Oversoul Seven's Little Book

Started by jbseth, March 05, 2019, 10:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

In the Jane Roberts book, "The Education of Oversoul Seven", we learn about Oversoul Seven, who is an entity who has 4 personalities. One of these personalities is Lydia, who lives in the 20th century. In this book, Lydia who is a senior citizen who dies and goes into the afterlife.

Then, in the Jane Roberts book, "The Further Education of Oversoul Seven", we learn that Lydia decides to be reborn. Then, in her new life she will be called Tweety by her new Mom.  In this book, Lydia wants to make sure that Tweety will get some sort of understanding about how life works and so she gets Oversoul Seven to commit to her, Lydia, that he will do this for Tweety.

At the very end of this book, the last 8 pages or so, we find a copy of a book that Oversoul Seven wrote for Tweety. This book is titled, "Oversoul Seven's Little Book". Just before this book starts, it says that Seven sat by Tweety's bedside each night, reading from the special book he'd written just for her. Then after a few more sentences and another paragraph, the book begins.

The first chapter of this book is called, "The Charmed Life" and in it, Oversoul Seven, explains how everyone leads a charmed life, and he talks about magic. Here he's not talking about witchcraft and anything like that but rather like the magic that occurs in children when they participate in make-believe and games.

I think that this is one of the most wonderful, magical and positive pieces of writing that Jane may ever have written. It reminds me of her book, "The Magical Approach", only it seems to explain Seth's ideas in a way that a child could understand them. I didn't realize that this piece of writing existed until just recently.

Here's some brief quotes from this little book that I'll put in red font.

Each life is charmed (Seven said), yours, and everyone else's, and you must never forget it. The instant you're born you're charmed, because life is a charm. Each being is charmed into existence in whatever reality it finds itself, and given everything it needs to operate in in that environment.

You are magic. You charm the air so that it thickens into your body wherever you are.
When you want to move, you think the air ahead of you into becoming your body, and the air behind you stops being your body... all very magical indeed.

And people forget how simple and natural magic is, so they evolve long theories, and methods that are supposed to make it work, when you and I know, and everyone else really knows, that magic happens by itself, because that's what magic is.

Because a characteristic of magic is that it automatically turns into whatever you want it to be.

This book then continues on like this.

If you own a copy of this book, or you get a chance to borrow it from a library, a friend or somewhere else, check out this little book from Oversoul Seven. It's pretty awesome.

jbseth

Deb

Thank you so much for this. I read the books right after I'd discovered the Seth materials and thought they were a great easy-to-understand representation of the concepts from Seth. You've convinced me to read the books again.

How many books do you read simultaneously?

jbseth

Hi Deb,

How many books do I read simultaneously? That's kind of hard to answer.

Sometimes I only read one book at a time, but there have been times when I've read 2 or even 3 books at a time. I don't think I could handle any more than 3 though, it starts to get too confusing, especially if they're all on the same basic topic.

BTW, while I've read "The Education of Oversoul Seven" at least twice before, this was the first time, I've ever read "The Further Education of Oversoul Seven" and I've yet to read, "The Museum of Time".

I also really like these books, as Jane really plays with the various Seth concepts in them.

I really want to read the Museum book, but I think I'll probably end up reading the "Channeling" book first.

jbseth

Deb

I've just pulled the Trilogy off the book shelf to read at least The Education of Oversoul Seven. I remember enjoying that one the most out of the three. I'm curious about what my opinion of the story will be this second time around, since it's been so long and I have much more Seth material under my belt now.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Me too Deb, let us know what you think.

jbseth