Question

Started by Canecinhas, September 10, 2020, 12:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canecinhas

if our beliefs and expectations create our realities, why do we, sometimes, experience something different from what we believe, thought, feel and expecting?
Sorry for my bad english. :(

Deb

Hi Lília, welcome to the forum! You english seems fine to me! Plus there is a Google translate button at the top of the page if that helps any. Google translate is not perfect, but helpful at times.

Can you give us an example so we can answer more specifically? There can be several reasons that would make things appear that way. For now, some overly simple explanations: We make our reality individually and also through mass consciousness, but some times our beliefs are unknown to us or limiting, or we may think we believe something and we really don't. There are also other factors, such as what we originally came here to accomplish in this life. And while free will operates, it can have some limitations. In the meantime, there is a topic here that may have some answers for you, https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=1997 .

I'm looking forward to finding out how you came across the Seth materials, and which books you've already read.

jbseth

Hi Lilia,

First, let me say, welcome to the forum.   :)

There are several things that could be going on with this.  This can come about due to issues either at an individual level or at a mass level.

Sometimes we have beliefs that conflict with other beliefs that we also hold. Furthermore, sometimes we may not even be aware of this. For example, someone who desires to be wealthy may also hold the conflicting beliefs that: 1) "money is the root of all evil", 2) "the wealthy are all power hungry and corrupt" and 3) "the only people who are good, are those who are poor".

A person who holds these conflicting beliefs, may not ever become wealthy unless or until they take a look at some of these beliefs and make some changes to them.

In addition to this, sometimes we "say" that we believe "something" but, down deep, we know that we really don't believe it. This conflict between what we "say" we believe, and what we actually believe, can also limit the effectiveness of the belief.

Seth talks about many of these issues in his book "The Nature of Personal Reality".

Then there's mass events and the beliefs we have about them, like Covid-19. Often it's very hard to see how or why we created these mass event. This is such as complex issue that here I'll defer to the Seth book, "The individual and the nature of Mass Events".

-jbseth