Don Miguel Ruiz Jr.

Started by Deb, March 21, 2017, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Saturday I went to a lecture by Don Miguel Ruiz and his two sons, Miguel Jr. and Jose. I'd read The Four Agreements a couple of years ago, enjoyed it, put it aside. My visit to the lecture was more out of curiosity. While I enjoyed listening to Miguel Sr. and Jose, Miguel Jr. knocked my socks off. He spoke for maybe 45 minutes, but his information was concentrated and spoke to me. The majority of what he spoke about reiterated things that Seth and other speakers have expressed, but for some reason the way he explains it reaches me on a more personal level.

Anyway, I searched on YouTube for some videos with Miguel Jr. speaking and came across a few podcasts. Here is one I really enjoyed. I actually know the host, Matt Belair. He was my 'partner de jour' at a Dispenza workshop a year or so ago. He's really talented in many ways, extremely deep and spiritual, has done a lot with spiritual coaching since I met him. No doubt I'll be starting a topic on him in the future.

So, on to Don Miguel Jr.
It's a long podcast, an hour, but what I am interested in starts at 20 minutes and is presented in a nutshell in his first sentence. The biggest plus I got out of it was an understanding of conditional love and how much it is used in our social conditioning, affecting our beliefs, perceptions, self-acceptance, worth and judgment. For me it was one of those answers that was right in front of my eyes, but I didn't see it.

I just ordered his book, The Mastery of Self: A Toltec Guide to Personal Freedom. From Amazon: "The ancient Toltecs believed that life as we perceive it is a dream. We each live in our own personal dream, and all of our dreams come together to make the Dream of the Planet. Problems arise when we forget that the dream is just a dream and fall victim to believing that we have no control over it. The Mastery of Self takes the Toltec philosophy of the dream of the planet and the personal dream and explains how a person can: Wake up; Liberate themselves from illusory beliefs and stories; Live with authenticity"

Doesn't sound too far off from Personal Reality and Mass Events.

https://youtu.be/LtTZ8jsCOrc