Seth would never communicate thru anyone but Jane

Started by Deb, May 12, 2016, 11:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

From Barrie Gellis on Facebook, April 7, 2016:

Hi Folks,

Here are five brief examples of Seth and Jane explainly clearly that Seth would never communicate thru anyone else—not via speaking, automatic writing, and so forth:

Jane (from Dreams, Evolution, & Value Fulfillment--Essay 5, 4-18-82): "And--very troublesome to me--came the repeated news that various people were 'speaking for Seth' publicly, and charging hefty-enough fees. I felt that my work was being CONTAMINATED, and more, I was annoyed and disappointed by those readers who could apparently be so taken in by those other Seths. As he has said so many times, SETH SPEAKS ONLY THROUGH ME, TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE MATERIAL. AND IT IS INDEED THAT CONTRACT BETWEEN HIM AND ME THAT ALWAYS ASSURES YOU OF THE AUTHENTICITY OF SETH'S WORK..."

Jane (Seth Material; Ch.9): "Several people have told me that Seth communicated with them through automatic writing, but Seth denies any such contacts, saying that his communications will be limited to his work with me, in order that the INTEGRITY of the Seth Material be preserved."

Seth (Session 454): "My friend here, Ruburt, is my mouth, and speaks for me...I WILL NEVER SPEAK THROUGH ANYONE OTHER THAN RUBURT, simply because there must never be any doubt of the origin of the Seth material."

Seth (Session 464): "Now, when you see what Ruburt can do occasionally, and the troubles I can have with distortion, then you can be sure that I WOULD NOT DOUBLE OR TRIPLE THE CHANCES FOR DISTORTION BY ATTEMPTING TO SPEAK THROUGH ANYONE ELSE.

Seth (Session 510): "While MY COMMUNICATIONS WILL COME EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH (JANE) AT ALL TIMES, to protect the integrity of the material..."

John Sorensen

It's interesting that there are still people today who are claiming that Seth speaks through them.
When queried on it, they tend to just dismiss the repeated statements from Seth that he would not speak through anyone else, or my favourite version is "Seth changed his mind about that" - which is what Seth was known for, you know changing his mind, oh what  flake he was, he was so inconsistent about everything.

Yup.
Makes you wonder if the folks claiming to channel him have even read his work?

voidypaul

Yep, spot on John + Deb ,
                             but i would lump into the mix all of the other so called channellers including the popular abraham hicks . There is not one amongst them who comes anywhere near what Seth communicated, not in the slightest .

peace , paul

Deb

Right on, John!

Quote from: voidypaulThere is not one amongst them who comes anywhere near what Seth communicated, not in the slightest .

I was introduced to Abraham by a friend several years ago. He kept talking about Abraham and I thought he meant the Bible so I tuned it out, lol. It was at least a year later that he finally explained. I read Abraham-Hicks and like the concepts, it was all new to me. But Jerry's occasional references to the Seth books got me more interested in Seth—it was like my radar had finally locked onto some deep truth when I found Seth. I'm not sure I would have found my way here if it wasn't for the A-H stuff that left me hungry for more. A-H just brushed the surface.

To me, A-H is good for people who don't have the patience or desire to really settle in and read the Seth books. But it's watered-down Seth, the depth is not there. I have friends that have tried reading the Seth books and it's almost like they're in a different language—they just can't seem to understand or comprehend the text. And these are intelligent people.

I'm glad that Seth had the foresight to say he'd never speak through anyone but Jane. It's good enough for me.

PS:
I just saw this. You took the words out of my mouth, or vice versa.  ;)

Quote from: voidypaulSorry to say this but i think that the abraham hicks message is just a wishy washy dilution of the Seth material,

John Sorensen

There is some stuff Abe hicks dos a bit better Seth, and its aimed in a different direction sometimes. He/They/it deal with emotions and relationships in particular quite well. The material get a bit repetitive for me.

But what do you do in primary school? Lots and lots of repetitive stuff, until you really learn it.
Then you move on to high school or university/college etc. That's the Seth stuff.

They are complementary rather than in competition with each other. I don't see any need to put down any of it, or say its watered down when the focus and intentions of the material are quite different, although with lots of overlap on basic ideas.

In language we use letters, sentences, paragraphs etc, but just because I can write whole essays now without being concerned about what letters to use, I don't criticize the letters, the building blocks that make up the stuff of the later learning that things are built on. It's a foundation. All of it is useful in its own context.

The Abe material tends to be repetitive as people keep asking the same questions year after year, so those are the answers and type of stuff they get.

BethAnne

The Abe material tends to be repetitive as people keep asking the same questions year after yearTrue.  This is why I don't do tarot readings.  It's usually the same questions.  But Ester fits her audience.  She had talked about being clueless about Sethian ideas except through Jerry.
I think you are right about AH being complimentary.  It's helped me to see how Sethian ideas are put into action regarding relationships on a more personal level.
I enjoy hearing how people use Sethian principles in their day to day life.   It's how I see my participation on the forum.  I'm hoping I'm not coming across as pretentious.   ;D  But as how I've used Seth and how it's manifested in my life.

John Sorensen

Quote from: BethAnne
The Abe material tends to be repetitive as people keep asking the same questions year after yearTrue.  This is why I don't do tarot readings.  It's usually the same questions.  But Ester fits her audience.  She had talked about being clueless about Sethian ideas except through Jerry.
I think you are right about AH being complimentary.  It's helped me to see how Sethian ideas are put into action regarding relationships on a more personal level.
I enjoy hearing how people use Sethian principles in their day to day life.   It's how I see my participation on the forum.  I'm hoping I'm not coming across as pretentious.   ;D  But as how I've used Seth and how it's manifested in my life.

You come across as very down to earth and not pretentious at all.

BethAnne

You come across as very down to earth and not pretentious at all.

Well, thank you for that.   :)  Sometimes I wonder if I joined this WWW generation too late in life and don't grasp the etiquette!  :D
Most of my conversations with my sons (42 &32) is by text.  They are far away with busy lives.  Sometimes I wonder if they get the irony I'm trying to get a cross.  Often not and my older son blocks me for awhile. :D