Emphasis should not be upon the problem but upon its solution

Started by inavalan, September 12, 2023, 02:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

"I have said this often, yet I cannot overemphasize it: Emphasis should not be upon the problem but upon its solution.

Not upon reversing symptoms but upon the desired results. Not what is wrong but what is right, and how a greater degree of "rightness" can be achieved. This is of utmost importance."

—TPS1 Deleted Session February 11, 1971
Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

"You need not deny the physical fact, but if you understand what causes physical facts then you change the direction of your imagination, thought and expectations in order that the following future facts will not be like the ones that so displeased you."

Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

"He must not immediately try to check out the results, but have faith that they will come. If he says, now, "I can get up easily," and then he does not in the next instant, then he thinks he is faced with a new failure.
[... 3 paragraphs ...]
The point is that he expects a suggestion to take hold at once, and against countering suggestions that he may have given. For example: he will be working and want something. Perhaps four or five times he will think "Oh, hell, it will hurt to get up." This will be on the fringe of consciousness. Then consciously he will say "Now I can get up easily," and wonder why it hurts."