Reincarnation

Started by BethAnne, February 28, 2016, 03:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BethAnne

This is kind of a cheesy video but interesting.  It's been awhile since I've read much Seth and by now confuse Seth, Bashar and Abraham.  Does anyone have a quote,experience or an opinion?  How do you feel a past life has directed your NOW life?

LenKop

My views about reincarnation have changed alot since delving into the Seth material
Particularly since my understanding of time is limited. We are so linear in this life, and I'm sure there are valid reasons for this, but then our beliefs regarding things that happened 'before' affecting things that happen 'after' (cause and effect) really need to be re investigated.

Most religions, whether Eastern ideas regarding karma, or Western concerns with penance for sins, have helped cement the belief that our 'past' influences our present. I'm sure it does. My issue is the amount of personal power we reject because of our beliefs that we are imprisoned in some way by the past. If time is open ended, and everything exists in the NOW, and lives are being lived simultaneously, regardless of time period, then perhaps we can free oursleves of these limiting ideas. Perhaps everytime someone does a past life regression they are not just 'remembering' but influencing a probable self, that then sets up a whole new timeline. Maybe thats the real power of looking into the past life - helping that life, rather than just trying to heal this one.

In that regard then, why aren't we doing future life regressions? Theres an assumption in the video that the kids are remembering past lives, but maybe its a future existence. But again, this goes to show how ingrained the idea of linear time is in our psyches. Its like we are ignoring half of our greater self experience by only focussing one way through time.

Seth has mentioned the point of power being in the present many times. I think we free ourselves from much baggage by truly understanding this.

I recently finished the Matrix Energietics book (thx JohnS for the link) and it was intetesting to hear the author talking about 'healing' being an idea that, too, is trapped by ideas of time. Getting healthier is about transformation, and that is instantaneous.

LK

Deb

Quote from: BethAnne on February 28, 2016, 03:51:07 PMDoes anyone have a quote,experience or an opinion?

Whoa, that first kid in the video reminded me of what my son said to me in the car. Creepy. Kids say the darnedest things, but the little ones talking about being killed and past lives really have to make you think.

Quote from: LenKop on February 28, 2016, 09:05:57 PMMost religions, whether Eastern ideas regarding karma, or Western concerns with penance for sins, have helped cement the belief that our 'past' influences our present.

The thing that bothers me about this line of thinking is that we could then consider ourselves victims and powerless from the get-go, similar to the idea that we are victims of our genes. If time is simultaneous (outside of our experiences in the material world) then re-incarnations would also be simultaneous. I've stopped calling it re-incarnation in favor of incarnations. Yes, maybe probable selves.

And why not future life regressions? Good question. My thought is that since we ARE so linear, we only think of the past and present as being real. No one's ever thought of that before. Not only a great question, but a great idea!

I hate to bring up Joe Dispenza again (sorry, I'm still high from the workshop), but he does something a little like that in his meditations. He calls it remembering our future. During meditation, where we coax our consciousness out of the material world and into the quantum field of possibilities, he tells us to envision scenes from our future. A future we want. Make the scene as realistic as possible, trying to make it more real than everyday reality. Smell, taste, touch, hear, see it. See it from every angle. Live in it. Feel gratitude for it's existence. And then step back with confidence and give it to the quantum field to make it real.

He says that when we visit our future reality, we leave a bit of our energy there. Sort of a breadcrumb trail. His example of why he believes this: when he does the workshops, he has equipment that reads ambient energy in the conference room, from before the workshop to the end. The conference rooms are empty when the walking meditations are being done outdoors, and the room's energy always elevates significantly during that meditation. He says it's because we leave some of our energy in the room, even if our bodies are not there. Interesting stuff.

BethAnne

He calls it remembering our future.

I use this concept all the time and have only been limited by my narrow mindedness.  Which thankfully has been blown wide open by Events.

Because of toddler brain trauma and the remedy of major drugs the part of my brain that deals with linear thinking is limited.  I don't do 1..2..3..4 very well.  So I've had to "see" the  Outcome rather than figure out step by step how to get there.  I call it "Parting the Red Sea".  I visualize where I want to end up and then visualize a Red Carpet leading to that Event and I just sail along and everything seems to fall into place.

I'm only limited by belief in my limits.   ;D

BethAnne

Dolores Cannon was just a housewife who got interested in hypnosis in the 40's.  Then she "accidently" realized she was picking up past lives.  Then after awhile she was picking up future lives.  She is the one who believes the Earth is separating into other probable timelines.

John Sorensen

The next time I go in for a hypnosis session with the person I went to last year (who uses the Dolores Cannon method) I'm going to ask to experience a future incarnation rather than a "past" one. I get bits and pieces now, but still looking forward to doing deeper (when I'm working again full time and can afford to go).

Always found it odd that after reading five books on so on this sort of material, that nobody I have read about so far deliberately chooses to recall future lives. Just seems odd to me, as I'm sure it does to any long term Seth reader.

John Sorensen

Quote from: LenKop on February 28, 2016, 09:05:57 PMMost religions, whether Eastern ideas regarding karma, or Western concerns with penance for sins, have helped cement the belief that our 'past' influences our present.

When you combine cultural dogma (say religion) with things like caste system or any similar type of belief system, then you get situations like in India, where some people may believe they suffer in this life because of actions in a past life, rather than from their own choices.

Quote from: Deb on February 29, 2016, 12:39:30 AM

1.The thing that bothers me about this line of thinking is that we could then consider ourselves victims and powerless from the get-go, similar to the idea that we are victims of our genes. If time is simultaneous (outside of our experiences in the material world) then re-incarnations would also be simultaneous. I've stopped calling it re-incarnation in favor of incarnations. Yes, maybe probable selves.

2.And why not future life regressions? Good question. My thought is that since we ARE so linear, we only think of the past and present as being real. No one's ever thought of that before. Not only a great question, but a great idea!

3.I hate to bring up Joe Dispenza again (sorry, I'm still high from the workshop), but he does something a little like that in his meditations. He calls it remembering our future. During meditation, where we coax our consciousness out of the material world and into the quantum field of possibilities, he tells us to envision scenes from our future. A future we want. Make the scene as realistic as possible, trying to make it more real than everyday reality. Smell, taste, touch, hear, see it. See it from every angle. Live in it. Feel gratitude for it's existence. And then step back with confidence and give it to the quantum field to make it real.

4.He says that when we visit our future reality, we leave a bit of our energy there. Sort of a breadcrumb trail. His example of why he believes this: when he does the workshops, he has equipment that reads ambient energy in the conference room, from before the workshop to the end. The conference rooms are empty when the walking meditations are being done outdoors, and the room's energy always elevates significantly during that meditation. He says it's because we leave some of our energy in the room, even if our bodies are not there. Interesting stuff.

1. I started using the term "simultaneous incarnations" a good number of years ago, from the seth material, and make it a point to use that term, and "simultaneous time" in my writing.

2. It's seems an odd habit, one I have been deliberately making the effort to break lately. Although, in general terms past and future lives don't interest me a whole lot. It's not my main focus. Also, see my other post in this thread.

3. Please bring up Joe as often as you like. He's brilliant, and so far his work is only known by a tiny niche of people. I wish I could be like an affiliate or something, I would love to teach using his sort of methodology, which satisfies the my logical scientific type mind that likes to break things down into repeatable, easy to understand teachable steps.

I've started writing a short book on the same techniques (last year, have not finished it) that comes up in Neville Goddard, Joe Dispenza, James Allen, Wayne Dyer, Abraham, Seth and many other teachers. It also comes up in tibetan teachings and in the bible. Seeing yourself in the future, feeling and acting NOW as if that future event has already happened.dd

The oldest version I know is "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee." Proverbs 23:7.
[/size]
I don't know the historical meaning or context of that bit from proverbs. Many of the bible stories have plain ordinary meanins, and then far more esoteric meanings. In this case "as he thinketh in his heart, so is he" is the part where our BODIES speak to the quantum field.

So I think I a worthy of a great job, but I FEEL that I don't deserve it, guess which part is stronger? The emotion of course.

-As you FEEL, so you are-

So therefore you better choose to feel more accurately to get the results you want in my view. Joe explains this feedback loop very well, and how to get out of the ordinary dysfunctional thought/feeling/emotion/body chemicals pattern and use it for healthier living and conscious creation rather than unconscious reaction and dysfunction rooted in memory, habit and unconscious energetic patterns.

Deb

Quote from: John Sorensen on March 01, 2016, 11:06:06 PMI wish I could be like an affiliate or something, I would love to teach using his sort of methodology,

Joe does, or at least had, a training program for people who wanted to learn how to teach his concepts to others, such as in the corporate world. Funny, at the October workshop I remembered I had met a woman a few years ago who had taken the training. I couldn't remember her name for the life of me. The day after I go back home, I had a notice from Facebook that it was her birthday. We connected immediately, had a rapid flurry of emails going and then I guess we ran out of things to share. Quickly, this might be what you want. I see that the training is not available at this time.

I can also see if this "friend" would connect with you if you have questions. I'm not sure how active she is right now, she moved from Colorado to Texas a couple of years ago and has been too busy with work to do any training. She's a very interesting person, with some unique gifts.

John Sorensen

Hey Deb.
I have no connection to any corporate world. Although I watched Wall Street at least twice.

The town  I live in  / area has a good amount of Yoga and Meditation places / teachers etc. So down the track I would like to be doing something in that area. More as a side thing to whatever else I am doing career wise.

I'm always writing, and thinking, and reading and meditating, and revising my ideas on Life, the Universe and Everything, and creating new synthesis of new ideas, theories, methodologies etc into my world view. Not just in this life, but other lifetimes. I'm like a blackhole for knowledge. But not just absorbing and living it, but sharing and making sense of things and hopefully passing on what I learn, otherwise it's rather wasteful.

If I have a personal philosophy (which I don't) it would be "Transcend and Include" (greater perspectives) from Ken Wilber and "Whatever works, whatever gets it done" from Bruce Lee in parallel with I want to know the mind of God" (not proper quote, but most Einistein quotes are not accurate you find online anyway....)

Well, I keep seeing these good teachers and systems and things (usually American, I live in OZ, land of the wicked convicts of the east and bread thieves of the west) and thinking "ohhh, that's good, I would like to be involved with that".

But so many of these sorts of things tend to be American focused, and that is fine. Wonderful in fact, free thinkers and yadda yadda yadda.

So I'm left to keep absorbing what is useful. Although some systems, like say CrossFit for example, have organised training, and people can be affiliates, and there are quite a few here in OZ, even though CrossFit is an American system/methodology, I was surprised at how popular/widespread it is here.

It's early days for Joe, and like other teachers/Speakers, he's a way show-er, a forerunner of paradigm changes, inviting those who are interested, who want practical tools to move into new realities, new paradigms and eventually new societies on earth. He's like a Matrix of possibilities, burning bright in a way that is most attractive and really speaks to people in a way they can understand and relate to. He's not asking for faith or any hocus-pocus, just real world results, and showing people how to better look after their own garden minds.

Well, I'm kind of rambling and tired. And I don't know what I was getting at, I can't remember. When I talk with my higher self, (and I'm terribly lazy) the message I keep getting is "be your own light, don't ask permission, don't waste time with doubt or indecision, don't bother trying to be or do what anyone else is doing, go your own way" or some such. Learn from all of them, but make your own way in the world, and trust that things will work out one way or another.

It's kind of painful at the moment, there is that yearning for expansion, that evolutionary impulse of All That Is that just want to do and be and become and expand etc inside me, but this gap from where i am now, to where I am going. And usually I don't care. I mean it doesn't bother me, everything in it own time and all that jazz. But I want to be more involved in life on every level and it's just not happening fast enough for me. Sometimes i feel like the Flash, like I can see what is around the corner for us individually and collectively, and it's all just moving in slow motion from my perspective. I keep leaping ahead, and then I'm waiting for everyone to catch up. But by the time they get to where I was, I've already moved on.

I don't know if any of this makes sense, but thanks for sharing your ideas and insights.  8)

BethAnne

I've had one future life vision of a water world and buildings made of glass. 
I would think it would be a challenge to pick up on the future as it would be so far beyond what you are used to .....at this point in time....that you might not understand what you are seeing.  Maybe those people who saw the future ended up being burned as a witch.  How could you comprehend the internet from a 1500 perspective.  When I think of the changes in my own life I don't think I could wrap my 16 year old mind  around what I'm dealing with today. 

I've written before where I've reincarnated with Pirates.   ;D
At this time I'm dealing with $$ issues but am living an abundant life.    I've got a couple grand in beads for me jewelry sitting in front of me.  My son provides a car and phone.  I live in a town with a river and parks which is my kind of relaxation.   I have a lot of free time which I really need right now.

But your observations made me dissect my life and I realized that I'm dealing with a couple of important relationships with these Old Pirates that require me to have $0.00.
;D
For one "pirate" it is important that I have nothing he can "take" and that our friendship is not based on money.  I can sense money coming but first I NEED to know who he is and how he deals with me if I'm broke.

The other "pirate" who is extremely wealthy....and has decorated the baby nursery as a pirate ship???......well that situation is about having abundance without financial wealth.  Drives them up the wall that I am more content and they can't buy that contentment.   This is the level of these particular pirates....the DEA is investigating $100K in missing guns and $300K in missing money.  And right now they are annoyed with me for being happy with $0.

Both of these relationships are VERY important to resolve at this time and could not have been as effective if I had a "normal" supply of cash.

BethAnne

When Maya was helping me deal with some past life stuff we skimmed this Gobeki Tepe life.  Quite disturbing and I can only speculate about it.
Maya was a reader who had a Crystal Shop in Durango, Colorado.  She was very helpful toward me but there was always an undercurrent of negativity.  Something about Gobeki Tempe was in the news and I tried to get her to comment on it but it put her in a panic.  We did sort it out and this is what we got.  Again, take with a grain of salt (block).

I had been a priestess during that time and was the one who put children in jars as a sacrifice.  I can remember drugging them to make it easier.  The idea was that their deaths would release a life force to the temple.  I can remember the darkness of it all but was drugged and hypnotized myself.  She was one of the children that I had entombed.  Our conversation "released" her and she then started "rescuing" the souls of the other children. 
Then we "got" that the reason the site had been buried was because of the great evil energy that saturated the soil of the place.   After that it was felt to be contaminated like we would cover up a radioactive site now.  I would get a feeling of dread at the thought of anyone digging into the site.  I always wondered if they felt that awful, awful energy.
:'(
Shortly after we explored this there was an article about finding the clay jars of children in an underground chamber.  Maya was horrified and pulled out of our friendship never to speak to me again.

Later:  After I wrote the above I walked to fill up my water jugs.  The Voice reminding me that Maya was helping me work through when I had been a child sacrifice during an Olmec life and here I had sacrificed her!  Amazingly I had not made the connection before that.  I must admit, I strongly blocked these memories.  I know I could follow that thread but the idea that any of my now children were sacrificed is horrific.
On the way back I found a golf ball which is an unlikely thing to come across in this small Cowboy and Indian town.  The Voice said "What goes around comes around.  All lives are a dimple on a golf ball".

BethAnne

There was a guy in my apartments one time and as soon as we saw each other there was an intense pull.  After a couple months of this we did start talking and quickly brought up past lives.  I told him I had this overwhelming feeling that we had met and started telling him about a reoccurring dream I had where I had been a white girl captured by Indians.  And then he finished the story which I didn't want to reveal so as to not program the experience.  He remembered being a trapper sent to rescue me.  My landlord and his brother deals in Indian art and I sense they were the tribe I lived with.

This guy also had very distinct eyes similar to Robert Downey Jr.  When I looked at them it was easy to transport to France where these same eyes were kissing my hand, my arm draped in belled blue silk sleeves.

BethAnne

image_nKSJjiKP.jpg
Jennifer Lawrence and Zubaida Tharwat
original image
Jimmy Fallon
original image
Michael Jackson
http://sfglobe.com/?id=1554

Deb

Some of those were a bit of a stretch, and some of them were pretty interesting. It made me wonder about the people that just can't stop getting plastic surgery, like they looked a bit different in another life and are trying to recapture their "correct" image. Hmmmm.

Watched a little TV last night, My Weird Addiction, and one of the episodes was about those woman who want to be human dolls (that had come up here not that long ago, under the opposite sex topic), so I thought it was an interesting coincidence. Another episode is a topic I came across when looking for YouTube videos about the doll women: Maskers. Men who ALSO want to be female human dolls. There are enough of them around the world that there are conventions and businesses aimed at helping relieve them of their money. From the outside, people would just dismiss them as weirdos. But then how is it there are so many people with these same unique hobbies/interests/obsessions? Makes me again wonder about reincarnation. A very short YouTube here:

Sorry but you must log in to view spoiler contents.

BethAnne

That was VERY odd.  I wonder what would provoke that response in people?

I've had dreams where my shadow was shown to me because I don't know if I could accept the image straight on, but the shadow on the wall was this shape. And when I got a quick look at my face it was white with green lips.