To Muse on A Musing…

Started by Deb, October 21, 2015, 03:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

from Lynda Madden Dahl's book, Living a Safe Universe, pg. 145:

A Musing...

"...what I do want to say, in case there's even the slightest doubt in your mind, is that we are never dragged into an experience by another person or mass event without our acquiescence. In a very concrete way, we are at the center of our own universe within our own dimension of existence; therefore, we call the shots as to what we'll experience, right down to the conversation with our neighbor, and the creation of the 10,000 seat concert hall we visit, stuffed to the rafters with people."

I care a lot about other people's feelings, usually to my own detriment. Nature or nurture, I'm not sure. It doesn't matter where it comes from. But when trying to make decisions that will better my own life, I tend to set aside my own needs in order to not hurt or negatively impact someone who is emotionally tied to me. That is a very difficult habit (or belief) for me to overcome. But I realize it's also a high price to pay, to sacrifice my own potential for... what? The sacrifices are rarely, if ever, appreciated, noticed or remembered. But the effects are lasting for the one who sacrifices.

Along another branch of thought: When I went through an entire summer of life-threatening illness in my horse, two people who consider themselves new age gurus told me that I was the cause of his illness. One stated it was negative energy. The other, a client of mine who has become a professional psychic, said that I was going through something and since my horse was so intuned with me, it was also affecting him. Mind you, at the time, I was perfectly happy and content, vacationing in Europe without a care in the world. Until my horse got sick and the ride down the slippery slope began.

The sum: This quote from Lynda is a great reminder that when it's said that we make our own reality, we make our own reality. Not someone else's. If another person, animal, tree, plant, car, gnat or whatever is involved in some sort of trauma with us, it is their choosing to be in that situation. We role play with others, whether we know it consciously or not. And we (I) must keep that perspective in any situation.

That takes a little of the pressure off, don't you think?

JimK

I hadn't thought too much about it, but I get it that animals, insects and people all do their own individual choosing of how they create their own reality. So trying to take responsibility for the actions or choosings of others is a mistake. But sorrow, happiness, love, hate, etc all seem to be part of the human condition. So would it be correct to say that we're each responsible for our own feelings, but not responsible for the conditions that others choose to create for themselves?

Deb

Quote from: JimK on October 21, 2015, 04:29:25 PMSo would it be correct to say that we're each responsible for our own feelings, but not responsible for the conditions that others choose to create for themselves?

Yes, that about sums it up Jim.  :)

SethInDorset

A certain amount of Seths explanations, in fact more and more are now 'built in like

• I attracted that event
  • Take the path of least resistance, don't fret
  • Why did I want that or what message am I trying to give myself

Now, the parts where I have to concentrate are still the simple bits. I create everything I can see, in fact my whole universe.
I must be careful with my thoughts and mildly focus on what I like but don't over do it so that I block
out my higher self who may have better ideas than me.

That I dream because I never remember any. I always wake up joyfully happy, irritating for others sometimes. Show affection and empathy when I can but at the same time have some presence.

For ages I wondered why Seth was not widely read. Just the mention of anything meta-physical puts people outside their comfort zone and shows me how far my personal inner being is from the average person living in their universe.

I seem to carry an inner joy thats been with me since I can remember. It's an energy and I don't know where it comes from. So many faces I see on the train or bus travelling to work feel worn down. One persons expression was so down with drooping side lips I wondered what brought her to that. What experience with so little joy was worth learning after all YCYOR.

Living and being aware of Seth is a gift, how do YOU use it ??

Sid

Sid