Our thoughts are an open secret!

Started by inavalan, July 17, 2022, 04:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

Seth has a long and detailed recount of the thoughts of several people regarding an upcoming event, and even more: he explains why those people think that way!

So, our most personal thoughts, even the subconscious ones, are out there in the open! Imagine if the government, military, corporations find out there is that possibility ...

Sorry but you must log in to view spoiler contents.
Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

Deb

There would be a whole lot less misunderstandings if we could read others thoughts the way Seth said we communicate psychically. But I guess that would take away one of our biggest challenges in physical reality. We're working on it.

But yet... the synchronicities! I had a really good one a couple of weeks ago. I was going to be in a part of town where a friend lives. I thought I'd see if she could meet for lunch while I was there. I couldn't get through to her—she runs an animal rescue and is too distracted to deal with phones or texts most of the time.

So I went to a restaurant by myself. Picked out my own table outdoors. Ordered lunch. Then two women walked past my table and sit at the one next to me. There was my friend and a friend of hers I don't know, sitting at the next table. We were all pleasantly surprised.

A coincidence?  8)
Like Like x 1 View List

inavalan

There is always that dilemma ... Did you think of her because your future self met her at the restaurant? Did she come to that restaurant because your thought reached her? Did you remember thinking of her, by changing your past, after you met her at the restaurant? Another possibility? ...

Does it matter?

I think it matters to know that there are such possibilities.

Seth discusses such influences from the past and the future, in some of the recent sessions I browsed and posted here (inverted time?.
Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

In my "dilemma" post above, I was referring to this:

Quote from: TES5 #239The Early Sessions: Book 5 of The Seth Material
Roberts Jane

SESSION 239
MARCH 7, 1966

The inverted time system recognizes the actual nature of time, however. There is room in this system for a rather complete explanation of the mind's associative processes.

Now. The mind as opposed to the brain, perceives time in terms of the spacious present. It is true that the mind works on associative principles. Therefore these associations are drawn not only from the past, but also from the future.

Take an example here. Frederick Y. becomes ill whenever he smells a certain perfume. He does not know the reason. A psychologist would explain this reaction by presuming some kind of unpleasant event occurred in the past. An event that was connected with his sensual perception of this particular perfume.

The explanation is a good possible one. However , it is the only one that your psychologists would consider, and at least two other possible explanations exist. Frederick may be reacting to an unpleasant event experienced within the dream state, where in the dream the upsetting situation was accompanied by the odor of a particular perfume.

Frederick however could also be reacting to the same sort of event that has not yet occurred, however, to his perception—that is, to an event in the future. For the mind does not divide time into a series of moments. This is done by the physical brain and the physical senses.

The ego is not as a rule aware of this broader time experience. The subconscious however is so aware, and the associative processes of the mind can, and do, react to a future event, while the ego is closed off to it. Therefore it is possible for Frederick, this year, to become ill at the smell of a particular perfume because subconsciously he knows that in 1980 his mother will be wearing that perfume when she dies.

The associative processes work both backwards and forwards. An understanding of this will help in a study of the associative processes in general.