Author Topic: Seth's Information  (Read 211 times)

Offline jbseth

Hi All,

Over the years, I’ve often wondered just what to call the Seth’s information.  Given the definition of “religion” from Wikipedia below, I’m not sure know that I’d call it a religion.

Religion is a social-cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, morals, worldviews, texts, sanctified places, prophecies, ethics, or organizations, that relates humanity to supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual elements.

In addition to this, I’m also not sure that I’d call it a “philosophy”, given the definition of philosophy from Wikipedia below.

Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental questions about existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language. Wikipedia

Given this then, what should it be called?   Have you ever thought about this?

Recently, in Session 840 of NoME, Ch 6, I discovered that Seth himself, seems to refer to it as a “framework of beliefs” (see spoiler below). Perhaps this is the best phrase that we can use to describe Seth’s information.

What do you think?

Sorry, you must be logged in to view spoiler contents.

-jbseth

Offline Sena

Quote from: jbseth
Religion is a social-cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, morals, worldviews, texts, sanctified places, prophecies, ethics, or organizations, that relates humanity to supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual elements.
jbseth, I think it is difficult to generalize about religion, because each particular sect of a religion has its own degree of rigidity. Sri Lankan Buddhists pride themselves on being Theravada and they look down on Tibetan Buddhists. The Dalai Lama is actually banned from visiting Sri Lanka, for fear of offending the Chinese.

I see Seth as having taught some very useful truths, but I don't regard him as being infallible. I don't think there is such a thing as a Sethian religion, and if there is one, I don't belong to it.

Offline jbseth

Hi Sena,

Thanks for your reply.

I was trying to find a good definition for both "philosophy" and "religion" and it turns out to be much harder than I initially thought. After a while, I just chose the lazy mans option and took the definitions that I found from Wikipedia.

I completely agree with your point about it being difficult to generalize about religion. In a similar vein, I know that the Roman Catholic church is very different than the protestant "Pentacost" church and both of these are very different than, for example  the "Westboro Baptist Church".

I also know that the people of Northern Ireland, have very different feelings about the Roman Catholic Church than those of Ireland in general.

Regarding Seth's infallibility, I also agree. I don't believe that Seth is infallible. Although I suspect that you and I, probably differ in regards to how much of what he does say, is true. I also suspect that this is probably true for everyone here in the forum :)

-jbseth

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
  • ~You are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
Quote from: jbseth
I’ve often wondered just what to call the Seth’s information.

Me too, I always struggle with that when trying to explain the Seth materials to someone who's never heard of Seth or Jane Roberts.

Not a religion for sure. Not science either. More philosophy. But over the years physics seems to come out with theories that support what Seth said 40-50 years ago so I'd say closer to physics. Seth's explanations can't be proven to other people with demonstrations or parlor tricks, the idea that we make our own reality on both a individual and mass levels has to experienced personally in order for anyone to be able to open to the concept.

I usually tell people it's philosophy explaining the nature of reality, that physics is catching up with the materials, and leave it at that.

A short description from the wiki on the Seth Material: "The core teachings of the Seth Material are based on the principle that consciousness creates matter, and that each individual creates his or her own reality through thoughts, beliefs and expectations."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Material

Seth's "framework of beliefs" is good, Session 840 is a nice find. I especially like this, the "larger level" : 

Quote from: seth
You are providing an overall aura of spiritual and intellectual light which would help people precisely because you are not tied to specifics, but engaged with the larger levels of reality from which the specifics emerge …

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Twelve divided by two (word):