What is the paractical use of lucid dreaming and OOBE?

Started by Marianna, March 19, 2017, 11:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marianna

I know it would sound like an unwise question in such a wise company, but I'll ask anyway.

What is the use of lucid dreaming and OOBE? Apart from the experience itself - flying, seeing other realities. Learning?

As for remembering dreams - it's clear. They help me understand more about my beliefs, I can 'bring back' some great ideas, answers to my questions, solutions to problems...

Thanks a lot,
Marianna

Sena

Marianna, the practical use of OOBE would be to acquire knowledge, like Robert Monroe did. But then you have to assess how reliable that knowledge is. Are we to believe everything in the Monroe books? I have never had an OOBE, and a lucid dream only with great difficulty. At present I am not making efforts in that direction.

Deb

According to lucidity.com, there can be a few different practical uses of lucid dreaming/OBEs. I'll add a link to their FAQ page. This is the web site I went to a few years ago when I had my first lucid dream. I've only had a few, haven't had a good one in a long time. For me, they're just fun. I've done experiments, but mainly I like to explore the environment and marvel at the incredible details I see in the dreams, thinking "wow, I know this is a dream and my mind made all of this. How on earth can my mind do this?" It seems Seth said that while we create our reality in our waking state, it's easier to do, with more immediate results, in our dream state. So it's a great place to consciously practice and play, with intention. Being lucid, aware that we are dreaming, gives us the opportunity to consciously create in our dreams. If I'm in a dream I don't like, or is boring, I can switch scenarios as easily as changing a tv channel.

http://www.lucidity.com/LucidDreamingFAQ2.5.html, see 2.1 WHY HAVE LUCID DREAMS? Some benefits mentioned: healing, transcendence, problem solving, rehearsal, adventure and fantasy:

"A large part of the extraordinary pleasure of lucid dreaming comes from the exhilarating feeling of utter freedom that accompanies the realization that you are in a dream and there will be no social or physical consequences of your actions."

Utter freedom.

Marianna

Thank you guys, Deb and Sena! I was sure at least you two would come through! Thanks Deb, I'll check the site out.
Absolute freedom - sounds just like 'my thing'. So far I only remember great incidents of flying and faces of astounding size and beauty. I doubt these were lucid dreams. These were regular ones which I remember vividly. Yet I am glad that I can write down my dreams often enough. And it's the first step.

LenKop

I've had a few lucid dreams, and many vivid dreams.

One of the greatest benefits for me is confidence.

Len