Attending the Seth Sessions: The Forerunners

Started by Deb, October 04, 2016, 08:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

This has been on my mind since I read my first Seth book: How did the 'students' find out about Seth/Jane Roberts? What was their first impression? How did their feelings evolve as time went by?

It seems the meetings went on for quite a while, with some people traveling a hefty distance on a regular basis to attend them (I'm thinking about the NY Boys and what the long drive must have been like to attend a session and then head back home afterwards). The meetings, from both what I've read and heard on the audio recordings, sounded very casual but lively, with an apparent camaraderie. Lots of laughter.

Many professionals consulted with Jane/Seth, including some successful authors (Bob Monroe, Richard Bach), scientists and researchers, etc.

But the first ones that attended the esp classes and sessions were the forerunners, the ones that found Seth before anyone knew about him—and stuck with it. They must have had a strong feeling that this was the real deal.

I'm hoping we can at least get @barrie to respond, as he is, I think, the only 'original' that will donate his time to answer questions and contribute to forums or Facebook.

Sena

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Talk:Zen_proverb

It is likely that telepathy brought in the first pupils.