Can you love what is, even as you lose everything ?

Started by strangerthings, August 13, 2022, 01:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangerthings

I saw this question a few days ago and it got me thinking about Seth saying something like "the hardest thing to do is to be the calm center surrounded by chaos."

Can you love what is, even as you lose everything ?

It got me thinking about the love of me, material things, what is really important and my power within.

For me it has been an eye opening question to meditate upon!

Just passing it forward.
Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

Great question. It brings to mind Seth saying we should "accept life on life's terms" and not insist on certain conditions for our continued existence (or happiness).

I suppose we have to, and often do, love—or at least accept—what is. Otherwise one would end up being totally miserable all the time, until they die. I've seen this and it's not pretty. In some people it's more natural to accept things they can't change (Serenity Prayer), others have to learn the skill or outlook on life.

There's the old "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade." I've read inspirational stories of people who wind up in prison and use that time as an opportunity to better themselves and the world. Jane felt that her physical problems (and she had more than people know) were Her (capital H intended) way to keep herself housebound and humble so she could write as much as possible. She did not love her "what is" but she did try to accept it and that there was a reason for it.

BTW I came across this, some of them are really clever. I LOVE #20. https://theawesomedaily.com/25-people-making-the-best-of-a-bad-situation/
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 2 View List