Can we re-create our past from the present?

Started by happiness, July 23, 2019, 05:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

I'm with you Deb, I've seen all kinds of people, all kinds of shades of grey.

I've known people who were really very good people, but who always felt that they were bad, because of childhood trauma or various religious beliefs.  I've also known others who seem to think of themselves as being really awesome, but that isn't how others see them.

I've also seen many who are somewhere in between.

It's not been my experience that either one of these 2 "beliefs" are necessarily true or not true.

"I don't think anyone identifies himself as a bad person, even for a murderer."

"I think people identify as either good or bad."

- jbseth

Deb

OK that darned song has been in my head all day. I wonder why that happens?

I loved the Monkees too, remember watching the shows on the old b&w. I had posters of them everywhere, from all the teen magazines. Some day I'll tell the story here of my TeenWorld experience at age 12 that was a precursor to having this forum. I only made the connection a couple of years ago.

So what strikes me about this song (which went over my head when I was a kid) is the sadness in the melody and lyrics, a yearning for the simple days when seeing things as only black and white was so much easier. Those "rules" were clear. But seeing things in shades of grey (more than 50, a whole other story) muddies the waters. It's Cypher in the Matrix regretting his knowledge—"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?" I've felt in the past that my ability to empathize with both sides to a situation was a weakness. I'm just now thinking, because of the Seth materials, that it's a strength.

Reality is not always pretty, and some say ignorance is bliss. But knowledge is power—and the path towards growth.

T.M.

I've let go of a lot of my conspiracy material. It just makes things too dark, too often.
Change can be unsettling. Everything does, and will.  I do miss when things were simpler, the rules were well,
there for 1 thing, and not ambiguous either.
I was rebellious then too and wished things weren't so strict.
I don't really regret my searches into the conspiracy world.
At the end of it, as always I keep coming back to the Seth.
Just seems the sanest material I've ever encountered. I think humanity is on the verge of a major expansion. It will likely be for the good in the long run. Going to be a bit bumpy on the way though.

I would love to hear about how your TeenWorld experience was a precursor to this forum.
I loved David Cassidy back in the day :)

Deb

OMG David Cassidy! Yes!

So many wonderful things about those days. I'll follow up in the morning with TeenWorld.

jbseth

Hi Deb, Hi T.M.

You mean, "Come on Get Happy" and "I Think I Love You", that David Cassidy?

I thought Susan Dey was pretty hot.

- jbseth