Helping orhers

Started by inavalan, January 24, 2024, 02:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

"If you are joyful, you will help other people simply by being what you are. If you try to help others and you are despondent, you do not help them."

—TPS 2, May 3, 1972
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

"You help others whether or not you realize that you do, whether or not others realize that you do, whether or not you plan to help. You help others even when your intentions are precisely the opposite.

Many who would seem to set a very poor example for others help others for exactly that reason. Quite simply they are examples of what not to be precisely for this reason. In their avarice and hatred they serve a purpose.

This does not mean that they will not have to progress, that they will not have to learn, but it does mean that they will not be allowed to pass through without helping others regardless of their own intent. In some cases such a situation may be set up by a portion of the personality itself, though this is not usual.

Some automatically soak up the hatred of others like a sponge. They have quite hateful characteristics. In some cases they have chosen these roles, attracting aggressions that others cannot handle. There is so little that you do know that many situations appear meaningless or chaotic."
--- TES9 #491
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

"Do not concentrate on symptoms, but on feelings of health... Do not get caught up in sympathy... abilities won't be as effective."
--- TES9 #454
Like Like x 1 View List

Mik

I like your three sets of quotes here. From my perspective they're all accurate and very helpful in the area of helping people. Thank you.  :)
Like Like x 1 View List