Ghost sighting?

Started by Deb, January 16, 2019, 11:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

From the news: On the night of January 5, 2018, a woman is watching TV in bed with her young daughter. She gets an alert from her security camera that someone is spotted in the house. She says it looks just like her son, who died two years ago.

What do you suppose Seth would have to say about this? I know he mentions ghosts a lot. Just one of 58 results on the word "ghost" in the search engine:

"In the same way in the midst of life, you dwell with so-called ghosts and apparitions, and for that matter you yourselves appear as apparitions to others, particularly when you send strong thought-forms of yourself from the sleep state, or even when unconsciously you travel out of your physical body."
—SS Chapter 10: Session 540, July 6, 1970

If you click on the photo below, it will enlarge a bit.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/security-camera-captured-image-of-deceased-sons-spirit-atlanta-mother-says

Here's her Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/jenhodge007/posts/10215542557931475

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Wow, thanks for sharing, I love these kinds of stories.

Not only did Seth occasionally talk about ghosts, but he also talked about "survival personalities" on a rare occasion. Survival personalities are the surviving personalities of people who have died. 

Here's what he says about survival personalities in "The Early Sessions", Book 6, Session  242:

¶15

A survival personality in many respects is psychologically much different from the individual that he was.  [...] When communications take place between a survival personality and a personality who exists within the physical system, then this involves a reshuffling, again, on the part of the survival personality, where the ego is momentarily given greater reign.

¶19

The survival personality therefore momentarily inserts his ego in its old position.  [...] This reassembly however does cause some disorientation on the part of the survival personality.  [...] The survival personality's inner self gives this reassembled ego concepts in the same way that, often, the subconscious gives the ego concepts in physical existence.

¶17

The survival personality for example relies mainly upon telepathic communication. The survival personality does not think in terms of words, but experiences concepts in a much more direct manner.  [...]

jbseth

jbseth

Hi All,

Wow, I found a specific Seth session where Seth does talk about ghosts and how and why they sometimes appear in our reality. The information below comes from, "The Early Sessions", Book 8, Session 396.

At the beginning of this session, Seth says:

I want to begin a series of sessions dealing in rather practical terms with those events that follow immediately after physical death.

Then he explains how he couldn't have done this earlier because neither Jane nor Rob would have liked it. After this, he starts getting into this material.

[...]

[...] If you learn to know yourself as you are, and not simply as you seem to be, then you will become quite familiar with the part of yourself that does survive physical death.

You do not suddenly become a spirit. You are one. [...]

[...]

Upon physical death you simply step out of the intense focus upon one self-constructed plane. You are released into a wider spectrum of activity. The mental and psychic energy which you have expended in the physical system does continue, to some varying degree, to sustain it. A lingering feeling allows those who have left your system to keep in contact with it if they so desire. I do not mean necessarily that in all cases communication will occur, but a psychic return can be made at will.

An individual who has survived physical death can if he wishes recreate any portion of his own past as it was. He can recreate any portion of his own past in any way he wishes, changing his own actions within it if he so chooses, combining and reforming the entire composition. Such a procedure is usually a dead-end enterprise. The others involved are vivid hallucinations, and he may not realize this.

Some personalities are prone to this sort of activity. Until they realize the nature of such actions, two or three personalities may join as partners in such an endeavor, in which case the situation is more difficult to untangle. Here there is simply an arrangement and rearrangement of a time already dealt with.

[...]

Such individuals are usually beyond reach from anyone within your system. They are not beginning new reincarnations, nor resting, nor going on to new realities. They will eventually awaken to the nature of their activities, for there will be no counteraction of personalities, you see, and no growth.

Those who struggled and did not achieve fame for example, will sometimes recreate their past, manipulate hallucinatory relationships and events and achieve it within that counterfeit environment. This is simply an example. Some may attempt to gain revenge in this way, finding satisfaction in gaining control over another, finally, but the victim in such a case is only the hallucinated image of the victor.

In a considerable number of ghost or apparition cases this is what is involved. Here the emotional energy is at such a pitch that the individual appears out of context within your physical reality, but has no freedom within it.

He is acting out the past so vividly and with such a frenzy that electromagnetic patterns are momentarily disrupted. He breaks through into "current," in quotes, physical reality, but he cannot step forth freely into it, but is imprisoned by his own overpowering and blind purposes.

He does not realize his condition. When this momentary breakthrough does occur however, then someone with disciplined and developed abilities can explain the situation to him. He can then release himself. In such cases the break with physical reality was somehow incomplete at physical death. The stubborn spirit, usually impelled by still strong unfulfilled wishes, refuses to break contact.

Physical death alone is not enough then. A misguided individual can still cleave to the physical system, though he cannot operate within it as before.

[...]

In any case, such a situation could not be maintained indefinitely. The individual involved is indeed a ghost image of the personality.

jbseth

Deb

Quote from: jbseth
[...] If you learn to know yourself as you are, and not simply as you seem to be, then you will become quite familiar with the part of yourself that does survive physical death.

You do not suddenly become a spirit. You are one. [...]

I love this, good ole' Seth. Simple and to the point.

Interesting quotes, it seems there are a lot of reasons for us to be able to see a "ghost" which can just be a generic term for seeing a human or animal that is seen but no longer fully physical. I used to be a paranormal investigator and one theory was that objects, or especially anything built on granite or quartz, could hold an impression of a person or event and it would be replayed over and over until it eventually depletes. Although, I have a few EVPs of disembodied voices responding appropriately to questions, which means there's some consciousness there. Or the investigators themselves created the voice out of anticipation.

It's no telling whether the young man in the top post really did make an appearance. Being a skeptic, I'd believe something that happened to me more easily than someone else. I've had some interesting experiences but can't label them other than to say they were outside what's considered the norm.

This morning I remembered my mother told me she saw my father a couple of months after he had died. It was in January in NJ, so very cold and dismal. My mother's poodle was looking out the kitchen window down the driveway towards the street and making a soft woofing sound, not an actual bark. My mother looked in the same direction and saw my father, wearing a t-shirt, no coat, carrying a metal trashcan up the driveway. Then he was gone.

I can't even imagine what that would be about.

A few years ago I saw my yellow lab lying on the floor in front of my bed, maybe a year after she died. When I looked a second time, she was not there. But there was an oval depression in the carpet where I'd seen her, as if she had done the circling thing a few times before lying down.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

I know of several people who have told me stories similar to those of your mother seeing your father and of your experience with your yellow lab.  I think these experiences come along as a result of Seth's statement,

"A lingering feeling allows those who have left your system to keep in contact with it if they so desire. I do not mean necessarily that in all cases communication will occur, but a psychic return can be made at will."

I think that this communication can and sometimes does come in many forms.

Years ago, Tom, the husband of one of my wife's best friends, Chris, passed away. Tom who spent much time with photography, always loved roses. Two to three days after Tom passed, Chris told us that she walked into the room in their house where Tom spent much of his time over the years with his photography and she smelled a very strong aroma of many roses.

Chris had no roses in her house at the time and there none were growing outside either.  She had no normal explanation for the strong aroma of roses that she smelled in that room.

jbseth 

jbseth