Author Topic: Trump election .... a "naked" US  (Read 11263 times)

Offline myststars

Well if you read the Shining the light series from Robert Shapiro it describes many things up to 2000.You may understand much deeper what Adronis is talking about.Also you can look at David Wilcock on Gaia.He's not channeling but he pull material from all over the place.

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
I came across this opinion today, and while it was painful to read ( is America the only country in the world that has safety concerns represented as biases? ), I thought there were some good points brought up. Once again, Trump is being presented as someone who can expose national tendencies that have been glossed over in the past. The crux of the article:

"Too many of Trump’s critics are wearing rose-tinted glasses about the good ol’days before big bad Trump came along and ruined everything. That’s why they so easily erupt into outrage over the word s***hole but fail to see decades of imperialist and racist foreign policy as problematic.

"Yes, Trump made a vulgar comment. But the real difference between him and the presidents who have come before him is that he is willing to rip off the mask of decency and reveal the truly ugly face of American leadership that lies beneath it. If nothing else, the world should thank him for that."

With Trump, there are no filters. He appears to be an open book. Who would prefer political correctness and euphemisms to the ugly truth of his (or anyone's) core beliefs and attitudes?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:17:14 AM by Deb »

Offline LarryH

Yes, I have said in the past that Trump would serve to accelerate society's confrontation of its negative aspects and come out better eventually. I think the MeToo movement is one example, though it took awhile after the Billy Bush interview exposure to gain traction through many more examples of sexual exploitation, not just from Trump.

Offline LarryH

Quote from: Deb
Who would prefer political correctness and euphemisms to the ugly truth?
I would take issue with one way that that comment could be taken. Trump's relationship to facts is so disfunctional that I would not call what he says "truth", ugly or not. But what I think you mean is that his opinions on just about everything reflect the ugly beliefs of the darkest parts of our society. As uncomfortable as that is, it is a step for society to openly deal with it.

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
Quote from: LarryH
I would take issue with one way that that comment could be taken.

Yes, I agree, I'll change my wording to clarify what I meant -- which was in response to this: "the real difference between him and the presidents who have come before him is that he is willing to rip off the mask of decency and reveal the truly ugly face of American leadership that lies beneath it." Trump's tweets reveal his underlying beliefs and attitudes. I wouldn't go so far as to say that he represents the attitudes all of our leaders, past and present, but some things are coming to the surface like never before. He certainly is different. And if anything, I feel he is a catalyst for change.

Here's an uncharacteristic report from CNN about Democrats turned Republican in a town in Ohio. Of course these folks are only concentrating on economics:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 02:42:55 AM by Deb »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):