Magic Spells

Started by Blue, November 15, 2017, 10:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue

Just wondering if Seth has ever said anything about magic and spells, and if so, where I can find that info.  :)

transient amnesia

LarryH

Quote from: Blue
Just wondering if Seth has ever said anything about magic and spells, and if so, where I can find that info. 

As it happens, that just popped up in my most recent reading. From Book Four of the Personal Sessions, Session 815 (deleted portion):

"Framework 2--this is not dictation--has been the basis for white and black magic, for example. Both stress the importance of imagery and desire. Your mental images are therefore of course very important, and two of Ruburt's of a negative nature have been broken down. Very important: he got up from the bed quite easily in comparison with earlier behavior last night--surprising himself. That was the result of some of his good work in Framework 2."

Deb

You might also consider this -- I looked up curse (similar to a 'magic spell' in my book), from Seth:

"(Pause.) A modern Western physician — granted, with the greatest discomfiture — will inform his patient that he is about to die, impressing upon him that his situation is hopeless, and yet will react with scorn and loathing when he reads that a voodoo practitioner has put a curse upon some innocent victim."
—NoPR Chapter 16: Session 659, April 25, 1973

In this case, comparing a death prognosis given by a trusted authority (doctor) to a voodoo curse. It's more about the power of suggestion than actual control over another person. There's a name for it in modern medicine, the opposite of the placebo effect: nocebo, a detrimental effect on health produced by psychological or psychosomatic factors such as negative expectations of treatment or prognosis. The beliefs of the 'victim' are causing the end result—"the doc says I'm dying," the patient believes it and dies. It happens. Dispenza, in his You are the Placebo book tells of a case where a man died from a disease (can't remember if it was cancer) and it turns out he didn't have it after all. They couldn't figure out what killed him.

Then there's this quote from Jane, while she was explaining a dream of hers:

"Church—at a very creative level—or the feeling, use the creative ability to bring about punishment, illness or whatever. And that's how say "black" magic works. (Also I'd lately seen a show on Jack the Ripper and I think the women were so convinced of their "evil" ways at those levels that they broadcast their need for punishment.)"
—TPS6 Jane's Dream April 6, 1981

So again, in this case, the church is the trusted authority affecting the beliefs of the 'victims.' And then her tie-in to Jack the Ripper's victims—that they attracted violence/punishment due to their self-judgment. Wow.

On a personal level, I remember long ago thinking magic wands seemed to be just a symbol or tool for focusing or concentrating thoughts, energy or intentions in a specific direction. Prayers too. A spell would also be the same. Given that we're communicating on a telepathic level, it seems they would increase the intensity of messages.