Author Topic: Worldchangers  (Read 1108 times)

Offline LenKop

'Something happens when you meet the world. Something happens when you meet each other. Something happens when you have a child, when you think, when you look at each other. Something happens the moment you are born. And, the world is different. Because you are, the world is different. It is a world of individuals. And, distorting an old historic statement: God must love individuals because he never made anything else.
You are not born as members of a nation tied tail to tail. You each are aware of the difference of your thoughts. And, when your thoughts meet the world, you change the world. Now, you are, also, changed by the world since you are not made of concrete. But, if I have taught you anything, I hope I have given you the grace to know yourselves to some extent, to recognize that you are, indeed, in your way, world changers. For, as you change yourselves, as you grow, you change the world. The world changes because you are.'
ESP 1978.12.02

via Asuman Altan on FB

A beautiful quote. i get emotional whenever I read it.
So, if you ever have a shitty day, this is a nice reminder.

LK

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
Quote from: LenKop
Because you are, the world is different.

Quote from: LenKop
For, as you change yourselves, as you grow, you change the world. The world changes because you are.

Len, thank you for that entire quote. There's magic in it. It reminds me of my favorite Seth quote (partially, below), which still takes my breath away. I don't know what it is about the idea that each of us affects (unknowingly) others beyond our own existence, but it really touches me. Deeply. To be so ordinary, and yet create such a impact...

Quote from: Deb
the touch of your hand can change a life in a way that no other individual, alive or dead, could change that life.
You act upon those that you know and those that you do not know in ways that no other individual can ever act.

That's the stuff that really gives true meaning to all of our lives.

Offline JimK

It's been quite a while since I read Jane's ESP book and I have obviously forgotten that passage. So thanks for posting it, Len. You're right, it is special.

I don't recall the quote you posted either, Deb. Another really good one. Where did you find that one?

I think I'd like to pass both of those along.

Offline LenKop

No worries guys. It's a beautiful passage. As is yours Deb. I only have a few Seth books, so the daily posts on FB are great, both for any material that I haven't read and just as a nice daily reminder.

LK

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
Quote from: JimK
Where did you find that one?

That was from the audio recordings, CD11. I really need to listen to all of those. The sound quality is often poor, so I really need to be sitting down somewhere quiet to hear them, I can't be out on one of my walks or cycling or driving the car. The entire quote is here: https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=15

Offline JimK

Re: Worldchangers
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »
  • Quote Entire Post (or highlight some text for a PARTIAL quote)
  • Thanks, Deb, it's a beauty!  :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
    Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
    Name: Email:
    Verification:
    Type the letters shown in the picture
    Listen to the letters / Request another image
    Type the letters shown in the picture:
    The opposite of black:
    Twelve divided by two (word):