"trust the science"?

Started by inavalan, October 12, 2022, 02:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

Love it! Love it! x 2 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

inavalan

QuoteEvidence-based medicine is "the conscientious, explicit and judicious use of current best evidence in making decisions about the care of individual patients". The aim of EBM is to integrate the experience of the clinician, the values of the patient, and the best available scientific information to guide decision-making about clinical management.Wikipedia
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Mik

Science is always changing. It makes the best possible hypothesis available based on the current evidence. When new evidence comes it makes a new hypothesis.

Science is an attempt to explain everything in the universe, in one way or another. Historically science has been mostly continually improving, but, has had many big mistakes. There are many ideas that are constantly in flux.

There is nothing more accurate or definite about science than there is about my spirituality.

Spiritual reality, for me, is composed of all the ideas and experiences, both inner and outer, that I've ever had. Those are my experiments and evidence. Unfortunately I can't really share them with you in a manner that you will really understand them. You'll have to do that for yourself.

Science typically has the advantage of experiments being repeatable by other people, if they're valid experiments. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean the conclusion from the experiment is valid.

Science is absolute. Until it changes its mind. ;D