Has any tried the exercise on the feeling tones?

Started by Bumblebee, September 28, 2016, 11:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumblebee

I'm not sure what to do exactly with this exercise. Is it like meditation but with no concentration on the breathing?  My mind just takes over the minute I stop doing stuff. Should I be looking for a rhythm as in a beat?

How do you feel it? In what form does it come to you?

Deb

That's the one in Nature of Personal Reality, Session 613: Finding your 'feeling-tone." I seem to recall doing that as part of Rick's intensive. I'm sure there are others here on the forum who can answer better, but I'll just put my experience out here. At the time I first did this, and even when I do it now (not very often and usually to ground myself), I just sit still, close my eyes and try to go inside myself and get a feeling of what's at the center. I think the term 'feeling-tone' maybe a little confusing, but there may not be words in our vocabulary to explain better. It's a sense of my me-ness, not the roles in life, not what I look or even feel like physically, thoughts or beliefs--it's just my frequency. Some people say we're like radio/receivers, each of us has our our unique frequency that's actually being broadcast from out 'there'--the source. I try to sense what my frequency is, who I am in essence. For me it's not a rhythm or beat, it's more of just a feeling. Although for some odd reason I do often become aware of the blood pumping through my body when I do it. Sometimes if I get deep enough I only sense my spark of consciousness and nothing else, sort of like I'm floating in space and am nothing but consciousness. But it also grounds me. That 'me' that I sense feels familiar and when I connect to that most basic part of myself it feels reassuring in a way. Was that too hippy-dippy?

Bumblebee

No, not at all. Although it doesn't relate to anything I've experienced so far. I went walking in the forest with my dog this afternoon and I get a buzz when I'm at peace, like electricity is coming through my head and down my spine, like I'm connected from my head directly to a great source of energy. I feel very calm, focused and connected to everything around me when this happens. Smells, colors, sensations become more vivid. Could that be it?

Deb

Quote from: BumblebeeI feel very calm, focused and connected to everything around me when this happens. Smells, colors, sensations become more vivid. Could that be it?

Maybe so.
Maybe when you feel that, try to get in touch with your inner self.

Last summer I was in Washington State, in a park that was a sort of rainforest area. I felt a surge of joy and energy like I haven't felt in a long time.

I just remember plugging in my earbuds and listening to some music (Freelance Whales) and I was off like a rocket, in complete nature bliss. I honestly felt like I could lose myself in the forest and not ever look back. Moss, trees, the smell, the feeling of joy were overwhelming. I was actually waltzing through the forest (reference to Owl City). I think a part of it is connecting with All That Is by connecting with nature, uninterrupted by electricity, anything man-made, EMFs, microwaves, wireless anything.

It's no wonder we have such a hard time connecting and being grounded in this society. There are so many distractions and so much interference.

caaron

Quote from: BumblebeeI went walking in the forest with my dog this afternoon and I get a buzz when I'm at peace, like electricity is coming through my head and down my spine, like I'm connected from my head directly to a great source of energy. I feel very calm, focused and connected to everything around me when this happens. Smells, colors, sensations become more vivid. Could that be it?

Sounds like it to me.  If not, who gives a shit--just keep doing it...

Chuck

Batfan007

Quote from: Bumblebee
I'm not sure what to do exactly with this exercise. Is it like meditation but with no concentration on the breathing?  My mind just takes over the minute I stop doing stuff. Should I be looking for a rhythm as in a beat?

How do you feel it? In what form does it come to you?

no form. any form.

Forget meditation, I mean I've been meditating for years. Forget discipline or practice or any of that stuff.

Feeling tones is your own inner fun, your own signal, your own unique space in reality, what make you uniquely YOU that can never be repeated or replicated.

Now forget what I said and just go enjoy yourself and you'll notice in your own time.
If there was  a Seth exercise on it (I don't know) then do it now and then, but don't take it too seriously. Be playful.

LenKop

The deepest expererience I had in this regard came as a very faint pulse through my torso.

I went to a 'healer', whom I've been seeing once a year or so for the past 5 or 6 years. The difference this time was that I visited when I was feeling really good. My ideas regarding 'healing' had changed and so my intention was to accelerate, rather than unblock, or release.

We discussed some ideas, then I laid on my back, did some breathing techniques and I started feeling a very subtle pulse. I didn't want to talk, because as I spoke the distraction took me away from the pulse. I just wanted to smile and sit in it. As I enjoyed it, it grew stronger.

That's my personal experience. Seth's feeling-tones came to mind afterward.

LK

JenniferY

I feel this as energy surging through my body. It feels like well-being. It feels like the very essence of who I am. It feels like my connection with All That Is.

I didn't first feel it when doing the feeling tones exercise though. I had read The Nature of Personal Reality a few years ago and had done the exercise a few times without really feeling anything but really wanted to experience it. Then I moved on to other teachers (after reading a LOT of Seth stuff).

I started spontaneously feeling this feeling a few months ago. Usually NOT during meditation but I can evoke it during mediation if I choose to. I didn't connect it with Seth's feeling tones until I was inspired to get my Seth books back out recently and reread The Nature of Personal Reality again. When Seth described feeling tones, I knew this was what he was referring to! Also, later in the book when he describes affirmation of yourself as unique, joyful, and valid...acknowledging the grace and vitality of your being...acquiescing (or giving in) to the power that flows through you... the merging of your soul and your flesh. When I think about that, I feel that feeling, the feeling tones, easily and strong. It is so much stronger and easier to feel now that I have reread NOPR. It is a feeling that you give in to. You can't conjure it up. It is the feeling of your very BEING. It is the feeling of the merging of your soul and your flesh. Just give in and feel that power and energy flowing through you from your very core. It is the feeling of life.

JenniferY

Also, I forgot to mention that sometimes it does feel like it is pulsing...if it lasts several minutes and grows stronger, it sometimes pulses. At times I also feel a little tension or discomfort around the eye area but I got the intuition that that is caused by me not allowing it to flow...tensing up or focusing too intensely on it. If I just relax into it, it is awesome!

Deb

Quote from: JenniferYAlso, I forgot to mention that sometimes it does feel like it is pulsing...if it lasts several minutes and grows stronger, it sometimes pulses.

Hi Jennifer, welcome!
It sounds like you're pretty tapped in. Yes, I also experience that pulsing sensation, like Len mentioned as well. I sometimes think I'm just being still enough to sense my heart beating and the blood pulsing through my veins. But it has this feeling that I'm sort of broadcasting my signal, so more than the simple explanation of sensing my heartbeat. I can't explain it very clearly.

Michael Sternbach

Can't help reviving this interesting thread...

When I first did this exercise in my late teenage years, I was surprised how easy it was to tune into that basic frequency of myself. Just like Seth had said. At the time, it was vitalizing and linked to the internal perception of various colors.

Today, nearly three decades later, the feeling has changed. It has turned into a sense of tranquility and silent joy. A feeling of coming home to myself...