How were you led to Seth?

Started by LarryH, August 15, 2023, 07:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryH

My story is boring. I was always interested in metaphysical philosophies, so I naturally gravitated to Seth books.

But today, I was listening to a downloaded Coast-to-Coast interview. The interviewee was Tom Dongo, who was to talk about the paranormal. In the midst of the interview, he said that one day he was walking along, and two "invisible hands" grabbed his shoulders. He was led into a used bookstore all the way to the back. When he was standing before some bookshelves, the invisible hands pressed down so that he was looking at the lower shelf. He picked up the book Seth Speaks, bought it, and found it to be an important book to study. He said he had heard similar stories from others who had bought Seth books.

I was just wondering if anyone here had synchronicities or books jumping off shelves or the like that led you to buy your first Seth book.

Mark M

Late 1976, radio interview with singer Phoebe Snow.

She brought up The Seth Material and Seth Speaks saying they give great answers to life.

I wrote those titles down, bought them, and found she was quite right.

inavalan

Browsing a library shelves I noticed a few inconspicuous-cover books having in their titles "Seth". Talking later to my wife, she said that she heard about Seth, but didn't know more, so next time I borrowed one "Seth" book from the library. It didn't make any sense. It kind of reminded of the confusion I felt reading Faulkner's "The Sound and the Fury" (?!). So, I promptly returned it, unread (I made a special effort to read that Faulkner's book).

A few years later, at another library, in another city, I noticed "Seth" books again, borrowed one of them. Now it felt more like reading Dostoevsky's "Crime and punishment" (?!). Abandoned it again (I made a special effort to read that Dostoevsky's book too).

Even later, tried various "Seth" books several times, with mixed success, each time losing interest at some point.

Only after I established a good connection to my inner-guide, I began understanding where Seth comes from, but I found him (as channeled) too prolix for my taste and patience.

The moment when I started to appreciate the Seth material was when I discovered the Seth search-engine. This allowed me to get different perspectives on the direct-knowledge I received from my inner-guide.

Now, I occasionally run Seth search-engine queries as part of my interpreting the events, situations, concepts that draw my attention.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

Deb

Nothing too impressive for me. A friend kept talking about Abraham and I thought he meant the one in the Bible. He said no, Abraham-Hicks. I read one of their books and in it Jerry Hicks wrote about being lead to a Seth book in a used book store—I think the book fell off an upper shelf and hit him. After that, he and Esther devoured the Seth materials, reading them together, and mentioned them a lot in their book. I was curious, and wanted to find this "source," Seth. I never turned back.  ;D