500 miles to higher consciousness

Started by transient amnesia, December 15, 2017, 01:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

transient amnesia

Deb

Yeah, wow, cowboys vs. natural horsemanship. Stressful for the horses this way, they need to be able trust humans. Your non-intrusive way is the best way as far as I'm concerned. And riding in 40 days—that's amazing! I love her name.

I got some mixed messages in the video in that they are considering the wild mustangs purposeless and needing help (by being trained), a totally one-sided human perspective. While I love riding and horses, they don't need a "purpose"—they should be allowed to be horses! Some of the things I saw were disturbing for me, but I love the idea of the vets working with the horses -- horses are good medicine. Beautifully filmed.

I have a friend who has a horse rescue, mostly rescues them from kill pens slated for slaughter in Mexico. She really is a horse whisperer, very intuitive and in tune with horse body language. She rescues a lot of green, frightened and abused horses, pregnant mares, foals separated early from their mothers (foals will not survive the transport to Mexico and they don't have any meat on them), the stressed and sick. She treats them gently, with a lot of kindness and love and they all eventually come around.

Have you heard of Buck Brannaman? There was a documentary made about him a few years ago. Here's a short news clip with him. What a guy, also inspirational and another example of someone turning bad childhood experiences into something positive.

transient amnesia