Mary Dillman videos, project update & a fun find

Started by Deb, March 14, 2021, 05:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Ha ha, I just read my previous topic here, the last post, where I said "Now that I'm caught up." No such thing, lol.

The updated website launched last month and was greatly received. Then there were a couple of announcements on Facebook about the website and research project, and those have kept me very busy. I've had contact with a few long-time Sethies and some friends/supporters of Mary's, which has been really enjoyable.

I'll post again here tomorrow once I get the new update up on the website. I've already written it, so unless there's some major disaster here tomorrow I'll be able to get it up. We ARE having a blizzard at the moment, but there have been no power or internet issues so far and the snow is supposed to stop by early morning. Update: I decided to add a photo of my back yard. It's about 6pm, still snowing and blowing. The fence is 6' tall. I'm curious what tomorrow morning will look like.

So for today, here are two videos of Mary that I found recently. The longer (18 min) one will be available to the general public. In this one, Mary gives more information about her projects. In the second video, Mary talks about her childhood (7 min) and will not be made public, I'm just sharing it here.

There will also be a teaser in the post talking about something interesting that came up with Jane, Rob and Paul Cunningham's "The Problem of Seth's Origin" paper. There's more it than we realized, and I now have the rest of the story.

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

jbseth

Hi Deb, Hi All,

Thanks for this post. 

That looks like quite a bit of snow, I hope you are all doing fine.

I agree with Mary. I too think that Seth's teachings are given and can be taken at multiple levels. I'm always discovering new ideas as I reread his books. Things that I haven't recognized before. Because of this, I do think that they are timeless, pun intended.  :)

-jbseth

Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Deb

Here's the link to the latest newsletter, but you guys already know the news from this topic. https://sethresearchproject.com/seth-research-project-update-03-15-2021/

I thought it was interesting that Mary would get sort of upset when people would say Seth was constantly evolving or rewriting his books. I've felt that way myself, although I do also realize on a practical level that as my understanding has grown, I would pick up on new levels of the writings each time I read them. Seth also said, somewhere, that even when he was silent, he was communicating. I couldn't find that quote, but this did come up in my search:

"What I say for the rest of the evening will be silent."
—TPS3 Session 784 (Deleted Portion) July 19, 1976

And he also said we are creating the books ourselves:

"You may perhaps argue that the book was manufactured physically, and did not suddenly erupt through Ruburt's skull, already printed and bound. You in turn had to borrow or purchase the book, so you may think, "Surely, I did not create the book, as I created my words." But before we are finished we will see that basically speaking, each of you create the book you hold in your hands,"
—SS Chapter 5: Session 523, April 13, 1970

And also this:

"Each of our books adds to the others. That includes Ruburt's as well — and that also includes of course books not yet written, in your terms, so that the future books also influence what you think of as the past ones. Again, while appearing in your time, the contents of the books come from outside of your time."
—NoME Chapter 3: Session 820, February 13, 1978

Would that be Jane's library? Very cool to ponder. Oh, we ended up with 27" of snow this time. All is well.

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Thanks for your update on the Seth Research Project. 

I'm glad to hear that everyone is OK. Boy, 27 inches is a lot of snow to get in such a short period of time.

I actually believe that Seth was constantly enlarging his concepts with each book that was produced.  For example, what he told us about how we create our reality, in NOPR, was greatly expanded upon by what he told us about this topic in regards to mass events in NOME.

In addition to this, I've also recognized that sometimes when someone quotes a Seth comment that he made in one of the earlier books, the quote often doesn't seem to contain a more enlarged concept that he explains later in another book and this can be somewhat misleading.

I think that a lot of the material for both Seth's books and Jane's books do come from outside of our time; that is, they come from Framework 2.  As I recall, Jane found the book "Psychic Politics" in her "library" and she more or less downloaded the information that she picked up from that book in her library, here into our reality.

I'm really intrigued by the Paul Cunningham's "The Problem of Seth's Origin" paper that you mentioned. I don't recall ever hearing about this previous to your last post here. How interesting.

I'm wondering if this relates to the "Ron Card" issue, (I believe it was Ron Card), about how many different Seth's there were; Seth the entity, Seth as Seth Two, Seth as the bridge personality between him and Jane, were there even other Seth's?

-jbseth