Death, interrupted

Started by Deb, July 01, 2017, 09:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

"Often, for example, a person wanting to die originally intended to experience only a portion of earth life, say childhood.... Such a son or daughter might be born, for instance, through a woman who wanted to experience childbirth but who did not necessarily want to encounter the years of child-raising, for her own reasons.

... Such a child might naturally die at 10 or 12, or earlier. Yet the ministrations of science might keep the child alive far longer, until such a person [begins] encountering an adulthood thrust upon him or her, so to speak.

An automobile accident, suicide, or another kind of accident might result. The person might fall prey to an epidemic, but the smoothness of biological motion or psychological motion has been lost. I am not here condoning suicide, for too often in your society it is the unfortunate result of conflicting beliefs—and yet it is true to say that all deaths are suicide, and all births deliberate on the part of child and parent."
~Mass Events, Session 801

Recently I've been seeing what I feel is evidence of this at work.

I have a friend who has a horse rescue. She often rescues horses from 'kill pens'— horses that are destined to be inhumanely shipped to Mexico from my area of Colorado, to be slaughtered for their meat. These horses are typically young, healthy and in many cases trained but have ended up at auction and the pens for various reasons. Too many times, my friend has rescued these horses from the brink of death, and within months they end up dying anyway. The above Seth quote comes to mind. A consciousness decides in advance how much life they want to experience, their time of departure, and then something intervenes. Since we have free will and others cannot impose themselves on our own reality without permission, there has to be an underlying agreement to that intervention.

So essentially my friend prevents a specific manner of death, and then some of those horses manage to die anyway, in different ways. Just more drama for us to work out? What a tangled web.

Batfan007

The horses get to experience the love of your friend, and perhaps die a less dramatic death in their own time. While your friend gets the  opportunity to care for the animals
It's win/win in my book.