Nice reminder: How we create & feeling tones

Started by LenKop, November 23, 2016, 01:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LenKop

Basically, you create your experience through your beliefs about yourself and the nature of reality. Another way to understand this is to realize that you create your experiences through your expectations. Your feeling-tones are your emotional attitudes toward yourself and life in general. And, these generally govern the large areas of experience.

They give the overall emotional coloration that characterizes what happens to you... You are what happens to you. Your emotional feelings are often transitory. But, beneath, there are certain qualities of feeling uniquely your own that are like deep musical chords. While your day-to-day feelings may rise or fall, these characteristic feeling-tones lie beneath.

Sometimes they rise to the surface but in great long rhythms. You can not call these negative or positive. They are, instead, tones of your being. They represent the most inner portion of your experience. This does not mean that they are hidden from you or are meant to be. It simply means that they represent the core from which you form your experience.

If you have become afraid of emotion or the expression of feeling or if you have been taught that the inner self is no more than a repository of uncivilized impulses, then you may have the habit of denying this deep rhythm. You may try to operate as if it did not exist or even try to refute it. But, it represents your deepest, most creative impulses. To fight against it is like trying to swim upstream against a strong current.

These feeling-tones, then, pervade your being. They are the form your spirit takes when combined with flesh. From them, from their core, your flesh arises.

Everything that you experience has consciousness. And, each consciousness is endowed with its own feeling-tone. There is great cooperation involved in the formation of the earth as you think of it. And so, the individual living structures of the planet rise up from the feeling-tone within each atom and molecule.

Your flesh springs about you in response to these inner chords of your being. And, the trees, rocks, seas, and mountains spring up as the body of the earth from the deep inner chords within the atoms and molecules, which are also living. Because of the creative cooperation that exists, the miracle of physical materialization is performed so smoothly and automatically that consciously you are not aware of your part in it.

The feeling-tone then is the motion and fiber, the timber, the portion of your energy devoted to your physical experience. Now, it flows into what you are as a physical being and materializes you in the world of seasons, space, flesh, and time. Its source, however, is quite independent of the world that you know.

Once you learn to get the feeling of your own inner tone, then you are aware of its power, strength, and durability. And, you can, to some extent, ride with it into deeper realities of experience.

The incredible emotional richness and variety and splendor of physical experience is the material reflection of this inner feeling-tone. It pervades the events in your life, the overall inner direction, the quality of perception. It fills up and illuminates the individual aspects of your life and largely determines the persuasive subjective climate in which you dwell.

It is the essence of yourself. Its sweeps are broad in range, however. It does not determine, for example, specific events. It paints the colors in the large "landscape" of your experience. It is the feeling of yourself, inexhaustible.

In other terms, it represents the expression of yourself in pure energy, from which your individuality rises, the You of you, unmistakably given identity that is never duplicated.

This energy comes from the core of BEING, from All-That-Is, and represents the source of never-ending vitality. It is Being, Being in You. As such, all of the energy and power of Being is focused and reflected through you in the direction of your three dimensional existence.

While your feeling-tone is uniquely yours, still it is expressed in a certain fashion that is shared by all consciousnesses focused in physical reality. So, in those terms, you spring from the earth as all the other creatures and natural living structures. You are, while physical, a portion of nature, therefore, not apart from it.

Trees and rocks possess their own consciousness and also share a gestalt consciousness, even as the living portions of your body, the cells and organs, have their own awarenesses and a gestalt one. So, the race of man also has individual consciousness and a gestalt or mass consciousness, of which you individually are hardly aware.

The mass race consciousness, in its terms, possesses an identity. You are a portion of that identity while still being unique, individual, and independent. You are confined only to the extent that you have chosen physical reality and so placed yourself within its context of experience. While physical, you follow physical laws or assumptions. These form the framework for corporeal expression.

Within this framework you have full freedom to create your experience, your personal life in all of its aspects, the living picture of the world. Your personal life and, to some extent, your individual living experience help create the world as it is known in your time.

In this book, {The Nature of Personal Reality} we will be speaking about your own subjective world and your part in the creation of events both private and shared. It is important before we continue that you realize that consciousness is within all physical phenomena, however. It is vital that you realize your position within nature. Nature is created from within. The personal life that you know rises up from within you. Yet, it is given. Since you are a part of Being, then in a certain fashion you give yourself the life that is being lived through you.

You make your own reality. There is no other rule. Knowing this is the secret of creativity.

NOPR
Session 613

via Phil Allan on FB Friends

LK

Note: Modified by Admin to remove formatting codes from text (carried over from copying & pasting).

Deb

Len, thanks for sharing this quote, it's a really important and clear one. It's very good at explaining how we create and how 'it all' works.

I hope you don't mind but I edited it to remove the formatting codes that came over when you copied & pasted. I'm printing this quote out for me to contemplate over and over again. I would almost venture to say that this quote is the basis of all of the Seth teachings.

LenKop

Hi Sena,

No I don't mind. I had clients coming in when I pressed 'post' and never got a chance to check it. Thanks for that.

I agree regarding the importance of the quote.

Len

Monica

I love feeling tones, and I think the best art captures a feeling tonescape as purely as it can.

I have this interest in colour and colour palettes and how they relate to other senses (inner and outer) and personality characteristics. It's interesting, for example, to sink into the feeling tones and then doodle, make a mood board, or write in a journal...

My intention is to have an environment at my home that replicates the deep swells of feeling tones through colour, texture, seasonal variation, sound, light and furnishings etc. It's so enjoyable to feel that the space around you is pulsating with a sympathetic resonance to that of your own.

Deb

Quote from: MonicaI love feeling tones

Monica, is that where the text under your photo comes from? I was always curious about that.

Quote from: MonicaIt's so enjoyable to feel that the space around you is pulsating with a sympathetic resonance to that of your own.

Yes, it's like 'going back to the womb' to live in a space that resonates your own frequency/personality. After a busy day out in the world, it is truly coming home. Ahhhhh.

Monica

Quote from: Deb
Quote from: MonicaI love feeling tones

Monica, is that where the text under your photo comes from? I was always curious about that.

Yep! It's a musical - and more generally a creative and artistic - reference - harmonious sound (colour, taste etc) = toned beauty. :D

JimK

I've read this topic with great interest. For the past several years I've been interested in finding my feeling tone or is it tones as with change? But I'had no success in doing this. So I'm wondering, can you say how you arrived at being able to experience this in fairly simplistic terms? Like is it found in meditation, dreams, daydreams, in changing focus in the moment point or whatever else that I'm not even aware of?

I'm quite visually oriented - love beauty, love art, etc. I do like music, but don't have much of a feel for it. I was brought up to keep a cap on my emotions, so I've found it difficult to express my feelings and emotions to others but I've loosened up a lot with that over the years, thank goodness.

I do get the idea of color and tones but when that relates to music I'm pretty much amiss.

For some reason or another, nothing I've read in the Seth books or various Seth related posts has hit home for me. So I've just about reached the point of saying it just doesn't work for me and dismissing it. Yes, your thoughts would be appreciated!

Monica

I experience feeling tones most vividly when I'm very relaxed and calm e.g. with nothing better to do than hang out on a Sunday morning, or when sitting in or near a forest or wooded glade. For me, then, the expression of those feeling tones outward is evidenced when a piece of music or art or some other object or place brings up those feeling tones in me or creates a sensation of calmness and rightness with the world.

@JimK One way to have a go at seeing what imagery or colours relate to your own feeling tones would be to use an online mood board service, like pinterest.com, to collect pictures, photos and art in one place, edit the collection to reduce it to your absolute favourites, and then see what theme(s) emerge and whether, in meditating on a theme, you experience feeling tones.

Deb

I was waiting for Monica to respond, I'm sure she has a clearer explanation. She is much more in touch with feeling tones than I am. But here are my two cents:

For me (and I'm not even sure if this is feeling-tones), if I settle down and quietly try to go inside and sense my inner core, there is a spark at my core that feels like who I really am. It's the me that's my essence, not the me that deals with day to day things or the roles I play or even my emotions—but purely the spark of life that is uniquely mine. For me, the word 'tone' doesn't quite explain it (since I associate tone with sound). For me, it's more of a frequency and it feels familiar when I can tap into it. If I had to give a location, it's sort of the heart/solar plexus area. If I'm stressed, remembering to tune into this helps center me. It's reassuring.

FYI, there are times when I'm talking about something that I'm passionate about, I feel like I'm communicating from this place and it tends to get whomever I'm talking with more engaged, like it makes me more charismatic. My words come from my core.  What's really the best feeling is when the rest of me (my thoughts, emotions) are in tune with this core. It's like the feeling of being in love—everything is right in the world.

Monica

@Deb I don't know why you thought I'd have a clearer explaination! Yours is fantastic. :) It's nice to see that our experiences are comparable - the 'rightness' feeling and the 'not-a-sound' tone/zone or frequency etc. It seems like a good and useful affirmation of what kind of core experience is underneath the daily bubbles of emotion.

JimK

Monica & Deb, thank you. I did check out the mood boards on Pinterest but I'm not sure that's a fit for me. Part of it I like and part not. I'll consider it more though.

I do understand getting to my core - it's like total joy, peace, freedom and amazement. There's not really any sound or visual activity, just being. As you mentioned, Deb, all is Right. In normal consciousness, I do get some of those same feelings when I'm close to nature and sometimes when I'm totally focused in on creatve activities. I'm still not sure this is what Seth was talking about with respect to feeling tones though. I'm thinking that maybe I need to probe this deeper and see where that goes for me. Sometimes I over-complicate too.

And sometimes this reminds me of Seven and his explorations with Cypress.

Monica

JimK

@Monica And I thank you for your help and good wishes...and I have ever since that night way back when, when I sent out my SOS call for help and you answered. You've got my best wishes for you to have everything bright and wonderful! :)