Ordinary Joe

Started by usmaak, November 28, 2021, 12:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usmaak

This is a TV show about choices made.  In the story, the main character is faced with a seemingly innocuous choice on the day of his college graduation.  The show then follows the character through the three lives he lives as a result of the choice that he made.  It's interesting because the story lines are done in tandem.  So its like following three different stories at the same time.  It's the same group of people, but wildly different lives because of one seemingly minor choice.

I realize that I'm doing a poor job of explaining the show.  But for someone who has always thought about how even small choices can make a huge difference in a life path, it's been a lot of fun.  Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to keep the storylines straight.  The same characters play different roles in all three story arcs, which can be a bit confusing, but the writers did a decent job of making it easier to follow all three stories without getting confused.  NBC hasn't renewed it yet and I think that it if does get cancelled, it will be because sometimes it is a bit easy to get lost in what's happening in each life.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw this out here.  I think it's a show that would be interesting to those interested in Seth.
Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

Thanks for this! I watched the trailer and it looks interesting. Since I don't have cable,  I'll have to stream it on Amazon or something for a couple of bucks, which is not a problem.

I have to say the male actor really reminded me of Scott Bakula, something about his face. Scott was the lead in the old (1989-93) "Quantum Leap" series which I really enjoyed.  "Dr Sam Beckett, a physicist who involuntarily leaps through spacetime during experiments in time travel, by temporarily taking the place of other people to correct what he consistently discovers were historical mistakes." He was always gender switching... it reminded me of reincarnations.

I wouldn't mind watching a few episodes of that either.

usmaak

I remember him from the tv show, Zoo. He was the lead actor.

I remember Quantum Leap. I think I saw an episode or two. I was in college at the time and the only thing I watched was Letterman.

LarryH

Quote from: usmaak on November 28, 2021, 12:34:39 PMThe same characters play different roles in all three story arcs, which can be a bit confusing, but the writers did a decent job of making it easier to follow all three stories without getting confused. 
I mentioned this show somewhere here when it first came out, but that post did not trigger any responses. I just wanted to mention that the show has some clever tricks in keeping the three story lines straight. Joe's hairstyle, glasses or no glasses, beard or no beard - vary in the three story lines. But the best navigation method is that each story line has a different dominant color scheme: green for the nurse, blue for the cop, and red for the rock star.
Like Like x 1 View List

usmaak

Quote from: LarryH on November 29, 2021, 10:59:37 AMBut the best navigation method is that each story line has a different dominant color scheme: green for the nurse, blue for the cop, and red for the rock star.
Ha.  I didn't notice that.  But I will check it out.  I did notice the change in hair styles/glasses/facial hair.  After a while, you just get a feel for the storylines as well.

Deb

Quote from: LarryH on November 29, 2021, 10:59:37 AMI mentioned this show somewhere here when it first came out, but that post did not trigger any responses.

Ah, yes! I didn't recognize the name of the show, but your description of the different color schemes sounded familiar. Your post was here. Unfortunately sometimes posts and topics get missed here.

usmaak

Quote from: Deb on November 29, 2021, 04:50:13 PM
Quote from: LarryH on November 29, 2021, 10:59:37 AMI mentioned this show somewhere here when it first came out, but that post did not trigger any responses.

Ah, yes! I didn't recognize the name of the show, but your description of the different color schemes sounded familiar. Your post was here. Unfortunately sometimes posts and topics get missed here.
I haven't been around much lately, so I didn't see the post.  But the show made me think of this group, so I had to post it. :)
Like Like x 1 View List

Deb

OK I watched the first two episodes and really liked them. I'm going to wait until it's free on Amazon or Netflix or whatever. But I thought the plot, the acting, the subtleties and the videography were first class.

@usmaak I did notice you've been pretty quiet lately, so thank you for checking in. Very much appreciated.

LarryH

Quote from: Deb on December 01, 2021, 08:44:47 PMI'm going to wait until it's free on Amazon or Netflix or whatever.
You can watch Ordinary Joe or any of their shows for free on the NBC website. Episodes are available on the sites the day after they first air. Many canceled shows are also available on the major network websites.
Ordinary Joe
Another option for NBC is PeacockTV. It has all of the current NBC shows with fewer or shorter commercials as well as old shows, original shows, shows from other networks, and shows that have never been aired in the U.S. Most of it is free, but sometimes they will try to hook you on a show and then want to charge you to continue with more episodes. But I watched the entire 9 seasons of Suits for free on Peacock.

Deb

Thank you! I think you've mentioned Peacock TV before. I did try to access it on my laptop in the past (I can plug my laptop into my tv and use it as a monitor), but I couldn't get it to work because my operating system was not compatible with their site's technology. But... just last weekend I did a major OS upgrade and I'll try again.  ;D

Also good to know it can be accessed on the NBC website! It's been so long since I've had cable tv that I forget there are network websites.