Author Topic: ATI, Entities (Oversouls?), Us, Probable Selves  (Read 181 times)

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
I thought it would be helpful to collect some Seth quotes on how these (ATI, Entities, Us, Probable Selves) relate to one another. I think of Entities also as Oversouls (after reading those books). In my mind they all relate as a pyramid scheme of sorts, or visually in my mind as a flow chart. I can sort of relate to each level of consciousness retaining its own identity despite being just a part of the whole, but this is still hazy in my mind.

Again, someone from Facebook has contributed an on-point quote from a book I haven't yet read. Go Facebook! FB is a 'blink and you miss it' environment, so I'm trying to grab as much useful stuff there as I can and post it here for safekeeping.

"Entities are obviously subdivisions of the whole, or All That Is. You retain your individuality as part of an entity, and the entity retains its individuality as a part of an energy gestalt. An energy gestalt maintains its individuality as a portion of All That Is. These are not impersonal energy forms. They are very highly individualized psychological entities. Their psychological development however is far different than any that you know. There are simply psychological realities of which you are completely ignorant, and these are interwoven into energy frameworks containing dimensions you cannot understand."

Roberts, Jane (2014-02-12). The Early Sessions: Book 7 of The Seth Material, Session 305.

Funny thing, for my entire life I've been, for some reason, concerned with the idea that if reincarnation is real, how frustrating and wasteful it is to lose memory/knowledge of our previous identities (not to mention having to re-enter this existence and go through the entire childhood, maturing, schooling [boring] process) and somehow merge into a field of sameness. But quotes like this give me hope that we do retain a sense of personal identity. I don't know why that's important to me. Ego?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 09:05:06 AM by Deb »

Offline Sena

Quote from: Deb
Funny thing, for my entire life I've been, for some reason, concerned with the idea that if reincarnation is real, how frustrating and wasteful it is to lose memory/knowledge of our previous identities
Deb, I think it may be necessary to have this amnesia for previous identities, in order to learn the lessons we have come to learn in this life. In my own life, I made two major decisions which I realize with hindsight were not very logical. During the past year I have had some dream recall of a previous life, and I think those two decisions were influenced by the semi-conscious memory of that previous life. I hope this makes sense. What I mean is that if I had full conscious recall of that previous life at the time I made those decisions, I may well have made different decisions.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 10:53:00 PM by Sena »

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
Quote from: Sena
I think those two decisions were influenced by the semi-conscious memory of that previous life.

I do understand why we have that amnesia, it would be kind of like taking an open-book test. Less challenges, less growth of character, less learning. I wonder how much bleed-through we to have with other incarnations and just don't recognize it as such since we're so locked into our here and now. I think Seth said somewhere that we do communicate with and in some ways influence our other incarnations and probable selves.

Offline Batfan007

Quote from: Deb
Funny thing, for my entire life I've been, for some reason, concerned with the idea that if reincarnation is real, how frustrating and wasteful it is to lose memory/knowledge of our previous identities (not to mention having to re-enter this existence and go through the entire childhood, maturing, schooling [boring] process) and somehow merge into a field of sameness. But quotes like this give me hope that we do retain a sense of personal identity. I don't know why that's important to me. Ego?

Have you  ever met someone who was stuck, like so stuck they could not learn anything new, they were so entrenched in a particular belief system, that they can never seen anything outside of that, and if they do have some experience that dramatically shakes them up, they often go into dential or repress the experience, because it did not fit their reality paradigm?

Now imagine that magnificed over hundreds of lifetimes.

That  person to me would not be a human "BEING", but some kind of robot where we just press buttons and get pre-fabricated responses. They already KNOW everything, so no new learning is possible, and they absolutely will not break away from their belief system as they as so sure of how accurate and reliable it is.

I think the forget-me-now is a necessity for incarnation into our physical reality. I can't speak for other reality system, and non-physical lifetimes. I don't have any useful recall of that at present.

I do have recall of some bits and pieces of other lives (other Me's) and if I was burdened with all of their problems, as well as my own, I would have killed myself (well at least my body) ten times over by now. Which would resolver nothing. But hopefully you have some idea what I am getting at.

Also, we don't forget everything. Well, personality wise sure (with some exceptions), but as for traits and abilities that carry over from simultaneous lives, that happens all the time, for everyone. We draw on our other lifetimes all the time, in the here and now, as they do on us.
As much as the trees need the rain and the sun, we need them (other lives and selves) and they need us to fully develop.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):