. I've already printed it out, I'm a step away from taping it to my mirror or the wall next to my computer monitor.

I know I read this when I read NOPR, and interesting that while I probably appreciated it at the time, it means much more to me now.

caaron

My favorite Seth affirmation:

"I approve of myself, my characteristics, my abilities, my likes and dislikes, my inclinations and disinclinations, realizing that these form my unique individuality.  They are given me for a reason.

I approve of and rejoice in my accomplishments, and am as vigorous in listing theseùas rigorous in remembering them as I have ever been in remembering and enumerating my failures or lacks of accomplishment.

I remember the creative framework of existence, in which I have my being.  Therefore the possibilities, potentials, seeming miracles and joyous spontaneity of our essence are in my mind, so that that the doors to creative living are open. 

I realize that the future is a probability, in terms of ordinary experience, nothing exists there yet.  It is virgin territory, planted by my feelings and thoughts in the present.  Therefore, I plant accomplishments and successes, and I do this by remembering that nothing can exist in the future that I do not want to be there."

Deb

Thanks for those!

I decided today I'm going to run an experiment. I'm going to record Len's quotes (and now yours) for myself, put them in my beloved iTunes for my phone, and listen to my own voice stating the affirmations every day. For at least a month. And see what happens. :) I've found my recorder and am ready to go!

LenKop

Just remember Deb, the intention is vital. If it is an experiment, do you truly believe in it? Is the undertaking done in the spirit of empowerment and certainty, or is it something you're viewing from afar to see how it goes?

Tony Robbins calls his affirmations 'incantations'. check the video 25mins to 28mins, he shows two he uses, its a great example of thrusting your whole being into what you want for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9F19ban7A4

'To act in an independent manner, you must begin to initiate action that you want to occur physically by creating it in your own being. This is done by combining belief, emotion and imagination, and forming a mental picture of the desired physical result.' NOPR Session 627

LK

Deb

Quote from: LenKopIf it is an experiment, do you truly believe in it?

Yes, thanks, it's an experiment to me only because I've not done affirmations before. I only recently realized I'm a more auditory learner (I always felt I was more visual) and so think that hearing, rather than reading, affirmations would be good for me. And to hear them in my own voice--self talk--would have to be even better. My intention is to immerse myself in them, not observe from a distance.

Thanks for the TR video, I'll take a look at that now.

caaron

Quote from: DebI decided today I'm going to run an experiment. I'm going to record Len's quotes (and now yours) for myself, put them in my beloved iTunes for my phone, and listen to my own voice stating the affirmations every day. For at least a month. And see what happens. :) I've found my recorder and am ready to go!

I'm interested to hear how your affirmation experiment is going...

Chuck

Deb

Quote from: caaronI'm interested to hear how your affirmation experiment is going...

Thanks for asking.  :)

Well, I kinda got waylaid. I did record the affirmations but wasn't happy with the way they turned out... and then got busy with some unexpected extra obligations. I fixed them today (thanks to your reminder) and will try again. I DO have to say that when I read them, this one in particular, "I approve of myself, my characteristics, my abilities, my likes and dislikes, my inclinations and disinclinations, realizing that these form my unique individuality. They are given me for a reason," it really does strike a chord (especially the part I underlined) and I find it grounding. The feeling doesn't last all that long, which tells me I need to read them several times a day in order to keep that feeling going. As Dr Joe or Bruce would say, lay down some new neuron paths.

Although I recently starting viewing myself as pretty auditory, I read SO much that I think maybe reading is the way for me to internalize affirmations. But the jury is still out on that one.  ;)

caaron

I hadn't been doing affirmations for many many years but I just recently started re-reading all of the Seth books and Jane Roberts books.  It was like I had been sleepwalking through the years and suddenly was reminded of my power to create in the spacious present.   So I started creating these affirmations that I do throughout the day--before I go to sleep, when I meditate, and when I'm walking my dog.  I just make them up but they go something like this: 

I realize that I am a multidimensional being manifest in this physical reality and that it is a reflection of my thoughts propelled by my beliefs, imagination, and emotions.   I know that my body is made up of cells, atoms, and other matter that has its own consciousness and that given the opportunity each will fulfill its potential by becoming fully actualized.  As my cells reproduce and recreate my physical body I support their growth to full actualization.  For my part I will be aware of my thoughts and beliefs and replace any that conflict with ones that will support complete health. (At this point I imagine/visualize myself in perfect health--free of pain or any physical discomfort. I see myself running, walking, doing whatever reminds me of when I felt the best I ever felt.   I try to make that as visually real as I can).    I will seek to bring my inner senses to my waking consciousness and my waking awareness to my inner consciousness.   Etc...

Each time it comes out a little different, but for whatever reason it has been working quite well for me. 

Chuck

Deb

That's a really powerful and encompassing affirmation! I may adopt something like that too...

I saw Deepak Chopra speak on Sunday, and he said something that I've heard countless times and yet didn't connect to it the way I did with him: that our bodies are constantly regenerating. I understand it from Seth's perspective of creating our reality, I understand it from a medical perspective in that the cells are constantly being replaced with new ones. He mentioned different amounts of time for different parts of our bodies: stomach, other organs, bones, skin, etc. What struck me is that even without the Seth explanation of us blinking in and out of existence and reinventing ourselves on each return, modern medicine also acknowledges this constant regeneration (and with that comes the potential to heal, repair, improve). Our limitations are self-imposed, although most doctors still think our bodies only go downhill with time.

I just did a quick search on the internet to see if I could find the amount of time our organs replace themselves and this is the first thing that came up: "So the statement that we replace every cell in the body every seven years or every ten years is wrong. Using a revolutionary new technique (described below), researchers have shown that: Neurons in the cerebral cortex are never replaced. There are no neurons added to your cerebral cortex after birth."

I've seen proof to the contrary, videos of neurons being created. I found that statement very disturbing.

caaron

I wouldn't worry about the 'scientific' explanation.  What is important is that our bodies continue to regenerate and that they reflect our beliefs about who we are and what we look like, how healthy or sick we believe we are.   There is no 'time' per se--our cells regenerate, period.  We are--past, present, and future in this moment and our actualization in physical reality is our creation in this moment...

Chuck

Bumblebee

Wow guys! Thank you Len and Caaron for the share! I definitely need to log in here more often! Great conversations and great tips!

Woopi doo! :) :D ;D :)

I also have printed the affirmations and will start as soon as this evening. Woo Hoo!

Deb, I wouldn't worry too much about an article you read. Things get proven and unproven all the time. Just read a few days ago that well spread belief that wolves live in a hierarchy is just a misconception. The guy who lived with wolves for 2 years and explained this theory admited having made a mistake; they have a family structure. We see what we want to see when we observe.

Deb

Quote from: BumblebeeDeb, I wouldn't worry too much about an article you read.

Yes, 'the truth/ooops we were wrong' happens all the time.
The main reason I reacted to that was because I know better and that kind of thinking is so out-dated (along with a bunch of other medical myths), and I just hate to think of people coming across statements like that and believing them. Especially since it was the top search result. And hogwash.

I have a friend who started losing her sight 20 years ago. It was a gradual process, losing peripheral vision until it winked out completely about 4 years ago. She had introduced me to a book, The Brain That Changes Itself by Norman Doige, chock full of information on how the brain is capable of remapping itself, learning and growing new neurons... until death. An EXCELLENT book, I've read it twice. Hope, I thought, for her to adapt to her new challenges. But her own doctor told her she was "too old" to learn new things (specifically Braille--at the time she was 30-something) and she took it to heart. She's 50-something now, struggling, not adapting. All because she believed what her doctor told her, rather than what she read in the book. It just irks me that so-called authorities can make such statements and not be questioned or held accountable.

Okay, stepping away from the podium now, lol. I just care about her a lot, she's an amazing and sweet lady and I sure wouldn't want to be in her shoes.