effect before cause

Started by infinteascent, January 16, 2021, 12:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Hi infinteascent, welcome to the forum! I was just trying to figure out how to pronounce your display name, lol.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Interesting too, a little coincidence, just the other day I posted a quote from a fiction novel (Dean Koontz of all things), and the character said:

Quote from: Deb
First, on the subatomic level, effect sometimes comes before cause. In other words, an event can happen before the reason for it ever occurs. Equally odd, in an experiment with a human observer, subatomic particles behave differently from the way they behave when the experiment is unobserved while in progress and the results are examined after the fact which might suggest that human will, even subconsciously expressed, shapes reality.

I thought that was pretty interesting, but I also want to figure out if (or how) that fits at all what Seth said about cause and effect being an illusion, since time is simultaneous. He'd probably say it's because we and physicists et al continue to interpret new science from a Framework 1 perspective.

inavalan

Quote from: Deb on January 16, 2021, 02:12:00 PMHi infinteascent, welcome to the forum! I was just trying to figure out how to pronounce your display name, lol.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. Interesting too, a little coincidence, just the other day I posted a quote from a fiction novel (Dean Koontz of all things), and the character said:

Quote from: DebFirst, on the subatomic level, effect sometimes comes before cause. In other words, an event can happen before the reason for it ever occurs. Equally odd, in an experiment with a human observer, subatomic particles behave differently from the way they behave when the experiment is unobserved while in progress and the results are examined after the fact which might suggest that human will, even subconsciously expressed, shapes reality.

I thought that was pretty interesting, but I also want to figure out if (or how) that fits at all what Seth said about cause and effect being an illusion, since time is simultaneous. He'd probably say it's because we and physicists et al continue to interpret new science from a Framework 1 perspective.
I think that that particle experiment is an example of "inverted time", of creating of the past from the spacious present.

Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.