Author Topic: Reality Creation or Premonition?  (Read 42 times)

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
How do we know which it is? Does it matter?

Editing because I didn't explain this very well.

I'm traveling abroad right now. I was in Ireland for a week, and now on my way to Russia. I have one suitcase to check, one small carry-on bag. Over the past few days I had a VERY strong feeling that my suitcase would not make it to Russia, so packed my carry-on well enough to keep me going for at least a couple of days.

This morning I checked in for my three flights to my final destination. At the first airport (Dublin), as a second thought, I asked if they could make sure my bag was checked thru all 3 flights. They checked and I was told that they had not checked my bag all the way through to my final destination. The alliance airline that booked all of my flights failed to realize there was no alliance between Aer Lingus and Lot airlines. My bag would have been left unclaimed at the Amsterdam carousel had I not known this. I had to exit the gate area in Amsterdam, go through immigration, find my bag in the baggage hall, check my bag with Lot airlines, go through security again and finally get to the gate for the next leg of my trip—a layover in Warsaw. I only had about an hour and a half to do this, actually less, because of the boarding schedule. I ran everywhere, made it as far as  the check-in line and the flight was cancelled—15 minutes before boarding. After standing in the re-route line for more than an hour (one window, one agent) I was re-routed through Frankfurt and I'll be arriving in Russia 5 hours later than originally. I've been up since 3 am and I'll be exhausted. I am now. But I was lucky in that while I was standing in the check-in line with a handful of people for my flight, most of the passengers were already at the gate. So I only had about 15 people in front of me in line for rescheduling, while everyone from the gate area was stuck in line for hours because it took longer for them to get there.

The whole time I've been wondering if I predicted this situation, or caused it. Every situation is created by us, so I guess it comes down to whether we "remember" our plans. So why the heck did I do this?  :o Maybe just more training with new obstacles for future ventures. I do plan to travel as much as I can.

My bag is checked for the new flights, almost time to board. I'm curious if my suitcase will arrive in Russia. Now I have a feeling that it will despite the last minute gate changes.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 08:34:48 AM by Deb »

Offline Sena

Deb, I hope your suitcase arrived safely. I try to avoid if at all possible a journey involving more than one airline company, but I see that sometimes this cannot be avoided. Each company has its own computer system, and I doubt that these systems mesh together perfectly. When are we going to get a World Government which is in sole charge of operating flights? Would that be the next stage of human evolution?

Offline jbseth

Hi Deb, Hi All,

In your initial post on this topic, you asked 2 great questions. How do we know which is which, and does it matter? Here’s some of my thoughts on how do we know which is which.

For me, whenever I have a premonition, they usually seem to come to me from out of the blue. It doesn’t feel like I, my conscious self, was the part of me, who had the thought. This happened to me in just the last 2 weeks or so. I was driving home from the swim center where I swim laps for exercise and suddenly, out of the blue, the thought occurred to me that I should take the back roads home, instead of staying on the main road that I usually take. Over the years, I’ve learned to pay attention and follow these thoughts when they occur to me and typically when I do, things always seems to work out well.

This time however, I decided to stay on the main road anyway, because I was curious about what was going on.  As I was about a quarter mile from the point where I would normal exit the main road, I saw many red and blue flashing lights up ahead. This indicated to me that there was some sort of major traffic accident on this main road. At that point I existed the main road and I’m pretty sure I avoided a long delay in getting home.

Now, I’ve noticed that I have to be in a specific type of mental or conscious state, almost like a meditative state or in a daydream, to be receptive to these thoughts from my inner self. That is, if I’m angry, for stressed over something going on in my life, I don’t seem to be very receptive to these thoughts. However, if I’m watering the flowers in the yard, relaxing or sometimes when I take a shower, I do seem to be much more receptive to them.

On the other hand, when I “consciously” create my reality, I focus on what I want and then I spend a lot of time dwelling on it. I use visualization and emotion and imagination to see this thing or event occurring in my life. I continue to do this until what I want appears in my life. 

In these 2 examples, when I get a premonition, it feels like, a thought suddenly occurs to me and this thought doesn’t seem to come from my normal conscious self. Instead it seems to come from somewhere out of the blue. As a result of this, I suspect that what is going on here is that my inner self sent this thought to my conscious self.

On the other hand, when I consciously create my reality, it feels like I, my conscious self, dwells upon what I want to occur in my reality and then eventually this object or event appears in my reality.

Here, I suspect that what’s going on is that my conscious self spends effort dwelling upon what I want and my inner self picks this idea up. Then my inner self coordinates with other inner selves and arranges for this item or event to appear in my reality.

In this sense, using these 2 nice and clean, clear cut examples, I do believe that premonitions and reality creation are different.

However, there’s also a grey area that’s not so clear cut. An example of this occurred to me and my wife about 10 years ago, when our luggage got lost on a trip to Hawaii. For this specific trip, we were assured by the ticket agent that our luggage would be automatically transferred all the way through to our final destination, Honolulu.  Because of this and because I’ve travelled many times under similar situations and rarely ever had any luggage related problems, I didn’t think about or spend any time worrying about our luggage getting lost.  Never the less, when we got to Honolulu, our luggage wasn’t there. After letting the people know in the lost baggage section of the airport, we took a shuttle to our hotel.

Now in this situation, I very much wasn’t aware of creating this specific event, and yet it still happened to me.  I certainly didn’t “consciously” or knowingly create it.

Fortunately, my wife and I didn’t really care, because we were in Hawaii.  :) 
We knew that we’d figure something out, and in the meantime, we were going to have fun.
I believe that perhaps because we had this attitude, our luggage arrived all together the very next day. 

I do believe that perhaps sometimes, like in this example, we unknowingly “agree” to “allow” something to occur in our reality, like our luggage getting lost, in support of someone else’s reality and the issues that’ll occurred with them in their reality because of it.

In this case, we also get to learn something about ourselves from how we opt to react to this situation, thus creating a win-win scenario as far as a learning situation for all of us.

Again, these are just my thoughts on this.

jbseth

Offline Deb

• Administrator
    • Like us on Facebook!
Quote from: Sena
When are we going to get a World Government which is in sole charge of operating flights? Would that be the next stage of human evolution?

I'm on the plane as we "speak." Never paid for wifi on a plane before, a nice luxury.

Maybe we'll get to the point where we don't need to fly anywhere? I try to avoid mixing airlines too, but I often fly on mileage and I have to do all sorts of stuff I don't want. Like getting up at 3 am for every flight. There are alliances between airlines but they're still working out the kinks.

Quote from: jbseth
For me, whenever I have a premonition, they usually seem to come to me from out of the blue. It doesn’t feel like I, my conscious self, was the part of me, who had the thought.

Yes! Same with me, it's a nagging feeling and I have to sometimes tell myself to go with it. Your examples are great. It's definitely a premonition if you avoid some sort of hardship that you are not involved in because of it. I would have had no idea that my luggage was not checked through to my destination if I hadn't got the bug in me to ask about it. That did help me avoid one problem. I had actually walked away from the agent after I'd checked my bag, got about 50 feet away, and then turned around and went back. Later when I was standing in line to recheck my bag I had this feeling of dismay that I was certainly going to miss my flight, could not see another option to get me out of that situation. Then came the cancellation and that particular dilemma went away.

Having to grab my luggage off the first flight did give me an advantage in dealing with the cancellation. Maybe I'll get a clue later. Because of the flight to Warsaw being cancelled, I also missed the later one leaving Warsaw for my final destination. I was looking forward to seeing Poland from the air, had not seen it before. Some other time I guess. There were about 200 people on the cancelled flight so we did it together.

Quote from: jbseth
I do believe that perhaps sometimes, like in this example, we unknowingly “agree” to “allow” something to occur in our reality, like our luggage getting lost, in support of someone else’s reality and the issues that’ll occurred with them in their reality because of it.

Good point!

Offline Deb

• Administrator
    • Like us on Facebook!
As an update, my luggage did arrive and things from that point on are humming along nicely. I don't anticipate any problems, I guess I'm back in my groove.

Offline jbseth

Awesome Deb,

I visualize great flights and no problems for you, or your luggage.  :)

jbseth

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):